Is it really worth it to try and make conditioners

vevster

as opposed to buying them?

I have an aromatherapy book and would love to experiment but are these products really better than say my beloved kerastase?

to order all these ingredients costs $$$$$

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Is it really worth it to try and make conditio

From the sounds of it, you have found a jewel in the Keratase--you were very convincing of how wonderful it is, so much so that I ordered it! Couldn't hold back the PJ in me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sweetcocoa

That would depend on how often you would make it also. I found buying the oils and butter I use in my pomade expensive up front. But so far since my 4th batch, I've only had to buy the shea butter again(once). The oils I haven't had to replace yet. But I agree if you love what you currently use, then stick to it.

vevster

Well, I found a recipe that I will try as a pre treatment for the scalp!

It's simple:

1/2 tsp jojoba oil
10 drops Evening Primrose Oil
3 drops Palma Rosa essential oil

apply to scalp and wait 30 minutes then shampoo and condition as usual...
This according to my book is supposed to be good for thickening the hair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

vevster

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
That sounds good. I've never heard of the Palma Rosa oil...what is it good for?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to be an antifungal this is what it does for skin(in this case, scalp): Palmarosa oil moisturizes the skin, helps to stimulate cell regeneration and is valuable to use for acne, dermatitis, and minor skin infections, scarring, sore feet and athlete's foot.

Jade21

Palmarosa is one of the best essential oils around and I would urge you to try that conditioner. If you are sensitive to evening primrose oil, use black currant oil as a substitute.

Palmarosa is like the poor man's version of sandalwood. I say poor man's only because sandalwood is so expensive. Palmarosa is one of the richest essential oils I think I have used and is excellent in terms of price. A friend of mine gave me a 2oz bottle for Xmas two years ago (NOW Foods brand) and I haven't used half of it. It's very concentrated. Just to add to what you have written: It is excellent for deterring split ends and in terms of regeneration, it is highly reparative to the scalp. Just as a rule of thumb, if you see an essential which is reparative to the skin, remember that your scalp is skin, too /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~Jade~

P.S. The smell is lovely..sort of a musky rose, but better than that description. Mixes well with any of the citrus essentials and enhances ones like vetivert (substitute for sandalwood), frankincense, etc.

vevster

Palmarosa is one of the best essential oils around

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Great! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Well I placed an order with Cedarvale I got the ingredients for that conditioner and ingredients for my niece(4 months) she has cradle cap and I have a recipe for that also.

LondonDiva

Oh Great! Well I placed an order with Cedarvale I got the ingredients for that conditioner and ingredients for my niece(4 months) she has cradle cap and I have a recipe for that also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Great and Oh hell at the same time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jade I luv ya girl but you need to not make these products sound so tempting. I'm gonna turn into a PJ all over again now.