• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Is This Considered "Light Protein"

CheerHHS

Is This Considered \"Light Protein\"

I've always heard that Aphogee is an EXTREME protein treatment with a harsh smell and that it hardens on your hair. However I have a bottle of Aphogee that reads: Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor. This smell is actually sort of pleasant. Is this the extreme one or is it mild? And how often can I used this w/o causing damage? weekly? every two weeks? monthly?
Thanks!

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Re: Is This Considered \"Light Protein\"

This is not the extreme one. I think you still need a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. How often? That all depends: What's the condition of your hair?

Edited to add: Unless they say otherwise: A reconstructor is usually designed to repair protein damage caused by chemical services or heat styling. Use weekly to restore damaged hair or once a month to maintain healthy hair.

KinksnCurlz

This is the lite version.
You should be able to use it once per week.

ETA: always follow any protein treatment (lite or otherwise) with a moisturizing conditioner.

CheerHHS

My hair is in "ok" condition. I have been heat free for the last 2 and half months and I've been bunning it for that time as well. But it seems that not matter what I try I have always have breakage. Sometimes it's a bit extreme.
Thanks for the responses!