Is this moisture or protein...?

moriahar

Ultra Black Hair DBH Deep Conditioner is it protein or moisture?

Ingredients: ALOE VERA CONCENTRATE, DEIONIZED WATER, PEPERMINT OIL, ROYAL BEE jelly, menthol, stearic acid, stearalkonium chloride, jojoba oil, safflower oil, coconut oil, olive oil, lecithin, extracts of (papaya, fennel, kiwi), tocopherol, wheat germ oil, ascorbic acid, silica, fragrance, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, fd&c yellow #5.

La Colocha

By the look of the ingredient list i would say moisture, maybe someone who uses it can chime in and let you know for sure.

Ronnieaj

I've always wondered about this product. I know that Cathy Howse says it's a protein based deep conditioner, based on the aloe vera gel.

dachsies_rule!

IDK if it's moisture or protein, but i can tell you that conditioner is some of the nastiest $h!t i have ever used. :nono: It was chalky and gross and a waste of my hard-earned money. I can't believe she's still pimpin' that mess!:angry2: She needs to stick to writing books.

Urban

Yeh, Cathy says it's a 'protein' conditioner. I've ask people where the protein is and apparently its the aloe vera ... I really don't know about that ...

knt1229

I always thought aloe vera was a moisturizer. The other ingredients are moisturizing as well. So I would call this a moisturizing DC.

Lola28

I've used and still use it from time to time. It acts like a medium protein on my hair. I'm a 3b/c.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
neither. it is a deep conditioner. imo, i wouldn't count it as either.

But arent there moisture DC and protein DC?

I have read different threads where people put Aloe Vera in their moisturizing spritz and then others in the same post will chime in and say be careful cause if you are protein sensitive the Aloe is protein.

So I stay away from it cause I have heard 2 different stories.

Last edited:

vkb247

^^^^Your right but besides the water and stearalkonium chloride which I often see in conditioner and perhaps the stearic acid, there are mainly just oils which aren't moisture or protein. Aloe vera has some protein I think but aloe is like 98% water so I am a little suspicious of this especially as the first ingredient.

If I had to use this product I would probably pre poo with it.