Itchy Scalp Before Relaxer

Help!!! I will be putting a relaxer in my hair tommorrow and today my scalp is itching like crazy (and no I haven't scratched it) It seems that every time I am about to get a relaxer my head starts to itch but if it was just dirty and needed washing, it doesn't itch. Any suggestions?

song_of_serenity

Hahaha, this always happens to me without fail, and I'm sure some of the other ladies can vouch for this!
It seems to be mental for the most part, because always, ALWAYS...the day before and especially during the day I'd have to get relaxed? I GET THE ITCHIES.

I try not to be a head patter, but it helps. :look: Or taking my mind off it. I try not to put too many products in right before relaxing.
~*Janelle~*

I think it may be mental also. This is just nuts. I am glad I am not the only one. I thought something was wrong with me.

wheezy807

i forgot up until how many days you can wash your hair before getting a relaxer. Hopefully someone will come along and post it. But for now just "pat" your head when it itches. LOL! Now, you know around relaxer time even my head (that morning) mysteriously starts to itch. It's just something about around that time. But my suggestion to you just wash you hair x amount of days before you relax it. And don't let it get too dirty before applying a relaxer. HTH.