Is the color change hard on anyone else's eyes?

trevprit

I thought I was just trippin' at first, :lachen:, but I realized that the new color scheme of the board is hurting my eyes and making me dizzy. I've NEVER experienced that b4. I think it's too much white.

The quoted posts are also hard to deal with because they are no longer in blue, so everything looks the same to me. BTW I don't wear glasses and don't have vision problems.

I LOVE the board, but this makes it difficult for me to enjoy reading the posts.

Can anyone tell me if I have the option to change the colors? (I read the maintenance announcement, but maybe I'm missing something...)

I hope this extremely white layout isn't the final layout.:perplexed

jupitermoon

I love most of the updates but don't like the color. I tried asking Nikos about this but I guess he didn't see my questions.... Updates are supposed to be completed by September 30th and I hope we get the options to change the background to a darker color and also have the option to customize our profiles. Then, everything will be great.

Briabiggles

Change the brightness setting on your monitor. Believe it or not Nikos has already make the color scheme better than it was.

trevprit

Change the brightness setting on your monitor. Believe it or not Nikos has already make the color scheme better than it was.

Of course I did consider turning the brightness down on my monitor, but it's even just the brightness per se, more like the contrast in the colors.

Besides, if I did that, that would affect what works for the other sites I visit.

I find this color scheme to be a downgrade, actually. What about the change to the color do you like (Not being sarcastic, either, I'm curious)?

Briabiggles

I'm indifferent to the color change. To me it's not that serious.

ETA: The day the site came up from the upgrade EVERYTHING was white. There was no definition between post and siggies....it all blended together. Since then, Nikos has added more color and distinction. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me. I can see how much it's improved since then. He didn't have to change it at all but he did appease us. This might be as good as it gets.

Last edited:

jupitermoon

We now can customize our blogs and change the colors of our blogs.

ETA: The new blog features are nice. I like the look of the personal blog pages.

Last edited: