Is There An Alternative To Hv Cocasta Shikakai Oil?

demlew

Hi all. I've used Hairveda's Cocasta Shikakai oil for years and love it, but I wonder if they're going out of business bc their site hasn't had it in stock or been updated for months. I know I can order some from Hattache, but does anyone know of a comparable oil? TIA!

syrk

Have you thought about making your own? The ingredients are pretty common oils and ayruvedic powders. You can get everything on Amazon.

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulsis, Acacia Concinna Oil, Bacopa Monniera Oil, Emblica Officianalis Fruit Oil, Azadirachta Indica Seed Oil, Fragrance

aka

Castor Oil, Almond Oil, Shikakai, Brahmi, amla, neem oil

I would just combine the oils and add in powder versions of the Shikakai, Brahmi and amla.

Curlyproverbz has a bunch of videos on how she makes her ayruvedic oils.

Last edited:

sunflora

Flowah Powah
^ I find it more cost efficient. I made my own amla oil using those instructions, and it doesn't smell nearly as bad as the type you buy at the Indian store..

demlew

Have you thought about making your own? The ingredients are pretty common oils and ayruvedic powders. You can get everything on Amazon.

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulsis, Acacia Concinna Oil, Bacopa Monniera Oil, Emblica Officianalis Fruit Oil, Azadirachta Indica Seed Oil, Fragrance

aka

Castor Oil, Almond Oil, Shikakai, Brahmi, amla, neem oil

I would just combine the oils and add in powder versions of the Shikakai, Brahmi and amla.

Curlyproverbz has a bunch of videos on how she makes her ayruvedic oils.

I hadn’t considered it, but I might have to. Thanks for the video!