Itchy Scalp Remedies

DigitalRain

Does anyone know of ways to relieve an itchy scalp, at least long enough to relax the hair? My scalp itch has returned, and I really need to relax, my new growth is getting unmanageable, plus I have patches of underprocessed hair making it worse.

I bought Proclaim Tea Tree Defrizz Cream Hair Dress and i've been using that, and it seems to working all right. I just want more ideas. Thanks ladies.

MzThang

My scalp use to itch and I would Neutrogena Stubborn Itch shampoo. It is dark brown in color and it cost about 4 bucks. It has something in it called coal tar but I tell you it does the trick. I use to use it about once a month. I have not used it in about 3-4 months because my scalp has not been itchy.

TigerLily

Try tea tree oil. It's good for itchy/sore scalp.

DigitalRain

[ QUOTE ]
MzThang said:
My scalp use to itch and I would Neutrogena Stubborn Itch shampoo. It is dark brown in color and it cost about 4 bucks. It has something in it called coal tar but I tell you it does the trick. I use to use it about once a month. I have not used it in about 3-4 months because my scalp has not been itchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I almost bought that tonight!! Darn, I wish I'd followed my first mind and bought it. I got Head and shoulders Soothing lotion. The Proclaim hairdress is making my newgrowth dry like the sahara and crunchy.

I do have ORS Tea Tree Hair and scalp oil that I bought months ago but the smell is awful.

MzThang

Make sure to use a good conditioner after the Neutrogena. Afterwards your scalp will have a 'refreshing' feeling to it.