Is this it for 'X' (the app formerly known as Twitter)?

King of Sorrow

Those employees better ask for more money or benefits. Shoot. I wouldn’t even come back, you’re probably going to lay me off again. I’ll take the unemployment for $500 Alex.

:nono:

I wonder if they had to come back. I thought the wording on that layoff email was they were would be kept on as employees until like February but had their access revoked. Would refusing to come back and work have amounted to quitting and made them lose out on the severance pay?

Would there be a pause of his 60 day deadline while he fights them in court?

Black Ambrosia

:nono:

I wonder if they had to come back. I thought the wording on that layoff email was they were would be kept on as employees until like February but had their access revoked. Would refusing to come back and work have amounted to quitting and made them lose out on the severance pay?

Would there be a pause of his 60 day deadline while he fights them in court?
He made it unnecessarily confusing. He thrives on chaos and everyone around him is expected to just deal with it. Even the people who quit can't make a clean break.

Black Ambrosia

It wouldn’t have been a good purchase away. Your car breaks down or gets into an accident, you would be out of a vehicle for months.
Saw this story online and immediately thought of this post.

GM Is Fixing Busted Teslas Now

Alissa Walker
Nov. 22, 2022

GM service centers have repaired about 11,180 Teslas since 2021, GM president Mark Reuss announced to gasps at the automaker’s annual investor meeting last week. “That’s a growing business for us,” Reuss told shareholders with a laugh. “Those customers brought their vehicles to us for service, because they know we have the expertise to fix them.” The revelation came as the latest knock to Tesla’s service model — exposing the not-so-proprietary nature of Tesla’s supposedly proprietary electric-vehicle technology.

Owning a Tesla can mean enduring long waits and sometimes traveling long distances to book appointments at one of the company’s 140 North American service centers. (Tesla infamously does not have dealerships, where many car owners have gotten used to going to get their vehicles repaired.) In contrast, Reuss claims that GM has service centers within 10 miles of 90 percent of all U.S. residents.

The convenience of a local dealership plus GM’s experience repairing its own EV fleet is apparently luring some Tesla owners. And there are a lot of busted Teslas out there. About a quarter of all Teslas sold have been recalled. Just in the past week, Tesla recalled 320,000 vehicles because the rear light failed to illuminate and another 30,000 because passenger airbags wouldn’t deploy correctly. Many of the mandated fixes involve straightforward software updates, which Elon Musk claims unfairly inflates the recall numbers, but Tesla owners sometimes need help just unlocking their doors.

Which is maybe the other reason Reuss seems pleased to be fixing the cars at GM dealerships: Tesla owners might peruse GM’s EV offerings while they’re waiting for a fix on their Model X.

PatDM'T

Saw this story online and immediately thought of this post.

GM Is Fixing Busted Teslas Now

Alissa Walker
Nov. 22, 2022

GM service centers have repaired about 11,180 Teslas since 2021, GM president Mark Reuss announced to gasps at the automaker’s annual investor meeting last week. “That’s a growing business for us,” Reuss told shareholders with a laugh. “Those customers brought their vehicles to us for service, because they know we have the expertise to fix them.” The revelation came as the latest knock to Tesla’s service model — exposing the not-so-proprietary nature of Tesla’s supposedly proprietary electric-vehicle technology.

Owning a Tesla can mean enduring long waits and sometimes traveling long distances to book appointments at one of the company’s 140 North American service centers. (Tesla infamously does not have dealerships, where many car owners have gotten used to going to get their vehicles repaired.) In contrast, Reuss claims that GM has service centers within 10 miles of 90 percent of all U.S. residents.

The convenience of a local dealership plus GM’s experience repairing its own EV fleet is apparently luring some Tesla owners. And there are a lot of busted Teslas out there. About a quarter of all Teslas sold have been recalled. Just in the past week, Tesla recalled 320,000 vehicles because the rear light failed to illuminate and another 30,000 because passenger airbags wouldn’t deploy correctly. Many of the mandated fixes involve straightforward software updates, which Elon Musk claims unfairly inflates the recall numbers, but Tesla owners sometimes need help just unlocking their doors.

Which is maybe the other reason Reuss seems pleased to be fixing the cars at GM dealerships: Tesla owners might peruse GM’s EV offerings while they’re waiting for a fix on their Model X.
IMG_20221128_114657.gif
Same excitement I
used to have
when new proof
that everything Trump
touches turns to
dust came to light
because it gave
me hope that
more people will
stop falling for
the illusion.

Elon is just
a Trump echo.

awhyley

It appears that the 'misunderstanding' with Apple is resolved?

Elon Musk ‘resolves’ Apple row over ‘removal of Twitter from iPhone store’
After chat with Tim Cook the tycoon admits misunderstanding and Apple had ‘never considered removing platform’

Elon Musk has said he has “resolved” a misunderstanding with Apple over his claim that Twitter was being threatened with removal from the iPhone maker’s app store.

