Is one side longer or thicker than the other?

Vanity1

My left side is the better side. When I started sleeping on the left side more the right caught up a little more. It is thicker now, doesn't grow as fast but still looks better.

Misseyl

That's one of the reason why I didn't mind cutting of my hair recently because the right side is thicker, longer and look healthier than the left side. Now that I'm in braids, I'm going to monitor the left side very carefully to see what I'm doing that causing this. My left side is shorter in areas and it doesn't make any sense. Also, I need to find another way to relax my hair. Instead of the parting my hair down the middle then part it down the sides because there's something funny going on in that area too.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
My left front side is shorter than my right front, but my left back is longer than my right back...I'm left handed :scratchch

i guess I'm all mixed up! :lachen: I think it's mostly because of the way I do my buns. I comb and pull my hair back more on my left side than I do on the right.

fluffyforever

My right side is a tad bit thicker/longer than my left side. You can't tell by just looking, but you can feel the difference. My left side tends to shrink more than the right too.

I'm glad it's not just me with differences. I always think that I'm being too rough with my left side, when in reality, I baby it cuz its thinner.

ms.blue

I'm going to try to fix this cuz it is annoying me now b/c when relaxed one side was longer but the other side was thicker so it kind of even things off (in my mind). Now it's one side that is longer & thicker which throws me off. I like I said b4 i'll just work on that side more.

theLovelyStyle

There is actually a large handful of my hair right above my right ear that is a couple inches past APL...while the rest of my hair is a couple inches FROM APL...lol it gives me hope!

MariposaSexyGirl

I guess no one figured out the reason for this yet?

I'm left handed and my right side grows better than the left. Ugh i hate it lol.

Hersheygurl

I have been trying to figure out the cause of the difference in my sides, to no avail. My right side shoots ahead at rocket speed, but the left side is thicker. I don't wrap, I sleep on alternate sides, and baby the ends on the left side a little more, but no matter what the right side is longer.

I have had to trim the right side often to even it up with the left a few times, but it just sprints out again, like it's saying "take that, left side na na na boo boo!".

When I hit goal length, I will keep a more even hemline.

kblc06

I'm right-handed (but I can use my left for writing & other tasks), and my right side is thicker. It is also more coarse and more resistant to split ends. I also tend to dust my left side more frequently which may have something to do with that as well. The nails of my right hand also grow in thicker, but my left-hand nails have a prettier shape :drunk:

Lita

My right side is thicker/Left side longer..No matter the cuts/trims etc...Still grows the same way...To top things off my hair also grows in a natural V shape..

happy Hair Growing!

golden_goddess

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I just discovered that my left side is thicker/healthier than my right, and it's really annoying me. I'm going to invest in some clip-ins in the mean time, since I'm also trying to grow out some layers.