Is There A Product For Detangling

GinnyP

Asking for a friend :look: Is there a miracle product that melts away severely detangle matted hair?

sunflora

Flowah Powah
When my sister was in a car accident and on bedrest in the hospital for a couple of weeks, her hair was basically one big dreadlock by the time we got her out. We loaded it with conditioner, then used hot/warm olive oil. It wasn't necessarily easy, but we did save her hair minus one or two knots we had to cut out.

LiLi

Soultanicals Slip N Slide Knot Proof Hair Glide. My braided sections of hair basically dread if I go a month without taking the braids down and re-doing them. That stuff cuts through the matting like nothing.

Also, nappyheadedjojoba on YouTube has a DIY detangler that alot of people love. I am actually going to try to make it this week.

Okra, slippery elm, marshmallow root and aloe vera gel (only use fresh in my opinion) are all slippery. So I am thinking that any product with, at least 2 of those ingredients may work.

I also find that most conditioners with bentrimonium methosulfate (I think that is right) and ceteryl alcohol help.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My hair used to be matted and knotted a lot post wash. My favorites:
Mane n Tail Detangler
Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1
Cantu for Kids Conditioning Detangler (although marketed for kids, worked great for my complicated adult hair)

BeautifulRoots

Conditioner + ACV mixed with Water.

(before shampooing) Put a slippery conditioner on the hair (I used herbal essences hello hydration) and lightly spray it with water. Put on a plastic cap for about an hour to soften the hair. Then mix ACV and water (50/50 mix) in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on the hair while detangling.

This worked like a dream after my hair was in mini twists for 5 weeks. Usually after mini twists, my hair is super hard to detangle with tons of knots and some matting in the back near the roots. This literally melted the tangles away.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm tea are great for detangling. If you want a store bought item, try African Pride Moisture Miracle Pre Shampoo. It works really well on damp hair.