Jamaal Bryant: My Reply to the Email I Received

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I received the email about Jamaal Bryant last Friday. Here was my reply to the Originator and the extremely long, list of forwards that were in the message that I received.

Thanks for sharing this. It's putting out an alert to us that 'our' Body in Christ needs ongoing prayer.

I'm sure this story has and will continue to be 'exploited.' Be it true or untrue this does not make him a false phophet. We have to be careful how we label issues. A false prophet is one who prophesies lies; and/or his own will. Well, you know where I'm headed.

The originator of this message (wherever and however long ago he/she has posted this, has sounded an alarm of anger. While I do not condone, I'm not going to condemn. I feel so badly for his Church family, his wife, and for the entire body of Christ. satan is out to bring down any and all that he is able to bring a distorted view of those of us who love Jesus.

Sadly this won't be the last. I wish that it were. But yet, those of us who love God shall continue on in our walk with Him and give Him all the glory. For it is God who is glorified....not man.

This is where we all begin to take a stand for what and in whom we believe. I'll tell you something else. This is also an attack of the enemy against the Black Church...his attempt to render our "Black Leaders" -- mainly our Black Men as worthless, and unable to lead morally and effectively.

It's about more than a man who did/or did not succumb to temptation. It's about taking down the most powerful gift we have in our Black heritage. Our undying faith and trust in God and an attempt to render our witness as null and void.

HOWEVER....satan is STILL a defeated foe and he will NOT defeat who we are and Whose we are...which is all about Jesus and always will be.

Monilove122

Shimmie said:
I received the email about Jamaal Bryant last Friday. Here was my reply to the Originator and the extremely long, list of forwards that were in the message that I received.

This is where we all begin to take a stand for what and in whom we believe. I'll tell you something else. This is also an attack of the enemy against the Black Church...his attempt to render our "Black Leaders" -- mainly our Black Men as worthless, and unable to lead morally and effectively.

It's about more than a man who did/or did not succumb to temptation. It's about taking down the most powerful gift we have in our Black heritage. Our undying faith and trust in God and an attempt to render our witness as null and void.

HOWEVER....satan is STILL a defeated foe and he will NOT defeat who we are and Whose we are...which is all about Jesus and always will be.

I'm sorry Shimmie (and I just want to say you are an awesome woman of God!!!) but, I think that the Black Church is the problem with the Black Church. It's not always the enemy (although in some cases it is) but more times than many WE are the problem.

There is certainly a difference between someone who has fallen & repents, and someone who covers up one deceitful act with another. Now, although we don't know all of the circumstances with this particular case we (Black Church) have always allowed too much to go on then say it's the enemy when someone calls us out on it. I've been in church all my life and was taught by my parents early on that it's in God whom I trust not man so I'm so thankful that these types of stories and events have not shaken my faith. But, by allowing too much to go on we have certainly turned those away that are new babes in Christ, I hear too often about folks KNOWING the Pastor is sleeping with Sis. Such and Such, that Deacon is an alcoholic, this Sis. sleeps with everyone's husband yet they are allowed to have positions of authority and power. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Our Black Leaders have proven themselves to be unworthy, Jesse Jackson having an affair and a child out of wedlock, this one being accused of this then that. If they stop doing the stuff they are doing they wouldn't have these problems. A minister who I heard speak many times gave this verse when it comes to false prophets and I had to dig a little, LOL but here it is:

"And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them." (Ezekiel 33:31-33)

What she explained is that so many preachers come with their own agendas and it appears that they are really going after the things of God cause they know how to talk the talk and it appears that they are walking the walk but in their very heart, they aren't living right. That's what I think about Pastors, etc. such as Jamal Bryant (again, although there are court documents who knows what happened so I'm just saying those LIKE him) they know how to hoop, holla, shout, give you an awesome word will even have you crying and all but - because they are so far from LIVING the gospel they preach they are false.

Now, don't get me wrong, I will pray for him and those like him because as Christians that's what we do, don't condemn but show love and pray for people but to keep saying "the enemy is busy" is a disservice to those who are turned away from the church and most importantly God because of incidents like this. NO one is saying they should be perfect and we shouldn't look to them to be God cause they are not and that would be worshipping false idols but c'mon, we've (Black Church) have gotta do better.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Monilove122 said:
I'm sorry Shimmie (and I just want to say you are an awesome woman of God!!!) but, I think that the Black Church is the problem with the Black Church. It's not always the enemy (although in some cases it is) but more times than many WE are the problem.

There is certainly a difference between someone who has fallen & repents, and someone who covers up one deceitful act with another. Now, although we don't know all of the circumstances with this particular case we (Black Church) have always allowed too much to go on then say it's the enemy when someone calls us out on it. I've been in church all my life and was taught by my parents early on that it's in God whom I trust not man so I'm so thankful that these types of stories and events have not shaken my faith. But, by allowing too much to go on we have certainly turned those away that are new babes in Christ, I hear too often about folks KNOWING the Pastor is sleeping with Sis. Such and Such, that Deacon is an alcoholic, this Sis. sleeps with everyone's husband yet they are allowed to have positions of authority and power. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Our Black Leaders have proven themselves to be unworthy, Jesse Jackson having an affair and a child out of wedlock, this one being accused of this then that. If they stop doing the stuff they are doing they wouldn't have these problems. A minister who I heard speak many times gave this verse when it comes to false prophets and I had to dig a little, LOL but here it is:

"And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them." (Ezekiel 33:31-33)

What she explained is that so many preachers come with their own agendas and it appears that they are really going after the things of God cause they know how to talk the talk and it appears that they are walking the walk but in their very heart, they aren't living right. That's what I think about Pastors, etc. such as Jamal Bryant (again, although there are court documents who knows what happened so I'm just saying those LIKE him) they know how to hoop, holla, shout, give you an awesome word will even have you crying and all but - because they are so far from LIVING the gospel they preach they are false.