The new Twitter owner tweeted on Wednesday that he had had a “good conversation” with Apple CEO Tim Cook and that Apple had “never considered” removing the social media platform from its app store. On Monday, Musk used his Twitter account to claim that Apple had broached removing Twitter for unspecified reasons. The Tesla CEO then indicated it was related to moderation standards at Twitter, while he launched a series of tweets criticising Apple including its policy of taking a cut of up to 30% from app sales.

Musk’s Monday tweet flurry included a message tagging Tim Cook in which he asked “what’s going on here”. A meeting between Musk and Cook appears to have followed the outburst. A few hours before sending the “misunderstanding” tweet on Wednesday, Musk posted a short clip of a pond which he said was at Apple’s HQ, thanking Tim Cook for “taking me around”.

Musk’s original claim that Apple was threatening to remove Twitter from its app store indicated a deepening of the platform’s financial problems. The Tesla CEO has already admitted that Twitter has suffered a “massive drop in revenue” due to advertisers pausing their spending on the platform, reflecting concerns of a surge of inappropriate content on the platform after Musk’s takeover.

However, being sanctioned by one of Twitter’s key app distributors – alongside Google’s Play store – would cut off the platform from potential customers. Last month, Twitter’s former head of trust and safety, Yoel Roth, described such a scenario as “catastrophic”. Apple’s app store guidelines state that the company will not accept apps that produce content or behaviour that “we believe is over the line”. Musk recently posted an internal presentation that showed Twitter’s daily user numbers climbing above 250m, compared with just under 238m in the summer.

Musk, a self-described “free speech absolutist”, has reinstated Donald Trump’s Twitter account and declared an amnesty for permanently suspended accounts. It also emerged this week that Twitter will no longer enforce its policy against Covid-19 misinformation.
Musk received a shot across the bows from the European Union over content moderation on Wednesday when the European Commission, the EU’s executive arm, warned Twitter must “significantly increase” efforts to comply with new online legislation covering issues including hate speech and disinformation.

The intervention over the Digital Services Act (DSA) by Thierry Breton, the EU’s commissioner for the internal market, signalled Twitter was at risk of a substantial fine or even a ban, which are among the punishments for breaches of the act. However, Breton said a video call with Musk about the DSA was “constructive” and that the Tesla CEO had “committed to comply” with the act.

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...row-over-removal-of-twitter-from-iphone-store

awhyley

Kanye's suspended (again)
- Kanye West was suspended from Twitter after he tweeted an image of a swastika inside the Star of David.

PatDM'T

Does this man
not have anything
else to do so
has to take over
from where Trump
left off and
stir the pot?

If anyone bothers
reading please give
us cliff notes.

I am going
to find something
to watch.

The MAGA crowd
sucks the smarts
out of you the
way Dementors suck
the joy out of you.

Last edited:

Black Ambrosia

Janitors' union called a strike outside Twitter, so Elon Musk canceled its contract and fired the janitors​

Carlos Garcia
December 06, 2022

Janitors hired to clean at Twitter headquarters in San Francisco, California, protested after 20 employees were fired, so the social media company bought by Elon Musk fired the rest of them.

Critics of Musk are outraged that he would fire the workers just weeks before Christmas.

“Our cleaning contractor at Twitter was told by Twitter that they are cutting the contract,” said Olga Miranda, union president for the janitors. “So we have about 48 families out of work. And it just so happens that it's three weeks before Christmas.”

A representative from SEIU Local 87 told the New Republic that 20 janitors were told on Friday that they were fired with no notice and that they were fighting for wages, "benefits and job protections."

By Monday, the union organized a strike with the rest of the janitors against the firings, saying the company was violating local cleaning regulations. They also said they were locked out of the building.

On Tuesday, Twitter cancelled the contract with the janitors, leading his critics to claim that he was in violation of local laws.

The unemployed janitors are protesting in front of Twitter headquarters while holding signs that read “proud to be union” and “justice for janitors."

The California Labor Federation, which represents 1,200 California unions, decried the action in a statement on its Twitter account.

“Twitter doesn’t seem to understand how important it is to keep a clean house and respect the people who take out the trash,” it said.

Other employees fired from Twitter said they were filing lawsuits against Elon Musk after he insensitively fired them and caused so much pain and anguish.

"The way Elon Musk executed the layoffs was really inhumane," said former employee Amir Shevat. "At a certain point I was told that as a manager that I might felt fired if I just gathered my team just to answer questions."

"He chose to fire so many of us during a difficult time period in the tech industry," said Adrian Trejo Nunez, another former employee.

They are suing for severance packages that were promised before Musk's acquisition of Twitter but which were not delivered to the fired employees.

Here's more about the janitors' protests at Twitter:​

Last edited:

PatDM'T

The more I
look at Elon,
the more I
think he is
other worldly.

And then he
does stuff that
is so void of
empathy or concern