Is this indigo/henna safe for hair?

I am trying to find indigo and found this website selling it for a reasonable price--Henna Black Powder: Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria; Qing Dai) 1 lb. However, I am unsure if it is safe to use for dying my hair. I emailed the company and only recieved a generic response "Yes, all henna is safe for hair - but raw henna herb takes considerable expertise to use correctly - please read the online description."

Could someone with more expertise please verify that this indigo would be safe to use? http://www.shamanshop.net/store/pro...0/CategoryID/15500.0/SubCatID/3665.0/file.htm

Thanks!

Last edited:

BreZn

I can't say if this indigo is safe or not :ohwell: and the response from the company reps:perplexed. Let me give you a link to another henna site I know and trust and one of the most popular. Great prices and some of the finest products! www.hennaforhair.com plus detail henna info and more. HTH

Last edited:

JLove74

I am trying to find indigo and found this website selling it for a reasonable price--Henna Black Powder: Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria; Qing Dai) 1 lb. However, I am unsure if it is safe to use for dying my hair. I emailed the company and only recieved a generic response "Yes, all henna is safe for hair - but raw henna herb takes considerable expertise to use correctly - please read the online description."

Could someone with more expertise please verify that this indigo would be safe to use? http://www.shamanshop.net/store/pro...0/CategoryID/15500.0/SubCatID/3665.0/file.htm

Thanks!

I'm going to say NO. Go with hennaforhair.com to be 100% sure that you're getting the real thing.

BreZn

I am going to order indigo from the shaman site. Will let you know how the whole thing goes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi MM, I will mos def be waiting on a report back from you.Girl... I just want my hennindigo to be right!!!

BreZn

I'm going to say NO. Go with hennaforhair.com to be 100% sure that you're getting the real thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JLove,I'd never heard of that site before from any member here or on Fotki! N E ways...Med Munky's on it! BTW, I <3 those shoes!!

Aggie

I ordered mine 3 days ago from www.fromnaturewithlove.com and www.mehndiskinart.com. I think that hennaforhair.com is a little heavy on my pocket book right now. Both their products do not contain PPD or harsh chemicals and are all-natural. Their wholesale prices are really low and that's how I purchased all of my ayurveda products. So far so good.