Is your hair like your mothers?

Is your hair like your mother or father?

• Hair like moms

Votes: 149 32.5%
  • Hair like dads

Votes: 310 67.5%

• Total voters

RocStar

My sister's hair is like my mother's, my brother's hair is like my father's and my hair is a bad mix of the two. :lachen:

But I luv it anyway.

AshMoBev

I definitely do not have hair JUST LIKE my mothers. Her side of the family is black/white...she hair has a uniform curl pattern (small coils) and is thick...id say about a 4a....

My dads side of the family is Belizean/Guatemalan....His hair is silky smooth....

MYYY HAIR on the other hand....a complete wacky mix!! Not exactly like my mothers but hers is somewhere up in it :grin: Throughout our crazy history together and the pain it has given to my hands and arms...i LOVE my wacky mixed up hair!!....I did just tame it a bit with a one time start of the summer texturizer though ...sheeesh

bludaydreamr

A COMBINATION OF BOTH, I ASSUME. MY FATHER ALWAYS WORE A SHORT CUT AND WOULD DROWN HIS HAIR IN WATER AND GREASE TO MAKE THE CURLS POP :lachen: SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS REAL TEXTURE IS BUT I FIGURE IT'S IN THE 4's. MOM IS IN THE 3's.
My father did the same thing for years; a little water, DAX, and a doo-rag! :lachen: My mother I think has 4a with some 4b, coarse medium density. My father had 4a with some 3c, mostly fine and a little coarse texture, with a lot of density hair(I use to texturize it for him). My hair is 4a more similar to my fathers because of the texture, type, and density. My oldest sister had a softer 4a/4b after chemo, but it seemed to still change back to her orginal 4a/4b texture like my mom's. My youngest sister has my mothers texture, but my fathers type.

MiWay

I don't know who's hair I have. My mother haid WL hair when she was younger, and no matter how much she cuts it or uses the curling iron, it grows, grows, grows. She was natural a few years ago, and I would say her hair is 3b'ish. My father had a huge afro when I was little, and what looked like 4b hair as I was growing up, but he's completely bald now, so I can't tell. :lachen: I guess if I make it thru this transition, I will be able to figure out who I got my hair from. I'm thinking it might be a combo.

Kelly210

My hair takes after my dad's. My Mom is a 3c/4a with very fine hair and my dad is 4b with thick hair. I'm a 4b/a and very thick.

favorc

I think i get hair from both sides of my family. My moms hair is really thick and long and so was her mother. My dad has really thick hair too and so did his mom. The funny thing about my hair is that it changes textures every few years:perplexed. I hope it dosen't sound strange and untrue but it did.
When i was younger my hair use to be naturally straight, and then as i get older it had gotten curly then wavy. now it is course. I guess i'm just getting everybodies hair texture in.:lachen:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair is just like my dad's. His genes are 100 times stronger than my mom's.:grin: It's so much harder to figure out because my mom and I don't know much about natural hair. My mom relaxed my hair when I was very young because it was so long and thick. My natural hair seems so much different than when I was little.

KrimsonKween

I voted for my dad. He has very fluffly hair like a cotton ball which is what I have, but my family is just starting to go natural. I have about 6 family members that either b'cd or transitioned and have natural hair or dreads.

Hairsofab

I definitely inherited my dad's hair. My mother and grandmother had 2b? hair. Not sure exactly how to classify their hair. My mom's hair sort of changed texture over the years. Now her hair is not kinky at all. It grows in straight at the root but is a wirey curl when it grows out and a regular relaxer is way to harsh on it. She straightens easily with a blow dryer. My grandmother had straight to wavy hair. My mom said her hair texture changed when she got older too.

But I definitely did not get that kind of hair. My hair is like my dad's, a 4bz or 4zzz. Tightly coiled kinks, with little to no curl pattern detectable, hard to moistureize and straighten.

PureSilver

More like mamas, super fine & soft for which i am greatful. I've noticed since i've started relaxing my natural hair has gotten a lil thicker and coarser. I see this when i have 2.5-3''of NG cause i stretch my relaxers.
Is it possible for a relaxer to do just that?

lydc

Not completely. My mother's hair is a mix of 3c and 4a and I have the 4a while my sister has the 3c.

Filmatic

A little. I don't have my mother's texture, which I would love. She puts a little water on her natural hair and it all curly and shiny. However, I do have her ability to grow hair pretty fast. She had waistlength hair when she was younger, so I am sure I can get there too. I am not sure of my father's hair type, because I've only seen it short.

mahogany_horizons

I voted like my father's b/c there was no option for both. My hair is definetly a mixture of the 2 but i said both b/c my mom's hair is thicker and coarser than mine, but my hair is more fine and curly like my fathers.

Dymmeonds

I had to ask my mom because I have some weird combination of both...and she said the same. She told me to choose hair like hers because I get my length and hair growth from her. My mom's hair is long and naturally pretty straight with a little wave action at the end but course to the touch like 4b (sounds a little funky right?)...and then add to the mix that my dad has shiny, silky, baby soft hair with 4b tight spirals...(even funkier huh?) I have good shine to my s-pattern waves/straight strands of hair. ...Go figure that out!

AtlantaJJ

I'm some kind of freaky combo of my mom and dad...leaning more towards my mom. She had very soft fine hair, my dad had wiry hair (his description) I'm more fine haired than him but not as much as my mom.

John'sPrincess

To be honest i have never seen my mum's natural hair but i know her is fine textured. I am not too clear on this hair typing thing.
My dad has very soft hair which grows like no man's business.
I am a 4z

luxe.li.

I think I'm combination, seriously. I would hope mines is like my mothers but I know its not. My mother's hair is 2b 2c, my hair is 3b(only at nape only) 3c 4a, my father is 4a.....