It's Time For A Heart Check

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 Print Article
Leave a Comment It's Time For A Heart Check
Brenda Gittens On the natural level, the heart is a hollow muscular internal organ that keeps up the circulation and flow of the blood in and throughout our body, and it has to function properly and right to keep us alive and going.
On the spiritual level, our heart also has to function properly and right to keep us alive and going in our relationship and communication with the Lord and with others.
The precious blood of Jesus has continually to be flowing through us! God sees and knows everything about the heart. He speaks to us through the prophet Jeremiah, regarding the nature of our hearts. (Jeremiah 17:9-10).
"The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I know! I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives, I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."
The Lord always looks at the heart, a person's thoughts and intentions. The story of David being anointed as King of Israel is a perfect example for us. The Lord spoke to Samuel and told him to invite Jesse and seven of his sons to the sacrifice and He would let him know which one to anoint as King.
Samuel looked at Eliab, one of the sons and knew for sure this was the Lord's choice to be anointed! He was tall and muscular in appearance and all of that, he even looked like Saul a little bit! But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7).
The Lord passed on all seven, and chose David the youngest son who was out in the fields tending sheep! He was anointed with the oil in the midst of his brothers and the spirit of the Lord came upon him from that day forward.
Because of the nature of the heart, all of us are capable of slipping, falling, and committing a sin. The same one above, King David the true worshiper did. He committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband Uriah the Hittite killed. His prayer after his act of sin was, "Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. Do not banish me from Your presence, and don't take Your Holy Spirit from me." (Psalm 51:10-11).
King David was a worshiper and God knew and looked at his heart. We could pray this prayer on a consistent basis, not just when a sin is committed. We all struggle, face, and deal with all kinds of things on a daily, monthly, and even yearly basis but what would help the struggle is, if we take care of the heart!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Good word...

In the end, it's always about the Heart.

God bless

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 Print Article
Leave a Comment It's Time For A Heart Check
Brenda Gittens On the natural level, the heart is a hollow muscular internal organ that keeps up the circulation and flow of the blood in and throughout our body, and it has to function properly and right to keep us alive and going.
On the spiritual level, our heart also has to function properly and right to keep us alive and going in our relationship and communication with the Lord and with others.
The precious blood of Jesus has continually to be flowing through us! God sees and knows everything about the heart. He speaks to us through the prophet Jeremiah, regarding the nature of our hearts. (Jeremiah 17:9-10).
"The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I know! I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives, I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."
The Lord always looks at the heart, a person's thoughts and intentions. The story of David being anointed as King of Israel is a perfect example for us. The Lord spoke to Samuel and told him to invite Jesse and seven of his sons to the sacrifice and He would let him know which one to anoint as King.
Samuel looked at Eliab, one of the sons and knew for sure this was the Lord's choice to be anointed! He was tall and muscular in appearance and all of that, he even looked like Saul a little bit! But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7).
The Lord passed on all seven, and chose David the youngest son who was out in the fields tending sheep! He was anointed with the oil in the midst of his brothers and the spirit of the Lord came upon him from that day forward.
Because of the nature of the heart, all of us are capable of slipping, falling, and committing a sin. The same one above, King David the true worshiper did. He committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband Uriah the Hittite killed. His prayer after his act of sin was, "Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. Do not banish me from Your presence, and don't take Your Holy Spirit from me." (Psalm 51:10-11).
King David was a worshiper and God knew and looked at his heart. We could pray this prayer on a consistent basis, not just when a sin is committed. We all struggle, face, and deal with all kinds of things on a daily, monthly, and even yearly basis but what would help the struggle is, if we take care of the heart!