IS IT REALLY NEW GROWTH?

longhairlover

I ask this because I wonder if the wavy/kinky what ever you want to call it hair is really new growth?

Or is it underprocessed/permed hair?

I permed my hair 4 weeks ago, and i am thinking maybe i underprocessed, if it's new growth in 4 weeks then i'm happy about that, but I don't know.

what do you ladies think?

and have you ever experienced this fast of hair growth? or was your hair underprocessed by the perm?

Crystal22

If you hadn't noticed the underprocessed hair earlier than 4 weeks, its probably newgrowth. I always have atleast some newgrowth by 4 weeks anyway and when your hair has been underprocessed you will notice this right after the touch up, not just 4 weeks post. Atleast this is the case for moi.

HTH!!

CurlyMoo

It's new growth. The average growth rate is 1/2 inche a month and 4 weeks is a month so you're normal. Yeah! :yep:

longhairlover

yeah i guess your right, it's just that my hair is very thick and i love to wear it super straight which can make the eye think my hair is fine, i was just wondering if hair grows that fast, but the weather is getting warm too, so i guess i'll try to take advantage of the growth and maybe braid it up for a couple of weeks.

If you hadn't noticed the underprocessed hair earlier than 4 weeks, its probably newgrowth. I always have atleast some newgrowth by 4 weeks anyway and when your hair has been underprocessed you will notice this right after the touch up, not just 4 weeks post. Atleast this is the case for moi.

HTH!!