IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!!!

shellatl

Re: IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!

Here is the link to the hair oil that contains some of those ingredients:

In particular, the "Hair Plus Oil & Heavenly Hair Oil"

http://www.tattvasherbs.com/oils.htm

I might order the Hair Plus Oil product.

sareca

Re: IT'S BEEN SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT INDIAN AYURVEDIC PRODUCTS GROWS HAIR FASTER!

Hmmm, maybe I will go back to my weekly alma/henna treatments. I've been slacking.

scarcity21

Hmmm, maybe I will go back to my weekly alma/henna treatments. I've been slacking.
i ve never used henna but what is this amla treament that u speak of???:)

Soul♥Flower

It says so in an article in my Allure magazine Dec. 2007 issue (with Rihanna on the cover). Scientists tested in on lab mice. They shaved the mice and the ones that were treated w/ ayurvedic products grew hair 29% faster than mice that weren't treated. Mice that were using Minodixil only grew hair 15% (or was that 19) faster.

*off to the indian stores to buy the products CandyC has been using*

How do you shave a mouse?!
Poor mouse:sad:

tdwillis

Damn you Caribeandiva for starting this thread. I was doing so well...:wallbash: I had my PJism under control.....I must not go to the Indian store this afternoon! I must not....:wallbash:

Me too. I was about to call my mom and tell her to take me. I will not go to the Indian store. I will not!

nappity

Thanks for the info and the link. I'm loving Ayurveda:grin:

CarLiTa

hehe, i was going to go to the Indian grocery store this afternoon. all this without reading the thread, but alrighty then:lol:

i just want the oils for pre-poo, i think:look:

asubeauty

hehe, i was going to go to the Indian grocery store this afternoon. all this without reading the thread, but alrighty then:lol:

i just want the oils for pre-poo, i think:look:

That's what I said, but I ended up with alma and shikaki powders too...

AvaSpeaks

yeah it says they made a cream made of colocynth, giant dodder, and false daisy. Apparently these are all herbs used in ayurvedic medicine.

See I kinda felt that it was some products that we have never heard of or are used to.

AvaSpeaks

If there is some Chicago people in here, has anybody been to the Indian stores on the North Side?

I know somebody posted that they had a negative customer service experience with them. That's my fear, giving them my money and their mean to me.

Well at least that's my fear in Chicago. Chicago's a different beast man :pepper:

If there is some Chicago people in here, has anybody been to the Indian stores on the North Side?

I know somebody posted that they had a negative customer service experience with them. That's my fear, giving them my money and their mean to me.

Well at least that's my fear in Chicago. Chicago's a different beast man :pepper:

i'm in chi town too. i'd really like to know this before i run up there to devon ave trying to buy some oil and stuff. i have oil coming in jan. but what about when i run out. i ain't giving them my money if they're rude. :nono:

AvaSpeaks

i'm in chi town too. i'd really like to know this before i run up there to devon ave trying to buy some oil and stuff. i have oil coming in jan. but what about when i run out. i ain't giving them my money if they're rude. :nono:

Exactly! You know how alot of these Middle Eastern and Indian people are to us here in the Chi. Alot of them, when we come into their stores, are not nice to us. :nono:

So I want to know if there are some people in the Chi, where did you get your products. I mean like are their some stores in parts of Chicago other than West Rogers Park? Like Albany Park? Maybe Rogers Park? Uptown?

If your from Chicago, then you know what neighborhoods I'm talking about or at least where.

Mortons

Uh oh Its onnnnnn now :drunk:

atlien

I love oils for my hair. I may have to try these oils, but 14.95 for a 2 oz bottle geeeeeeez! Do they make your hair feel soft?

e$h

Exactly! You know how alot of these Middle Eastern and Indian people are to us here in the Chi. Alot of them, when we come into their stores, are not nice to us. :nono:

So I want to know if there are some people in the Chi, where did you get your products. I mean like are their some stores in parts of Chicago other than West Rogers Park? Like Albany Park? Maybe Rogers Park? Uptown?

If your from Chicago, then you know what neighborhoods I'm talking about or at least where.

I know right. I went into one not too long ago and he acted like I shouldn't have been in there buying their stuff. He started asking all types of questions ie; How do you know about this stuff? Do I know someone that's Indian? Kinda felt isolated because of course I was the only negro up in there. But he did say that shikakai soap is really good for the hair:yep:.
There are a couple in Niles which is close to Skokie. I'm waaay north but not too far from Rogers Park.

caribeandiva

Human being

I love oils for my hair. I may have to try these oils, but 14.95 for a 2 oz bottle geeeeeeez! Do they make your hair feel soft?
the article said that the mice that were using ayurvedic products have shinier and silkier hair than the others. so i guess they make hair soft.

