Is Your Hair Longer Than It's Ever Been? Please Post B/A Pics!

Nonie

This is the longest my hair ever got before I started HH practices:

My hair is in braids now but this is how long it is now (and that's without protective styling or sealing ends) so perhaps I'd retain better if I did that, but I'm very pleased with where I am:

charmtreese

Here are my pic's!

ETA: Yes this is the longest my hair has ever been!

Attachments

• april 8 back 2.jpg
    april 8 back 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Jan82006back-vi.jpg
    Jan82006back-vi.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 142

MisSweeTiera

This post is awesome BTW lol you all have such great success I hope to be like this soon. Actually I'm hoping by my the end of the year that my hair is longer than it has ever been, my longest layer currently is :)

tami73

At the begining of my journey my hair was a thin, see thru relaxed mess, this is the longest it ever got previously:

2 year later my hair is all natural:

Straightened:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
http://public.fotki.com/havilland/hair-growth-update-2009/

my pics are in this album....you can see the year by year comparison.

i never really had hair longer than shoulder length. before healthy hair care i washed weekly. deep conditioned every 6 weeks whenever i got my relaxer touch up only. I always used quality products on my hair, but i colored, relaxed, used heat whenever i wanted. i even bleached my relaxed hair for streaks a few times! ugh........

my hair was healthy shoulder length about ten years ago when i began rollersetting every week and kept it trimmed. but it was STILL shoulder length. i never retained any length.

in 2007 i started my actual hhj at neck length with damaged, overprocessed hair. i wore weaves as a protective style for a year to hide my hair and recover from the damage. i gradually cut off all the relaxed hair over a three year period and went texlaxed.

i am APL now after a 2-3 inch trim in april. i deep condition once/twice a week. wear protective/low manipulation styles 99% of the time. moisturize and seal daily. i also stretch my texlax touch ups to only use chemicals 3 times a year. (i do this however i can. protective styles, hide my hair, braids.)

Yoshi3329

:love: This thread!

I've never been past shoulder length without raggedy ends; even then, my whole head of hair was just plain ill-managed:nono:.

Sometimes I too think I'll never get to waist length, this is so inspiring. :yep:

MariposaSexyGirl

OMG you retained soooo much length!

Well I made it to wl the first time in 08 and it just wasn't full enough for me, so I cut it back to a blunt bsl. I've also had small trims here and there but not much. The most recent pictures is what grew from the blunt bsl. I hate the fact my ends grew back uneven. But that is the way the cookie crumbles. This time I will be doing small trims to thicken it up instead of trimming back to my thickest point. Since it will do the same thing it did before. Ok I'm rambling lol

But thanks for complimenting my length retaining skills lol

this is the longest my hair has ever been( you didnt ask for healthiest lol)
i am trying something right now. i was told that some people have the thin end look when you start achieving longer lengths so i am testing this theory to see if it will fill in. this is a 2008 setback until present

Hysi

Yes. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life and I am SO excited.

Shoulder length early 2004:

March 2010:

Here's my recent length check pic---July 4, 2010:

^^^^Prior to this the longest my hair has ever been was waist length during my early teen years---and that only lasted for about a year or so.

I started actively growing my hair out back in 2007. I was about bra strap during this time. I grew my hair by transitioning to natural, co washing and using regular conditioner as a leave in. I also finger comb my hair only while wet and with conditioner; I think this low manipulation has been most helpful for me.

now wait a minute celinastarr! I'm sorry but your hair is just ignant. That just don't even make no kinda sense in the whole diggity dang world. ----yea, I'mma hater. and I can't WAIT-- til my hair gets like yours!:spinning: yea, that's right. your hair is just a mess. can I have it? i wanna mess too!!!!!!!

latingirly020488

I love these stories, really hope this thread gets more pics come on ladies chime in!! this can be very inspirational for the newbies. I for one can say I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD LONG HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally made it to APL and I cant believe it. I remebered being a newbie on the site 2 years ago(in reality my healthy hair journey started august 2007) and thinking "oh please I will never be one of those hair transformation stories" boy oh boy was I WRONG! I am only one of the many living proofs that our hair can grow. I kept myself motivated by viewing fotki's and reading the stories of the other ladies, so now I want to help others stay motivated. I LOVE LHCF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tami73

Tami- your curls and color are beautiful! Reminds me of my 10 year old's hair. Are you a 3c/4a?

