Is this a protective style?

HeChangedMyName

So, I'm in the LHCF 2009 bootcamp and I am soooooooo not good with protective styling. My hair is relaxed but is really thick and juicy right now(I heart my Cantu Leave in)I just did this one this morning after coming out of a braidout since last Thursday. Is this considered protective. is it even cute? I've seen similar styles on other people and it looks good. I don't really like this but I am one iota away from grabbing my flat iron, so this will have to do for at least today. I may get some hair to add to it to give it a more defined and dramatic look and some length. What do you think?
I didn't really fuss with smoothing it because I was just playing around so next time I'll do better.

I am loving the thickness. Finally, my relaxed hair isn't all po' and straggly, however, at that section where you can see the part, there is severe breakage. I have always had a problem with that area due to the drastic texture difference so this year I plan to baby that area(hence the part to relieve any pulling and stress). In the front, I would love to have it over top of my ear and sweeping over my big forehead some more.

I just like the flow and shine in the back. Hopefully as my hair gets more length I could loosen the style up and have the braid in the back sort of hanging---to cover up my hairy nape, cuz I love my hair back there and refuse to shave it.

Not sure if I finished it correctly

Nonie

Yes, it is. :yep: And it's very pretty.

So do y'all think I should add some hair to it to protect the ends?
I don't think adding hair really protects the ends. If you really want to protect the ends, you could form a bun by wrapping it around itself and tucking the ends under.

I used to do a similar style with extension braids but would do two cornrows on either side of my head and cross over the ends at the back and tuck them under:

Here's a variation only with four cornrows. After the two top ones are joined by a braid, I included it in the braid that joins the bottom two cornrows and then rolled it and tucked it under: