Israel Houghton And Wife Are Divorced After 20 Years

crlsweetie912

@mensa Yes, that's his wife. If you watch the entire recording, you will see where he refers to her as the love of his life. That album was recorded live in South Africa and it was a very powerful album.

To say I'm devastated is an understatement. He's my favorite praise and worship leader. I'm still in shock.
That album and the video of the live recording are amazing. I was literally on my floor on my face in tears.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
The first one said that he divorced his wife because he had a large amount of debt that she would not help him get out of. He met a woman on his job who "understood" him and would help him pay it off.

The second one met a woman who is almost 30 years his junior. He wanted to marry her cause she probably was fertile and could give him children while his ex-wife was barren.

As I said, their mother is very happy that both of her sons have found the women of their dreams.:(

I'm glad those women are free now. Disgusting child-minded men they married.

-----------------

Christians cannot stay married these days because one or both of the partners are offending the other and that they are just as human as non-christians. All marriage is important and under attacks, no matter the religion. Lack of respect. Is it truly a "loss" to be freed from shenanigans? Maybe not.

Last edited:

mensa

I'm glad those women are free now. Disgusting child-minded men they married.

-----------------

Christians cannot stay married these days because one or both of the partners are offending the other and that they are just as human as non-christians. All marriage is important and under attacks, no matter the religion. Lack of respect. Is it truly a "loss" to be freed from shenanigans? Maybe not.
Hey Kanozas,

Both of their ex-wives are still struggling with broken hearts. :cry3: But my BIL's are doing fine with their new women. It's as if they were never married.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Hey Kanozas,

Both of their ex-wives are still struggling with broken hearts. :cry3: But my BIL's are doing fine with their new women. It's as if they were never married.

That's all on the surface and temporary. Those women will come into their own and those men will face the consequences. It always happens.

momi

I am done, through, and kaput.
Done.

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/coup...-new-boo-israel-houghton-make-a-splash-photos

Adrienne Bailon has a new romance in her life.

She was spotted spending time at the Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa with a mystery man…

According to TMZ, he and Adrienne have been seeing each other for a while — but he just got out of a 20-year marriage earlier this year. Adrienne appeared in the 2013 movie Israel produced called, ‘I’m in Love with a Church Girl.’

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
*SIGH*

Adrienne Bailon Vacations With New Man Israel Houghton: See the Exclusive Pic

March 22, 2016 @ 4:01 PM
By Megan French

Bailon and Houghton Victor Garcia
Real romance! Adrienne Bailon is dating Grammy Award–winning Christian music artist Israel Houghton, a source confirms to Us Weekly. The couple were recently spotted on vacation together at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa in Tulum, Mexico.

Check Out Hollywood's Friendliest Exes
The Real talk-show host and the gospel singer spent the week relaxing on the beach, unwinding at the spa and enjoying a tequila tasting. Although the relationship is new, Bailon, 32, and Houghton, 44, have known each other for a few years. He exec-produced her 2013 film I’m in Love With a Church Girl.

PHOTOS: Talk Show Controversies and Feuds: The Biggest Ever

Speculation that the pair are engaged began after they were seen wearing matching bands on their ring fingers, but a source tells Us that’s just a coincidence. “[They] just have the same rings from Cartier that they bought separately,” the friend explains to Us. “They normally hang out in group circles but over spring break decided to take a trip alone together for the first time.”

Last edited:

alexstin

His statement
In the midst of all that's going on in the
world... Suffering, terrorism, deciding a future for our country, and making the world safer; It is sad that I am even having to address this matter... I understand that gossip and salacious untrue speculative stories are far more interesting and entertaining than the truth & facts. But, it's incredibly unfair to allow someone to carry the burden, blame & shame of something they had nothing to do with...

I met Adrienne Bailon a bit over 2 years ago, we worked together & became friends... Our circles connected & we remained good friends. From a friendship, as two single adults we have very recently begun to explore a dating relationship.

As I previously wrote in a statement I released a while back, My marriage had been over for quite some time before going public with my divorce announcement.

Where I shared, or as some have pointed out 'over-shared' my failure in my marriage... From over 5 years prior. It seems to be simple math that I had not even yet met Adrienne during the time my marriage was falling apart.

It deeply saddens me that an innocent party would be dragged into this situation that I have taken personal responsibility for. Adrienne is a woman of integrity & character... Most of all she is a true friend, and she should not be blamed for my past indiscretions. I assure you - I am willing to own my wrongs and I have in the past. God knows & sees all things. I appreciate your prayers, and I join you in praying for the issues of life that truly matter today all over the world.

