Is This New?

lalla

I saw this on cult beauty today .
A £45 silk hair wrap.

SILKE London: tell us more.

The SILKE brand is about empowering women with products and advice that allow them to realise the potential of their own hair.

We believe that the beauty of hair is in its health. It doesn’t matter how much you steam, style, spritz and spray, there is no beating having naturally strong, shiny and voluminous hair. That’s why the foundation of our products is to improve the architecture of your hair so it looks amazing regardless of how you choose to style it.

I want to design products that give women the chance each morning to feel that confidence and give that full-bodied bouncy hair flick I see each time they step out of my salon chair. That’s the inspiration behind our SILKE Hair Wrap.

Who is it for?

The SILKE Hair Wrap is for all women of every age and style. Whether it be a busy working mum who just wants to spend less time styling her hair, or someone who loves experimenting but hates the toll it takes. A young girl who battles with frizz each morning before school or a woman looking to reduce the signs of ageing by keeping her hair looking shiny and thick! We’ve seen the product deliver transformative results and benefits to women of every walk of life and heritage across generations, and we’ve got the testimonials to prove it.

How does it work and what is the process?

The SILKE Hair Wrap is made of 100% pure silk which worn nightly protects your hair from damage causing friction as you sleep. Hair cuticles glide flat against the soft silk material, preventing the abrasive movements that cause frizz, breakages and split ends.

The body is a powerful machine that produces everything we need for strong, shiny and voluminous hair, that’s why the SILKE Hair Wrap has been carefully crafted to cocoon your scalps precious natural forming oils so that they can be spread evenly from root to tip. Acting as a conditioning treatment whilst you sleep.

This redistribution of your natural oils means you have to wash your hair a lot less as the oils are no longer concentrated at the roots and so hair looks less greasy!

Your style is preserved overnight which means far less need for restyling, reducing the use of damaging heated hair appliances and saving you time in the morning.

Hair is encased, protecting it in the Anagen (growing) phase, providing new hair trying to establish themselves with the best environment to be able to grow fully, increasing your hair thickness and length.

For those with hair extensions, not only will it relieve stress on your hair and reduce damage at the roots but it will also stop your extensions becoming tangled or matted and keep them looking better for longer. Which is great because extensions can be expensive.

How quickly do you see results?

We’ve had clients see results on day 1 and others after a couple of weeks. It can vary between hair types.

We like to allow most our clients a couple of weeks to see their transformation whilst the SILKE Hair Wrap works to distribute hair oils evenly from root to tip to get the hair re-hydrated, supple and bouncy, in order to give it the buoyancy it needs to get rid of bad hair days, permanently.

We encourage our clients to take before and after photos of both their hair straight out of bed in the morning and once its styled on the days before using the SILKE Hair Wrap then on day 1, day 14 and day 28 after use, so they can see just how much it changes. The proof is in the #SILKEselfie.

How and when do you wear yours?

I cannot go to bed without it. The thought of feeling my hair crunch and scrape under my head against my pillow, no way! I can’t even lay on the sofa without putting it on to keep me protected.

I wear it whilst I do my cooking and cleaning to keep my hair feeling fresh and frizz free, and I love using it to keep my hair away from my face as I do my makeup to avoid those annoying kinks from clips and bands.

I wear it on the beach to protect my hair and colour from sun damage and cut down all the time I would usually spend on holiday restyling!

But my top trick has got to be wearing it under my wooly hat when I’m travelling to meetings or events and the weather is rainy or muggy. That way I stay frizz-free between home and my destination.

When and how did that ‘AHA!’ moment come to you? What was the first step you took?

At this point I had already tried everything. As a hairstylist of over 32 years I had access to every product, treatment and fad and yet nothing helped my hair to grow, hold its style or prevent breakage.

I remember looking down at my pillow and for the first time really noticing the number of stray hairs and tiny pieces of split ends that had been chipped off during the night. And that’s when it hit me, the damage was happening when I was most unaware – in my sleep! I’d been searching for a solution in the wrong place this whole time.

