Is there anyone here that DOESN'T use...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Is there anyone here that DOESN\'T use...

Leave-ins???

Im running out of my Motions Nourish Leave-in and its a great product but Im wondering if it's really neccessary to have a leave-in. I didnt start using a leave-in until the end of 2003. My hair has felt softer and stronger from using this product but I dont know if I should invest in another leave-in.

Is there anyone here that doesn't use leave-ins?

For those who use leave-ins faithfully, is it really neccessary to use them? Why?

Karonica

Re: Is there anyone here that DOESN\'T use...

I stopped using a "leave-in." Now, I just use Parnevu Growth Creme after shampooing because it detangles very well. I was using Profectiv's Break-Free as my "leave-in" before that, although it wasn't so great at detangling but it was very moisturizing.

Falon

I use a leave in moisturizer but I guess I could get away w/o using it...The only thing is that my hair dries out in 24 hours...so I would have to con wash everyday and never use any heat or surge or my hair will dry out and break off.

lonei

I never use to use them and my hair use to break and shed alot, I NEED them

Leslie_C

I think u pretty much need them, but others have mentioned they use a little of their regular conditioner as a leave in. Maybe you could dilute your conditioner with water in a spray bottle. lots of ppl also make their own little leave in concoction(sp?) with a little of this and little of that(oils,etc). Some moisturizers are also considered a leave in, like elasta qp recovery. its cheap too and multipurpose!

Whats your regular conditioner and moisturizer?

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
I think u pretty much need them, but others have mentioned they use a little of their regular conditioner as a leave in. Maybe you could dilute your conditioner with water in a spray bottle. lots of ppl also make their own little leave in concoction(sp?) with a little of this and little of that(oils,etc). Some moisturizers are also considered a leave in, like elasta qp recovery. its cheap too and multipurpose!

Whats your regular conditioner and moisturizer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember u mentioning the Elasta QP Recovery to me. The only conditioner I have is Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I dont have a deep conditioner but I use Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum as a protein treatment. Right now I use Pantene R&N Moisturizer. Now, Im going to start using S-Curl so I dont have to moisturize my hair as often (Im doing the bun challenge). I will start using Pantene R&N sparingly on my hair when its dry and if I choose to wear it down.

Lindy

I really think that if you use a good moisturizing conditioner, you don't really NEED to use a leave-in... I think I just use leave-in's out of habit, and also because I'm such an out of control product junkie, that I have tons of it that I have to use up!!

Even so, if and when I ever do use up all the ones I already have, I will still continue to buy more, cuz I just feel that they give my hair extra conditioning and extra protection from dryness, the sun, & breakage.
Also, some of them contain protein, which can help to keep your strands strong until your next wash.

Leslie_C

Pooh,
Im just wondering if it wont make your hair tangle more without a leave in too....because most leave ins provide moisture and if one of your goals is increased moisture, I leave in could me more important than a moisturizer. I know Ive seen some ppl here that only use their conditioner and a leave in for moisture, and seal it with a little oil, and they are good to go till next wash, applying only a little oil every 2 days or so, depending on when they wash.

My hair is a tangled mess unless I use one to give it some slip so I can comb it. I recently found out Pantene Detangle is also a GREAT addition! This is one of the few products Ive tried that gave me immediate gratification! Right away, I was like WOW, I can actually pull the come through my hair with ease! and it makes my hair soft too!

elite_chiq

I have to use a leave in or else my hair gets @crisp@ dry. I use motions cpr cream and isopulus mink oil spray

Poohbear

Yeah, Ive never had a problem with hair tangling until now since I have a lotta new growth from extending my relaxer. My last relaxer was June 13 but it came out underprocessed so I have 3 months of new growth now! So I guess I'll keep using a leave-in since my hair is relaxed & color-treated too.

Lindy

Ooops, Duh!!
How could I forget to mention the most important reason to use a leave-in of them all???!! Ease in detangling!!!
I actually don't know if I'd be able to detangle w/o a leave-in (or at least a serum...) without losing gobs of hair!!

Isis

I didn't know anything about leave-ins before the hair boards last year. Now I know it adds a lot more moisture, extra UV protection, strength and excellent detangling. It may not be a need but I really experience a very positive difference using it.

Karonica

Yep, I never used them....or conditioner at all.

Healthy near bra-strap hair back then too.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Yep, I never used them....or conditioner at all.

Healthy near bra-strap hair back then too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with your hair now???

Lovelylocs

If I stopped using it, it would all break off and I would have to start from scratch.

adrienne0914

poohbear, in reading your original post in this thread, it kind of struck me that YOU yourself stated the benefit of a leave-in to your hair... <font color="red">"My hair has felt softer and stronger from using this product..." </font> well, what more could a girl ask for? i would definitely say to keep using one if that's how your hair responds.

i'm another big fan of Elasta QP Recovery. i bought it when i bought their Mango Butter. fortunately or unfortunately, i tried this one first and haven't looked back. i STILL haven't used the Mango Butter yet, and i've had it over a year.
my hair does so much better with it. i've even gotten to the point where i'll use it when i wear my hair straight. and that's something i never do—add a cream based product to my straight hair.

anyway, i'd say to keep using one. even if you don't want to invest, maybe you could do like someone else said and use a little of your moisturizing conditioner for this purpose.

Poohbear

I dont have a moisturizing conditioner...
I know some of you are like "Go out and get one" but Im on a very very tight budget because Im a college student and have my own apartment and bills to pay (and Bush is taking all my money with taxes from my paycheck!
)
The only conditioner I have is Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. Since I saw this was ok to use as a leave-in, I will start using this as a leave-in after I run out of my Motions.

Leslie_C

Poohbear, u are SO GOOD for not buying a million products like me. The fact I have rent,car insurance, etc. isnt enough to stop me. When Im bored I go to the BSS...lol. Im like a drug feen in need of a fix....lol...Im sick....

On another note, not encouraging PJism, but suave conditioners are on sale at either eckards or cvs for .69! many of their conditioners would be considered moisturizing, or u could add some honey and/or EVOO for more moisture! Im sure your mom has some olive oil around the house!

adrienne0914

the Suave is a moisturizing conditioner, poohbear. it should work just fine!

Poohbear

@ Leslie_C...thats why I got Suave because its cheap!
Here in Kentucky, they are 99 cents and have been on sale before for 79 or 89 cents!

@ Adrienne0914...I thought when u said moisturizing conditioner, I was thinking of a deep conditioner or something stronger than Suave. Im glad Suave will be just fine!

PrettyBrownEyes

I tend to only use leave-ins when I air dry. If I do a roller set or blowdry I use different products that aren't necessarily called leave-ins although you don't rinse them out.

MizAvalon

I don't use a leave-in, I just don't rinse my conditioner all the way out. This works fine for me.

HollyGolightly

I use Infusium, and my hair thanks me for it
It helps me detangle, and my hair feels a lot stronger. I usta use the Motions leave in, but it doesn't really do much for my hair.

DigitalRain

I always use a leave in. Right now I like Deep Brilliance Manage.