DivaRox

the article said that the mice that were using ayurvedic products have shinier and silkier hair than the others. so i guess they make hair soft.

CD, I really appreciate you bringing this info to us-I know I omitted that earlier and I'm not laughing at you of course but I am HOWLING picturing mice with shiny silky hair and flossing round that cage-OMG:rofl::rofl::rofl:

DivaRox

I know right. I went into one not too long ago and he acted like I shouldn't have been in there buying their stuff. He started asking all types of questions ie; How do you know about this stuff? Do I know someone that's Indian? Kinda felt isolated because of course I was the only negro up in there. But he did say that shikakai soap is really good for the hair:yep:.
There are a couple in Niles which is close to Skokie. I'm waaay north but not too far from Rogers Park.

I didn't have a bad experience when I went to my local indian grocer to avoid shipping charges but I def. got the feeling that they were wondering wth I was doing in there. My main problem with the prods are why is all of that crap so OLD? I mean expired to the max. Some of that stuff was two years past expiration and that was the fresh stuff. The OLD stuff expired circa 1997:perplexed Makes me think they're fronting for some other purpose :look:

I picked some Shikakai soap because it didn't have a date and looked okay but maybe that explains why I'm having such a funky experience with it. IDK-same thing with the aritha powder:nono:

sunkissedbronze

I am in Chicago as well and I am always up North on Devon purchasing some herbs for cooking or for my hair. You can purchase the actual powder(e.g. Alma, Bringaraj and etc.) and put it in your own carrier oil( castor, sesame, etc.) the people have always been nice to me, they see me so much now they know me , I go to the Patel brothers store on devon and some of the other little stores around there. My normal day is going to devon on Saturday mornings to shop and eat lunch at a little restaurant around there.I guess its all in the view and the way you approach the situation. I have NEVER had a problem

e$h

I am in Chicago as well and I am always up North on Devon purchasing some herbs for cooking or for my hair. You can purchase the actual powder(e.g. Alma, Bringaraj and etc.) and put it in your own carrier oil( castor, sesame, etc.) the people have always been nice to me, they see me so much now they know me , I go to the Patel brothers store on devon and some of the other little stores around there. My normal day is going to devon on Saturday mornings to shop and eat lunch at a little restaurant around there.I guess its all in the view and the way you approach the situation. I have NEVER had a problem

I approach it like I would approach buying products from Sally's:look:. It really isn't a difference. Maybe I need to visit the Patel brothers. Does the sign actually say Patel Brothers outside? Which side of the street is it on if I was headed east on Devon? Do you know what side street is near the store if any?

blazingthru

I was asked the same questions when I went to buy my oils and then I was told you black woman want to use our stuff, why and I just explained and the Indian woman relaxed and started helping me and told me to come back in three weeks when she has more supplies. I spent 25.00 dollars I got Vatika, coconut oil the one in the blue bottle. Shikakai and Amla oils as well as Dabur Amla oil which I realized I already had a bottle of that. I don't care if they are nice or not just give me my stuff.

Ok that makes me feel better. Thanks for posting this. And you're exactly right about the bolded. :)

ETA: I will check out the Patel brothers store on Devon. I'ma google it now.

PureSilver

That's wonderful news, tho i never doubted one bit that they did. :ohwell:Maybe they can scientifically prove that MN aids in hair growth too. (and at a faster rate):yep:

Its just a thought:spinning:

e$h

I was asked the same questions when I went to buy my oils and then I was told you black woman want to use our stuff, why and I just explained and the Indian woman relaxed and started helping me and told me to come back in three weeks when she has more supplies. I spent 25.00 dollars I got Vatika, coconut oil the one in the blue bottle. Shikakai and Amla oils as well as Dabur Amla oil which I realized I already had a bottle of that. I don't care if they are nice or not just give me my stuff.

I know right!

soonergirl

I was in a indian store last week and felt the cold shoulder, but looked around and saw a white lady purchasing food so I was like whatever!?.... They were polite. The men that came in to buy big 10 pound bags of rice looked strange to me??!... one of them looked at the amla box i had... I wonder what they said about me when they left.... But i dont care cuz I got the goods!!!!!!ha...

Keedah

I already use henna but Im going to incorporate the rest of the herbs into my routine. I wash or conditioner wash my hair twice a week.

Hot oil treatment with homemade amla oil
Wash with Nexxus Therape
Condition with Humectress
Oil hair and scalp with Vatika oil

Amla and shikakai rinse
DC with humectress
Oil hair and scalp with Vatika oil

Monthly henna treatment

Im lazy so Im getting all my supplies off the internet!!

Kalani

I've been trying to resist a new bandwagon, but I may just have to give this a try.

Has anyone purchased oils from this website; ohmyheavenlyhair.com?