Is this too much Protein??

Kiki82

*****FOR UPDATE PLEASE READ THE 10TH POST>>>>PICS ADDED******

I'm planning to have my hair relaxed this Saturday...and I am washing my hair today...this is what I plan on doing...

PrePoo
HH mixed with Lekair cholesterol and evoo

Shampoo
CON or Nexxus Therape

Condition
Nexxus Emergencee (leave on for 10 minutes with heat)

then DC w/ Keracare Humecto for 20-25 minutes w/heat

Is this too much protein??

Thanks,
Kiki82

Last edited:

MissLawyerLady

What you've listed would not be too much protein for my hair. I always use a strong protein (Emergencee or strong Aphogee) on the wash before my relaxer, which is at least 5 to 7 days before my relaxer.

But what may not be alot of protein for me, could be a lot of protein for you. I think you have to take into account how your hair responds to protein. If you've used Emergencee sucessfully before and you follow up with an appropriate moisturizing conditioner, you should be okay.

Kiki82

that's the thing this is my first time using emergencee....so i am trying to make sure.

I have never used aphogee treatment the strong kind but I have used the Keratin reconstructor....

Kiki,
For conditioning you don't have to use Nexxus Emergencee and Keracare Humecto. The emergencee will be enough, that a good protein to use before your perm. Remember you don't want protein overload, becuase that will cause you're hair to break. You don't want that.

Neith

No!

I'm unsure of whether HH has protein in it. Cholesterol is not protein based... plus you'll be shampooing it out anyway, so no to very little protein in your pre poo.

The shampoos are fine.

Humecto is protein free isn't it?

Unless you've been doing protein treatments recently, it gets a thumbs up from me :yep:

Kiki82

No!

I'm unsure of whether HH has protein in it. Cholesterol is not protein based... plus you'll be shampooing it out anyway, so no to very little protein in your pre poo.

The shampoos are fine.

Humecto is protein free isn't it?

Unless you've been doing protein treatments recently, it gets a thumbs up from me :yep:

Neith ..Last sunday, I did the same pre poo and shampoo, but DC w/ motion CPR and humecto...is it still ok to do today's protein treatment as i am getting a relaxer this saturday?

Lady Esquire

Neith ..Last sunday, I did the same pre poo and shampoo, but DC w/ motion CPR and humecto...is it still ok to do today's protein treatment as i am getting a relaxer this saturday?

Like a previoius poster said earlier, it depends on whether you have the type of hair that likes a lot of protein.

I am a bit concerned that you used CPR last week though. So be careful.

Be sure not to apply too much of the Emergencee. You get more coverage when you run a shower comb or a wide-tooth comb thru it, after you apply it. And since you're following it with a moisture treatment, you should be fine. Good luck and keep us posted.

Kiki82

Re: Is this too much Protein?? UPDATE!!!!

I did my Nexxus Emergencee treatment last night. It came out great with little breakage.

Thanks Lady Esquire for telling me that less is more. I did my prepoo and shampood with nexxus therape. I then sectioned my hair into 4 parts and applied a dime size amount to each section. The directions stated to keep it on for 1 or 2 minutes w/o plastic cap. THen shampoo AGAIN with Nexxus therape which is exactly what I did. Then I DC for about 30 minutes with Humecto.

I have to say that after rinsing out the emergencee my hair was so hard even after the SECOND shampoo with therape, but the slip came after the DC with humecto...

I applied my leave-in, moisturizer, and oil then I rollerset (which was good because I usually have a lot of hair coming out, but not this time:grin:) my hair and dried it for about an hour, but I got so impatient that I ruined my rollerset by taking out the rollers too early:wallbash::wallbash: So I crossed wrapped and went to bed.

Here are some pics after I comb out my curls (some what)

thanks everyone for the advice,

Kiki82

Attachments

• Comb out curls.jpg
    Comb out curls.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Another side view.jpg
    Another side view.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2