He needs to get his dates straight. He produced the movie she starred in back in 2010. The movie came out in 2013.

Last edited:

momi

His statement
In the midst of all that's going on in the
world... Suffering, terrorism, deciding a future for our country, and making the world safer; It is sad that I am even having to address this matter... I understand that gossip and salacious untrue speculative stories are far more interesting and entertaining than the truth & facts. But, it's incredibly unfair to allow someone to carry the burden, blame & shame of something they had nothing to do with...
I met Adrienne Bailon a bit over 2 years ago, we worked together & became friends... Our circles connected & we remained good friends. From a friendship, as two single adults we have very recently begun to explore a dating relationship.

As I previously wrote in a statement I released a while back, My marriage had been over for quite some time before going public with my divorce announcement.
Where I shared, or as some have pointed out 'over-shared' my failure in my marriage... From over 5 years prior. It seems to be simple math that I had not even yet met Adrienne during the time my marriage was falling apart.
It deeply saddens me that an innocent party would be dragged into this situation that I have taken personal responsibility for. Adrienne is a woman of integrity & character... Most of all she is a true friend, and she should not be blamed for my past indiscretions. I assure you - I am willing to own my wrongs and I have in the past. God knows & sees all things. I appreciate your prayers, and I join you in praying for the issues of life that truly matter today all over the world.

Whatever Israel.

Had the nerve to sound perturbed too.

Last edited:

momi

See my edit @momi He thinks we're stupid.

Smh! I guess so.

Unless the Lord convicts me otherwise he won't have to worry about me spending one red cent on any of his music.

Some people cannot handle having money. I can't recall the scripture but I think it's in Psalms - that contains a prayer for God to give us enough so that we won't blaspheme and not too much that we forget Him.

delitefulmane

I've never liked Adrienne Bailon! She can't be any good for him.....or maybe they deserve each other. :nono:
She always seems so narcissistic, like she can't live without attention (e.g. on 'The Real' every convo turns to her) :nono: :nono: And this is too sudden!! What happened to repenting and then taking time to reflect so that you don't make the same mistake?

I'm soooooo disappointed in Israel. I really enjoy his music. Especially his song called "For Your Grace."

LovelyNaps26

Smh! I guess so.

Unless the Lord convicts me otherwise he won't have to worry about me spending one red cent on any of his music.

Some people cannot handle having money. I can't recall the scripture but I think it's in Psalms - that contains a prayer for God to give us enough so that we won't blaspheme and not too much that we forget Him.

Proverbs 30: 8-9
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

I think this should all be our prayer if and when the Lord expands our financial blessings. Jesus wasn't lying when he said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than inherit the kingdom. We are so fickle as human being and will worship the blessing (fame, wealth, status) more than the Creator. Lord Jesus have mercy on us sinners.

momi

Proverbs 30: 8-9
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

I think this should all be our prayer if and when the Lord expands our financial blessings. Jesus wasn't lying when he said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than inherit the kingdom. We are so fickle as human being and will worship the blessing (fame, wealth, status) more than the Creator. Lord Jesus have mercy on us sinners.

Thank you so much referencing the scripture. I should have gone back and added the text.

Indeed may He have mercy on us all.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ladies... I recall that movie with Adrienne and Ja'rule (sp?)

I didn't realize that it was produced by Israel Houghton. :nono: What I noticed about the movie is that it rode 'on the edge'. It was 'carnal'... period. I remember thinking, 'she's a Church girl, yet... :nono:

My point is that with this movie that he produced, you could see the carnality that was coming from his spirit for it did not represent the lifestyle that a Christian woman would live. After seeing the latest news, I'm not that surprised as it appears that this lust for Adrienne was evolving in him all along.

Just my perception.

fifi134

Ladies... I recall that movie with Adrienne and Ja'rule (sp?)

I didn't realize that it was produced by Israel Houghton. :nono: What I noticed about the movie is that it rode 'on the edge'. It was 'carnal'... period. I remember thinking, 'she's a Church girl, yet... :nono:

My point is that with this movie that he produced, you could see the carnality that was coming from his spirit for it did not represent the lifestyle that a Christian woman would live. After seeing the latest news, I'm not that surprised as it appears that this lust for Adrienne was evolving in him all along.

Just my perception.

That movie was beyond ratchet. There were so many things that her character engaged in that were not proper for a believer. Those who don't know the Lord would be led to believe Adrienne's character's behavior was godly when in fact, it was quite the opposite. It was such a huge disappointment!