Is this hair dying hurting my hair??

ManeVixen

Hey ladies I decided to try out a new stylist this past summer and I got a jet black short bob with shaved sides....she was killer with heat:wallbash: I had to tell her to stop blow drying my hair....so I stopped going....now my once shaved side burns are pass my ear....and the bob is growing out...but my hair is wavy my beloved curls are gone :perplexed

Sooooo my question is besides the heat do you think the dye contributed to me losing my curl pattern? I love my hair being jet black and want to keep dying it I use
Wella demi permanent dye and I really like it but im not sure if its part of the problem. Does anyone use this?

Now my plan was to get a weave and grow my hair back but Im afraid that my leave out will still be straighter. I transition with a sew in and the front of my hair was straighter but I also didnt know about the importance of heat protectant and the best products for my hair.

Sorry so long:look:
1. Is the Wella hair dye contributing to me loosing my curl pattern or is it just the heat?

2. Can I grow my hair back using a (straight) weave but making sure my leave matches the rest of my texture

Thanks!:yep:

pink gator

[/QUOTE]

1. Is the Wella hair dye contributing to me loosing my curl pattern or is it just the heat?

2. Can I grow my hair back using a (straight) weave but making sure my leave matches the rest of my texture

Thanks!:yep:
[/QUOTE]

I can answer most of your questions: That Color Charm is really gentle and since it's a demi, it's not damaging or texture altering. Did you use the proper activator? I used to use it; it was recommended by an Aveda student for at-home refreshing.

You can definitely grow back your hair with a straight sew-in. And yes, you can leave your hair out if it matches the weave hair. Just be sure to take care of your leave out hair. I wore weaves for 9 months only to have broken-off (leave-out) hair with healthy NG because I was so slack.

I'm not sure how to regain your curly pattern, though. Good luck!

NikStarrr

I doubt it was the color that damaged your hair. More than likely it was the heat. And yep, you can grow out your hair with a sew-in.