I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it sooner. On average we spend a third of our lives in bed, so there’s no other material that our hair will come in more contact with than what we sleep on. The breakages, dehydration, split ends and bed head all started to make sense.

From that moment onwards I was determined to find a way to stop this damage causing friction. That first night I went to sleep with a pair of tights on my head… of course that didn’t work, but I knew I was on my way.

I slept in every type of cap, wrap and material you can think of stripping back and looking to my heritage for more traditional hair care methods. My research quickly led me to silk, already well known for its benefits to skin and containing the amino acids already present in hair it was obvious best choice. But getting the right silk, fit, elasticity and shape was a long process.

How many prototypes were there along the way?

Well, it’s been three years of designing and testing to get to the SILKE Hair Wrap we are so proud of today. Our designer has worked with some of the biggest fashion houses out there and has played a critical role in helping us develop a wrap that our clients love to wear. All in all I’d say we have produced at least 25 prototypes, maybe even 30!

This is something I’m passionate about, seeing how it has so dramatically changed not only my own but my clientele’s hair, it’s something I want to be able to share with all women so I wanted it to be just right.

How does the SILKE Hair Wrap differ from other wraps and/or treatments?

What makes it so different to other treatments is that it respects you and your hair. There’s no need for artificial substitutes formulated with chemicals and parabens, instead the SILKE Hair Wrap works with nature to make your hair the best it can be.

Unlike other treatments the SILKE Hair Wrap delivers long-term, truly transformative results. Some of my clients like to call it the “magic wrap” because they can’t believe the changes its made to their hair and hair care routine. It does everything you would expect at least five different products to do; it protects, repairs, conditions, eliminates frizz and preserves your style – all while you sleep.

Can you still use hair straighteners and get the benefits of SILKE?

Of course. The only way to not get the benefits of the SILKE Hair Wrap is by not using it.

We are currently locked into something I like to call ‘The Decade of the Damaging Hair Cycle’. Women are encouraged to use electric hair stylers which cause extreme damage to the hair. Once the damage takes place, the hair requires more styling and more money to be spent on conditioning treatments to try and achieve your desired style, all in a never ending perpetual cycle.

The SILKE Hair Wrap helps to maintain your style for longer, immediately reducing the amount of time you’ll need to use your straighteners.

Hair is protected from damaging friction that would otherwise be detrimental to straightened vulnerable hair, and natural oils are spread evenly along the hair shaft to keep your hair naturally conditioned.

We never tell anyone to stop styling their hair, what we say is – style you hair, feel fabulous but use your SILKE Hair Wrap and very soon you wont be needing to reach for the straighteners.

Can hair damage (through styling) be fully repaired/ re-conditioned using SILKE?

Yes. Wearing the SILKE Hair wrap nightly cocoons your hair to provide it with the best possible conditions to allow it to repair and recondition undisturbed by damage causing friction that causes breakages and split ends.

In your opinion, how often should hair be washed/ styled?

With the use of the SILKE Hair Wrap, our aim is that women realise they only need to wash and style their hair once a week. I already do, my clients already do, so why not everyone else?

If we were to strip back on using hair product and simply use shampoo and conditioner – what would you recommend?

If you tend to have a sensitive scalp or suffer from dandruff, we recommend opting for a good tea tree oil shampoo. If you dye your hair, then we advise sulphate-free products to help maintain your colour’s vibrancy for longer. Otherwise always ask the hair stylist at your salon, they should be able to provide you with expert advice personal to your hair type.

How important do you think recommendation is in the hair and beauty industry?

Recommendation is paramount. I built my whole career on recommendation. I haven’t advertised once throughout my entire 32-year career. My goal has always been to give my clients the type of hair that has them being stopped and asked “Your hair looks great, where did you get it done?” and as someone who has worked many, many 16-hour day shifts, it’s definitely a motto that has served me (and my clients) well.

SILKE London launches onlin

LushLox

The concept certainly isn't new I've seen loads of similar styles.

Not sure that I'd want to drop £45 on a hair turban to be honest. :look: My 100% silk scarf works beautifully.

The only advantage this turban would have over a scarf is that you don't need to knot it and ladies who have trouble keeping their scarves on may have better success with this.