Itchy scalp during pregnancy?

Did anyone have an extremely itchy scalp during their pregnancy?

I've just confirmed I'm pregnant, and my scalp has been itching like C-R-A-Z-Y!!!! Before I confirmed my pregnancy, I literally thought maybe I had adult chicken pox. I was at the pharmacist like, "No seriously, can you take a look please?" Oddly enough, the itch coincides with what would have been implantation.

But anyway...I have never had dry or itchy scalp, and it is LITERALLY driving me crazy. There is no dandruff - which I almost wish there was so I could know what I am treating. :wallbash:

Has this happened to anyone else?

chenai

Hi, Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I gave birth to my son 2 months ago and I never had any unusual itching.
My hair however grew faster and I retained a lot more length than I have ever done, perhaps you are having a growth spurt.

Hmmmm, a growth spurt. Never thought about that. See how the pregnancy is already making me attach things psychologically?

A growth spurt would be nice though!

AsTheCurlzTurns

Awwwwwwee how wonderful!!! Congrats Kinkerbelle!!!:grin:

I didn't have the itchies during any of my pregnancies but I did have some mad growth during them though. I do agree it could be that you just had a spurt, though.

Have a healthy & happy 9 months!! :love:

scorpian

My scalp is itchy... I thought that it was because I was too sick to do anything to my hair for weeks and I needed to shampoo it...now that I've washed it it's itchy and sore :ohwell: