It’s the not knowing for me Help please

camilla

Hello newbies and Vets I mastered being relaxed ang grew it to waist length. I’m now natural and still have no idea based on the charts what my hair type is I DO however know my porosity is low.
I know I am in the 4 category I do not straighten my hair the front is looser like an S wave pattern and the back is small coils like a pencils width Please help only gel can define my curls OR Taliah Wahjid curly curl cream or apple curl cream
Please help with my type I know some people do not like hair typing but I’m happy to be in the 4 category... I think 085FD5DD-5AC5-421D-BEEB-DBC791B75C2E.jpeg

lilikoi

So pretty!

Your hair is 4A curl pattern with a silky texture.

I have that pattern on my nape and around my ears. I have both 4A and tighter 4b curls elsewhere, both silky and coarse, with a few wild wires in between lol

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Looks solidly 4a to me. I think your hair is too tight to be 3C. But I also think 4a has a bit more range than people give it credit for having— especially since texture, porosity, and density can affect how the actual curl pattern looks.
I think I’m solidly 4a, but depending on how defined and moisturized my curls are, some people have insisted my hair is 3C or 4C.
Sometimes too, pictures don’t do a good job capturing that the actual curl pattern is the same if the density or porosity is different in sections.