• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Is This Too Much Manipulation/ Too Many Products???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
*Shampoo once a week with Elasta Qp Creme Conditioning Shampoo

*Condition once a week with LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed w/ Mega Care jojoba oil

*Massage scalp with Frenchee Super Gro every other day

*Moisturize hair daily with Motions CPR Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion OR my leave-in concoction: Suave Humectant, Motions Nourish, S-Curl, Elasta QP Penetrating Moisturizer, Surge Plus 14, & oil mixture

*Apply Citre Shine Gel ocassionally for shine and frizzies

*Clarify with Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo every 4 weeks

~~~

Btw, I'm trying to grow my natural hair out from my TWA and I don't want anything hindering hair growth nor breaking off retained length. My hair type is 4a/b, very tightly coiled, with fine strands. If my regime is too much, what products should I cut out and what should I do differently???

Thanks in advance!!!
 
Last edited:

PhonyBaloney500

Well-Known Member
Hmm does that shampoo that you use weekly have sulfates (sodium laureth, amonium laureth/lauryl, etc.)? What is in that frenchie super gro stuff? Does it have mineral oil and petrolatum (allegedly clogs the hair follicles or something)?

And would you consider conditioner washing more often? (This is just stuff I've learned from the boards). :)
 

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
PhonyBaloney500 said:
Hmm does that shampoo that you use weekly have sulfates (sodium laureth, amonium laureth/lauryl, etc.)? What is in that frenchie super gro stuff? Does it have mineral oil and petrolatum (allegedly clogs the hair follicles or something)?

And would you consider conditioner washing more often? (This is just stuff I've learned from the boards). :)
Ingredients of my shampoo: Water, Cocamphocarboxypropionate, Lauramide DEA, Po'vquaternium-10, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Red No.40, FD&C Blue No.1

Frenchee Super Gro is a scalp/temple ointment, hair conditioner/hair dress. It aids in hair growth. The ingredients are not listed on the container.

I don't believe the stuff about mineral oil and petrolatum clogging pores. I've used grease and products that contained those forbidden ingredients in the past and it helped grow/retain length of my relaxed hair. ;)

I've consider conditioner washing, but I feel like co-washing is for those who wash their hair daily and do not use any products.

Thank you for your response. :kiss:
 

sillygurl18

New Member
Do you apply the gel on wet or dry hair? It seems like it wouldn't work on dry hair but I haven't used it before so I wouldn't know. If you use it on wet hair you'd only be using it once a week right?

Since you are trying to manipulate it a little as possible, I would use the spray leave in because you wouldn't even have to rub it in like you would the hair lotion.

Also does you hair react badly to surge when you don't rinse your hair everyday? If so I would leave that out if I wasn't going to rinse daily.

You routine doesn't look bad at all ;)
 

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
1. Do you apply the gel on wet or dry hair? It seems like it wouldn't work on dry hair but I haven't used it before so I wouldn't know. If you use it on wet hair you'd only be using it once a week right? I only apply it to damp/wet hair, it works better that way. I only use this gel if I'm going out somewhere so my hair doesn't look all frizzy. So if I wanted to use it on a non-wash day, I'll just damp my hair with water some. ;)

2. Since you are trying to manipulate it a little as possible, I would use the spray leave in because you wouldn't even have to rub it in like you would the hair lotion. For some reason, my spray leave-in doesn't spray out! :lol: I guess because it's too thick (maybe from that Suave Humectant that's in it). So I have to unscrew the top and pour some in my hand and rub it in my hair.

3. Also does you hair react badly to surge when you don't rinse your hair everyday? If so I would leave that out if I wasn't going to rinse daily. I don't use Surge anymore. After it ran out, I stopped using it. My hair/scalp never had any problems with Surge. When I did use it, I rinse my hair with water everyday. :antlers:

You've been checkin out my journal have you? :grin: You're so sweet! Thank you for your post!
 

sillygurl18

New Member
LOL at the spray. How much conditioner DO you have in it ? Maybe it's because of the oil in it too? Or is it the s-curl. Pooh ain't playing with the leave in "spray" is she LOL! I guess you DIDN'T call it a spray but a concoction. ;)
 

Dolapo

New Member
Poohbear said:
Ingredients of my shampoo: Water, Cocamphocarboxypropionate, Lauramide DEA, Po'vquaternium-10, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Red No.40, FD&C Blue No.1

Frenchee Super Gro is a scalp/temple ointment, hair conditioner/hair dress. It aids in hair growth. The ingredients are not listed on the container.

I don't believe the stuff about mineral oil and petrolatum clogging pores. I've used grease and products that contained those forbidden ingredients in the past and it helped grow/retain length of my relaxed hair. ;)

I've consider conditioner washing, but I feel like co-washing is for those who wash their hair daily and do not use any products.

Thank you for your response. :kiss:

wait...this elasta qp shampoo doesnt have any sulphates?
 

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Dolapo said:
wait...this elasta qp shampoo doesnt have any sulphates?
Nope! I'm glad some ladies here at the LHCF introduced me to this shampoo. In was in a thread about shampoos that do not contain those harmful, drying ingredients so I decided to give Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo a try. :yep:
 

AllAboutTheHair

New Member
Your regimen sounds A.O.K. to me. I find that citre shine drying, but that is just me, you deep condition and do not use any heat, so you should be alright.
 

metalkitty

New Member
Just my humble opinion....It sounds pretty good to me, but does the Elasta Creme 'poo cleanse enough for you? I always thought of it as more of a conditioner like CON 'poo... I was just wondering because you're going to be using Frenchee's ointment- like stuff. But since you're trying to cut back on product I bet ACV rinses or baking soda would be heaven sent for when you want clean but still nice and soft hair.
 

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
metalkitty said:
Just my humble opinion....It sounds pretty good to me, but does the Elasta Creme 'poo cleanse enough for you? I always thought of it as more of a conditioner like CON 'poo... I was just wondering because you're going to be using Frenchee's ointment- like stuff. But since you're trying to cut back on product I bet ACV rinses or baking soda would be heaven sent for when you want clean but still nice and soft hair.
Yes, the Elasta QP Creme Shampoo is cleansing well enough for me. I've only used Frenchee twice so far and won't be using it again (I'll either return it to the store or hold on to it for a long time).
I don't know if you saw my new thread but I'm going on this "No Product Routine" where I will only be using my shampoo, a cheap conditioner, and water as my only products. I'm so unpredictable! :grin:
 

jainygirl

New Member
Since youre using with Frenchee Super Gro every other day, just remember to clarify, clarify, clarify :). Do it once a month to stop buildup. I have to shampoo with a Rx shampoo every 3 days that has plenty of SLS in it. I've started back to zapping a little unrefined shea butter -- about a tablespoon-- in the microwave for 15 seconds and applying that to my hair after I wash and condition my hair. My hair loves it-- the shea keeps it soft and locks in moisture after my wash. Shea butter is the only thing I put on my hair other than shampoo and conditioner. I know that using minimal products is what works best for me. Keep playing around and you will find what works best for you. HTH -- jainygirl
 
Top