Itching Scalp kept me up at night...

myronnie

Last night, I woke up and my scalp was itching really badly. I washed it two days ago with Chagrin valley shampoo bars (Chocolate almond and Rosemary Aloe) and rinsed with Apple Cider vinegar diluted and airdryed it. I braided it up, and then in the middle of the night i woke up in an itching frenzy that stopped me from sleeping for like 30 minutes. What could be the cause of the itching? All I've done after washing my hair was apply Neutrogena and Coconut oil to the hair and not the scalp.

KAT25

If you have never used the shampoo bars before you might have had an allergic reaction to them... and or the combination of both bars together. I would suggest that you clarify your hair and if you have any tea tree oil that helps keep the itches at bay.

:bighug: sorry you had to deal with this and didnt get to sleep well

myronnie

Aww, thanks KAT25 :)

I'm going to clarify today and then DC..i don't have tea tee oil but I do have castor oil and aloe vera gel that I may apply to my scalp to make sure that it doesn't itch anymore..it was so weird. It was like my scalp was on fire..it's happened before also.

SEMO

I agree that you may need to clarify your hair. You may have something on your scalp not agreeing with you. Be sure to change your pillowcase too so that whatever you had on your hair that made it itch doesn't get back on your hair when you go to sleep again.

KAT25

Aww, thanks KAT25 :)

I'm going to clarify today and then DC..i don't have tea tee oil but I do have castor oil and aloe vera gel that I may apply to my scalp to make sure that it doesn't itch anymore..it was so weird. It was like my scalp was on fire..it's happened before also.

Really well that does sound like some type of allergic reaction but Aloe Vera Gel is the truth and it will sooth your scalp a great deal.. I might even would apply it before I clarify then I would do it again afterwards.. I might would not use the castor oil because it is so thick and heavy (IMO) and it might be too heavy for your scalp but coconut oil would be good... and add extra softness

What are you going to use to clarify?

Honi

There is no board.
I just started using these bars. My daughters hair loves it and the jury is still out on mine but I love how soft my hair is afterwards.

Just for clarification….when you used the ACV rinse did you rinse your hair with plain water afterwards? In your post you said that you rinsed with ACV and then let it airdry. I know that if I don’t rinse the ACV out really well that my scalp will itch.

ETA: on the site they say to clarify using a baking soda rinse or vinegar rinse to get rid of buildup. Buildup can also occur if you have hard water.

Last edited:

myronnie

I rinsed with water after I did the ACV rinse.
I love the bars and they make my hair really soft :)
I'm going to use Nexxus Aloe Rid followed by CON green label to clarify.

KAT25

I thought the Aloe Rid was a cleathing shampoo.. I could be wrong though but I would also suggest you mixing some baking soda with the Aloe Rid Shampoo for one wash and I bet your hair will feel extra good and it will be soft and bouncy and pretty .. keep us posted

myronnie

I thought the Aloe Rid was a cleathing shampoo.. I could be wrong though but I would also suggest you mixing some baking soda with the Aloe Rid Shampoo for one wash and I bet your hair will feel extra good and it will be soft and bouncy and pretty .. keep us posted
True, I'll do that..just gotta get some more baking soda..
yup I'll keep you guys updated
:yep:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
u have a allergic reaction to something, you just have to do a process of elimination with each product if you don't want to stop using them. In the meantime I would clarify with baking soda on scalp, or castile soap and cool ur scalp with peppermint oil (with a carrier oil)

Menina Preta

Perhaps you should not use CON as a follow-up shampoo. After using CON for a while, I got the itchies. It also leaves a 'film' on your hair and perhaps it might leave it on your scalp. Try something else...Is your shampoo bar considered moisturizing? If so, just use that.

myronnie

Perhaps you should not use CON as a follow-up shampoo. After using CON for a while, I got the itchies. It also leaves a 'film' on your hair and perhaps it might leave it on your scalp. Try something else...Is your shampoo bar considered moisturizing? If so, just use that.
Eh..you should have told me this earlier..
so i am dc'ing with pantene relaxed&natural mixed with coconut oil and castor oil for a couple hours..when it airdryes tomorrow i will tell you guys how my scalp holds up :look:

myronnie

Ok an update on my situation:
My scalp is much much better after washing and deep conditioning. I think that the dryness of not using conditioner after using shampoo(yup...i'm dumb but i just wanted to get ridof the butter buildup) caused my scalp to itch.
Lesson learned: use conditioner.