Is there anyone that DOES NOT use hardcore protein treatments?

caribeandiva

Human being
i use dudley's DRC 28 every 6 weeks. it's the heaviest protein treatment out there. so do your research and follow the instuctions to a T. p.s. it's expensive as hell so be prepared to splurge.

secretdiamond

Nexxus Emergencee has literally SAVED my hair recently with my last relaxer disaster. I tried to play myself and not use it and only keraphix, but I wised up and the second I used it, my hair started returning to normal. I LOVE IT :kiss: and will forever be indebted to it. :yep:

I don't use it on a schedule at all, but in times of hair emergency I need my Emergencee.:D

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
My hair needs the mild ones like Aubrey GPB every other week. My hair is prone to breakage cause it so coily and this helps a lot to prevent it.

plove

I will not be much help.
I don't use protein.
I don't use much of anything.

I do drink lots of water that's it for me.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I don't do protein treatments at all... don't see the need to do them, for my hair at least...

inthepink

I do not do hardcore protein treatments like Aphogee but I do have a protein treatment from Elucence that I plan to use every other week.

Jewell

I don't use hardcore protein. I like Motions Silk Protein and Nexxus Keraphix. However, since I had my hair highlighted/lightened last month I haven't needed any protein...just moisture, moisture, moisture!! I am deathly afraid of hardcore protein because even Mane N Tail can over power my hair.

Candy_C

Jewell said:
I don't use hardcore protein. I like Motions Silk Protein and Nexxus Keraphix. However, since I had my hair highlighted/lightened last month I haven't needed any protein...just moisture, moisture, moisture!! I am deathly afraid of hardcore protein because even Mane N Tail can over power my hair.

yes me and MNT have had many fights about how it seems to take advantage of my strands :mad:

klassykutie

I was using ion and aphogee, but late last year I had CLUMPS of hair coming from my head in different spots so I stopped using both. I think since I take protein internally I really don't need it on the outside. I simply use a leave in in addition to my normal deep conditioning. I have seen better results doing that alone.

Super_Hero_Girl

I only used proten treatments when my hair was color treated. Now, that I am completely natural (no chemicals at all), protein treatments are unneccesary for my hair.

gymfreak336

You know, my hair has actually become easier once I stopped doing hardcore treatments. I have duo-tex on hand just in case but I just use a mild one every other week and life is really good right now.

HoneyDew

I have been using Mane N Tail Original Conditioner and that has been fien for me.

I was started to get overmoisturized quite often, but since I have been faithfully using Mane N Tail, for rinse out AND deep conditioning, I can tell that alone it is fortifying enough for me. I have not done hardcore protein in a LONG time.

Str8~Curly

I hardly ever did when I relaxed, and my hair was in good shape.

Even though I am all natural now, I still use profective mega growth, as I did when I relaxed, for a little protein hit from time to time.
HTH.

Last edited:
I've noticed that since I've switched from no-lye to lye relaxer, I don't need the heavy duty protein like I used to. I have Dudley DRC on hand that I would use about 1-2 weeks after my touch-up (stretch 8-9 weeks), but the last two times I used it, I had dry hair from protein overload. This is my first relaxer cylce trying to go without it - just KerapHix or ORS Mayo every other week. Been going okay so far.

glamazon386

I don't. I tried Aphogee once when I was relaxed and I was digusted. And I didn't see the difference it made in my hair anyway. I ended up chopping that next month.

Just one thing I wanted to comment on - it's important that Aphogee Treatment is used correctly and carefully. It IS going to get hard and you WILL need a good moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards. A lot of people don't realize that when they consider using it. When used properly, it works well for it's intended purpose - just not too often for healthy hair.

Just wanted to mention that. No offense to anyone. :)

HoneyDew

CarmelTreat said:
Just one thing I wanted to comment on - it's important that Aphogee Treatment is used correctly and carefully. It IS going to get hard and you WILL need a good moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards. A lot of people don't realize that when they consider using it. When used properly, it works well for it's intended purpose - just not too often for healthy hair.

Just wanted to mention that. No offense to anyone. :)

Also, I think it only needs to be used as needed.

I went to the salon once and she used the Aphogee treatment on me. She was offering these treatments to everyone just for the extra $$. She was pocketing it and not letting the salon know.

Anyway, even after her treatment and moisturizing my hair felt dry and rough. I could have done better myself.

Now I know better. I really did not need a hardcore treatment like that but she did not care about that.

DivaRox

I've had the aphoghee treatment but never liked the way my hair felt-I went the ole egg, acv and yogurt route mixed with LeKair cholesterol and it seems to do a great job-plus no worries about chemicals.