Is This Considered "Light Protein"

CheerHHS

Is This Considered \"Light Protein\"

I've always heard that Aphogee is an EXTREME protein treatment with a harsh smell and that it hardens on your hair. However I have a bottle of Aphogee that reads: Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor. This smell is actually sort of pleasant. Is this the extreme one or is it mild? And how often can I used this w/o causing damage? weekly? every two weeks? monthly?
Thanks!

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Re: Is This Considered \"Light Protein\"

This is not the extreme one. I think you still need a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. How often? That all depends: What's the condition of your hair?

Edited to add: Unless they say otherwise: A reconstructor is usually designed to repair protein damage caused by chemical services or heat styling. Use weekly to restore damaged hair or once a month to maintain healthy hair.

KinksnCurlz

This is the lite version.
You should be able to use it once per week.

ETA: always follow any protein treatment (lite or otherwise) with a moisturizing conditioner.

CheerHHS

My hair is in "ok" condition. I have been heat free for the last 2 and half months and I've been bunning it for that time as well. But it seems that not matter what I try I have always have breakage. Sometimes it's a bit extreme.
Thanks for the responses!