No I'm a bonafide coarse 4a, no mixes here. Colour just gives the illusion of smoother hair! Excellent progress ladies. Keep em coming!

Last edited:

Triniwegian

Mine is nowhere as impressive as the other ladies, but all hair grows..and so will yours.
The ladies have already given you great advice. I do very little with my hair. I wash and deep condition 1x a week and keep it in a bun til next time i wash...for the most part.

Here is the day of my BC, I chopped after 1 year transition. October 2008

Here is my hair today, the one on the left was taken 2 weeks ago

Magus484

Yes. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life and I am SO excited.

Shoulder length early 2004:

March 2010:

Here's my recent length check pic---July 4, 2010:

^^^^Prior to this the longest my hair has ever been was waist length during my early teen years---and that only lasted for about a year or so.

I started actively growing my hair out back in 2007. I was about bra strap during this time. I grew my hair by transitioning to natural, co washing and using regular conditioner as a leave in. I also finger comb my hair only while wet and with conditioner; I think this low manipulation has been most helpful for me.

jupitermoon Did you ever trim or cut it along the way? If so, did you get it straightened to trim it? Did you do it yourself?

Last edited:

4evershika

I was definitely a short hair lifer... never longer than NL before I started my HHJ. With consistency I have been able to grow my hair past APL (still trying to get to BSL).
I am 4b relaxed.

Before: (11/2009)

Currently: (09/2011)

vestaluv1

I had never had hair longer than SL when I first started my HHJ in March 2007. I made APL about 6 months later but then trimmed back to just above APL in order to get rid of thin ends.
Not sure how long it took to get to BSL, but by summer of 2009, I reached MBL.
During the first year of my HHJ I was the strictest on my regimen; hot oil treatments, washing with Ayurvedic powders, deep conditioning twice a week, protective styling (with wigs only) baggying daily, satin pillowcases and scarves at night, moisturising and sealing daily.
Although for the last year I have more or less stopped most of these things, I've always stuck with the protective styling and satin scarves at night.
I have only just started getting back to deep conditioning and baggying, but I'm trying to construct I regimen I'm comfortable with again as what I used to do was far too time consuming.
I think, if I had continued with my initial regimen, I'd probably be way past WL by now. Nonetheless, I'm now grazing WL aiming for full WL. My past regimens and pics up to last year are in my Fotki. Unfortunately, I won't be doing another length check or straightening my hair until the end of the year so I'll take a pic then for comparison.

MsLi@512

:bump:

:worship2:

:morepics:

This thread is just what I needed today. I damn near fell otta my chair with some of the pics. I know it's a little older, but I hope others add more inspirational stories to this thread.

mscocopuff

I never had hair past my nape ever in life! You can do it! Just stay faithful to what works for your hair, no matter what!

November 2008

April 2009

March 2011

Last Week

Coming from last year to this year, I had a setback due to the color I had. I was constantly dusting and not moisturizing properly but I have now improved this and was able to retain more length this year.

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

sunnieb

I LOVE these types of threads!!! Here's my contribution:

2005 - My hair was this length for years. I couldn't even get to my shoulders. :nono:

May 2008 - I started deep conditioning weekly, and my hair got thicker but still didn't get to my shoulders.

February 2009 - I found LHCF! :)

March 2011 - After my first self-relax

October 2011 -BSL :grin:

I just realized that I need to take more straight hair pics! I don't have any recent ones! :blush:

Last edited: