Itchy Scalp? Try This!!!

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Hey ladie! :wave:

I just read this tip in the magazine, First , in their Smart [You] Solutions section.

They call this a money saver. Here it is word for word:

Dry air from indoor heating can leave your scalp itchy and irritated. Instead of using specially formulated shampoo, massage 3/4 cup of lemon juice into your scalp before you shower. Let sit for 5 minutes, then rinse and shampoo as usual. The juice's citric acid acts as an astringent to whisk away dead skin cells and kill propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria that clog sebaceous glands, so your skin can release scalp oils that moisturize and stop itching instantly. Money saved: $8 for medicated shampoo

Has anybody ever done this? I love lemons, I bet your hair would smell great!

op

ChosenbyGod

I might try this. My mom bought a bunch of lemons for me to use in my water but since I don't like lemons in my water, I can use them for this. They've been just sitting in the refrigerator. Lemons don't rot, do they?!

Thanks op!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I may have to try this next time I wash. My hair has been itching like crazy for some reason. It's never itched like this before.

Is it true that your scalp doesn't itch (or doesn't itch as much) when completely natural???

moda

Thanks for the tip OP.

Chosen, your hair is growing great, keep up the good work, and change your settings on your pics for comments :lol:

BAILEYSCREAM

onepraying said:
Hey ladie! :wave:

I just read this tip in the magazine, First , in their Smart [You] Solutions section.

They call this a money saver. Here it is word for word:

Dry air from indoor heating can leave your scalp itchy and irritated. Instead of using specially formulated shampoo, massage 3/4 cup of lemon juice into your scalp before you shower. Let sit for 5 minutes, then rinse and shampoo as usual. The juice's citric acid acts as an astringent to whisk away dead skin cells and kill propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria that clog sebaceous glands, so your skin can release scalp oils that moisturize and stop itching instantly. Money saved: $8 for medicated shampoo

Has anybody ever done this? I love lemons, I bet your hair would smell great!

op

Ok. I've never tried this, but as an aside, lemons will lighten your hair naturally over a period of time. If you want lighter hair this is great.

carmend

I havent used lemons but I have used vinegar before and my scalp stopped itching instantly. I sounds like the lemons work for the same reason that vinegar does (removing bacteria, etc....) Thanks for the info. Now I have another option for the itchies... :)

Allandra

carmend said:
I havent used lemons but I have used vinegar before and my scalp stopped itching instantly. I sounds like the lemons work for the same reason that vinegar does (removing bacteria, etc....) Thanks for the info. Now I have another option for the itchies... :)
I also use acv. It works great. I've never tried lemons though.