It's official...I'm growing my hair back very long!

Dove56

I've been every length from Halle's shortest cut (back in '98) to WL. Since I love the BKT with all my heart, I'm going to keep on BKTing my hair but grow out my BSL layered hair. :yep:

I just had my hair trimmed (really it was cut, she took off 2 inches instead of 1:ohwell:) on 6-10-09. That cut eliminated all of the bleach I had from my hair 2 years ago so my hair is very healthy now (the stylist commented on that). Every 3 months starting in December 09, I'm going to travel back home 4 hours away and let my stylist of 10 years do my trims again (Not the Hispanic lady that pretends there's a language barrier at trim time)..:yep::yep:

The BKT has made my life so much easier. Tomorrow it will be 2 months since I BKT'd and my hair is STILL so easy to style. I'm going to forego the tex-laxing and just BKT my natural hair (3b/c ish) and see how that works out. I think SoCalli is a natural 3b/c and she BKT'd so maybe my hair will look like hers!:drunk:

WL is pretty but I need something that's modern. So for now I am aiming for MBL. I hope to be there next summer or sooner! :grin:

Last edited:

Dove56

Love your beautiful hair. You will be at your goal length pretty soon.

Thank you. :) It's going to feel like forever because some layers are SL. Oh well, I guess as long as I'm alive I have nothing but time right..lol. :)

hillytmj

Wow, your hair is beautiful! I'm sure you will reach your goal again because you KNOW from experience that you can achieve it. Best wishes! :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Your Hair is totally Lucious! It looked Really, Really, Beautiful back in '07. And I am sure it looks good now. Happy Growing. I am sure you'll get there in No Time.:yep:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I feel you! It is hard to decide between growing back to WL or MBL. I share your exact thoughts though, WL is beautiful as all get out, but I can do more with MBL and get a more up to date look. (my opinion)

Put me on your support team! :lol:

Dove56

I feel you! It is hard to decide between growing back to WL or MBL. I share your exact thoughts though, WL is beautiful as all get out, but I can do more with MBL and get a more up to date look. (my opinion)

Put me on your support team! :lol:

Team MBL! :) I think MBL is more functional for me. As I have gotten older, I just don't like spending alot of time on my hair :nono:and I don't trust any stylists to handle it. :ohwell: The though of wrestling with my natural hair and dealing with the length and density back in 2007 is depressing. NO WAY, I just can't do!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Team MBL! :) I think MBL is more functional for me. As I have gotten older, I just don't like spending alot of time on my hair :nono:and I don't trust any stylists to handle it. :ohwell: The though of wrestling with my natural hair and dealing with the length and density back in 2007 is depressing. NO WAY, I just can't do!

AND...to add on to our thoughts on MBL hair--I am being much more consistent with rollersetting now that I do not have waistlength hair. :yep:

SoCalli

I've been every length from Halle's shortest cut (back in '98) to WL. Since I love the BKT with all my heart, I'm going to keep on BKTing my hair but grow out my BSL layered hair. :yep:

I just had my hair trimmed (really it was cut, she took off 2 inches instead of 1:ohwell:) on 6-10-09. That cut eliminated all of the bleach I had from my hair 2 years ago so my hair is very healthy now (the stylist commented on that). Every 3 months starting in December 09, I'm going to travel back home 4 hours away and let my stylist of 10 years do my trims again (Not the Hispanic lady that pretends there's a language barrier at trim time)..:yep::yep:

The BKT has made my life so much easier. Tomorrow it will be 2 months since I BKT'd and my hair is STILL so easy to style. I'm going to forego the tex-laxing and just BKT my natural hair (3b/c ish) and see how that works out. I think SoCalli is a natural 3b/c and she BKT'd so maybe my hair will look like hers!:drunk:

WL is pretty but I need something that's modern. So for now I am aiming for MBL. I hope to be there next summer or sooner! :grin:

Hey girly,
My hair is 3c. Your hair will look great. I definitely think it is better than using a relaxer. I can't wait to see your long-term results. Keep us posted! :grin:

PGirl

I wish I had the same dilemma! What a nice problem to have. Should I go WSL or MBL? Hmmmm....nice...

I vote for MBL too because I can see your point as far as styling is concerned. Either way, it's beautiful so go ahead on girl!