Itchy scalp after pooing

alona

It's not like...scratching for fleas, but my scalp is itchy more now. Do I need to start oiling my scalp after a poo or what. I just tried ao poo and condt so there are no harsh chemicals. Oh yea! I air dried my hair sectioned in rollers could that have something to do with it?

tia

M_BYRON_M

Idont think the air drying in rollers would have nothing to do with it ,
Maybe the shampoo wasnt cleansing enough or it may be a natural ingredient that you scalp is not responding well to .
I know that many say you dont need to oil your scalp but if idont oil mine it starts to really itch and sometimes burn so i would advise that yuo use a light grease after you wash .

Hope that was informative

B.

MissB

What shampoo did you use? I find that I am allergic to certain active ingredients. When I re-shampoo with a different product, the problem goes away.

MissB

I haven't tried the AO shampoo just the GPB. I didn't have a problem with the GPB. But, I am allergic to chamomile and salicyic acid. So, I try to stay away from shampoos with those ingredients. Recently, I had a reaction to NTM also. I hope that you find something that works for you.

Good luck,

MissB

GoingBack

[ QUOTE ]
alona said:
I used white camamille and jasmine by aubrey's organic and GPB conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you hair feel after you used the camomile and jasmine shampoo?

Falon

Is there build up on your scalp...that would mean the poo didn't clean enough... or is your scalp dry, you mentioned needing to oil the scalp maybe?

If your scalp is itchy cuz it's dry maybe you should con wash only next time...the poo may be making your hair and scalp dry.

If the itchiness is from build-up the poo isn't getting your hair/scalp clean enough...you might have to clarify.

HTH!

so1913

I'd say it either didn't cleanse your scalp thouroughly enough OR the shampoo is too drying in you may need one that moisturizes a little more.

alona

After using the camomile and jasmine poo my hair felt okay. I say that b/c w/another poo I used my hair felt squeaky clean (found out I was using a clarifying poo) w/yet another poo it felt clean and soft. The ao poo felt in between, I'm not sure if it is b/c I've been using a clarifying for most of the year or it's not moisturizing enough. I'll continue and just be very observant.

Thanks you guys

alona

Oh yea! I've been working out a lot the past week and sweatin' like crazy could that have something to do with it?

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
[ QUOTE ]
alona said:
Oh yea! I've been working out a lot the past week and sweatin' like crazy could that have something to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it could! The salt in your sweat could be causing the problem.