Now, don't get me wrong, I will pray for him and those like him because as Christians that's what we do, don't condemn but show love and pray for people but to keep saying "the enemy is busy" is a disservice to those who are turned away from the church and most importantly God because of incidents like this. NO one is saying they should be perfect and we shouldn't look to them to be God cause they are not and that would be worshipping false idols but c'mon, we've (Black Church) have gotta do better.

ITA with everything that you have said especially the bolded point.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

Monilove122 said:
I think that the Black Church is the problem with the Black Church. It's not always the enemy (although in some cases it is) but more times than many WE are the problem.

This is one of the major reasons I dont attend all black churches. Folks just messy. Right now as I type, there is a rumor going around this town about me that was started by the santified folks at the Holy Tabernacle Church of God In Christ, that I am a drug dealer. The only reason I can think of that would make them say this is because I do not work outside my home, they see me home everyday, my bills are being paid, I aint got no man, nothing being turned off disconnected or evicted. They dont know how I'm making it so they just assume and make it up as they go along.

Blackoutzangel05

ladydee36330 said:
This is one of the major reasons I dont attend all black churches. Folks just messy. Right now as I type, there is a rumor going around this town about me that was started by the santified folks at the Holy Tabernacle Church of God In Christ, that I am a drug dealer. The only reason I can think of that would make them say this is because I do not work outside my home, they see me home everyday, my bills are being paid, I aint got no man, nothing being turned off disconnected or evicted. They dont know how I'm making it so they just assume and make it up as they go along.

I believe that the church itself has been corrupted not just the black church. I know that there are good black churches out there, I have been to a few of them. White churches have their issues as well, hence the whole priests and their molestation charges. Its time that we stop accepting this and make a stand. Until we do that and stop worrying about black and white, we are going to continue to have problems. God seeks unity, not division...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
All churches have issues because we as human have issues. That is why we can't rely on man but God for our salvation and again I must say that we can't look at a few people to say that is why we don't go to church. Prayer will answer all things and God will direct you to the church that he will use you in. One day when I'm not falling alsleep I will post a testimony on being placed at the church God has oriented and not looking at the problems inside of the church. It so saddens me to hear saints say that " I don' t go to church because so and so did xyz. We are not in church to look at or please so and so but to worship and honor God.

Monilove122

LadyR said:
All churches have issues because we as human have issues. That is why we can't rely on man but God for our salvation and again I must say that we can't look at a few people to say that is why we don't go to church. Prayer will answer all things and God will direct you to the church that he will use you in. One day when I'm not falling alsleep I will post a testimony on being placed at the church God has oriented and not looking at the problems inside of the church. It so saddens me to hear saints say that " I don' t go to church because so and so did xyz. We are not in church to look at or please so and so but to worship and honor God.

Although I agree with you, you have to be at a point spiritually to understand the difference. And I'm sorry to say but the issue is that it's NOT a few, it's TOO MANY. Yes, all churches, dominations, etc. have issues but, in specific since we are talking about the Black church - we are messy. And I'm a church going, tithe paying, choir member who supports my church as well as others in the area, I'm on committees, give my time and energy to my church even on those days when I don't feel like it and most importantly I'm about UPLIFTING GOD'S KINGDOM. So again, I feel you and agree but, I so worry about those people who don't know God and those who have not matured enough in their faith to not be moved by what they see.

dreamer26

From where I stand, Man is calling Man and not God calling man.

Before God put you out on front street he first make sure you can handle being out there. He'll test you in private and get you ready for a public minisitry. I tell people we are God's children and he's not going to put anybody in public that can't obey him in private.

If we stop promoting people because of their status and looks and gender and community service and let God use whom he has chosen and annointed you will see a big difference in ministry. We keep getting what we're getting because many haven't turned from their wicked ways but they want to operate in their gift.

If we want to see change we (the church) has to turn back to God and stop modeling ourselves after the world.

IF MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME WOULD HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND PRAY AND SEEK MY FACE AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS, THEN WILL I HEAR FROM HEAVEN AND WILL FORGIVE THEIR SIN AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND. 2 Chronicles 7:14

This is the answer to our problem.

Shimmie

Staff member
Monilove122 said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly...no apology on your behalf is needed :kiss: I know indeed what you are saying. Just yesterday the Lord had me meditating upon this scripture:

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:3-5 NIV

Monilove, in regards to my statement about the Black Church, here's where the attack is....and the enemy is using it to the hilt and then some. satan is using so many things in this life that we as Blacks have lacked for so long, as our very own weapon against ourselves.

While God is blessing and raising us up, satan is right there using his wiles and schemes which are appealing to our life necessities, our flesh, sadly our egos, as his traps...'i.e.' "seeking whom he may devour" ---- "seeking even to deceive the very Elect of God." (pph).

Monilove, there IS a satanic plot against our race iin particular. Threre's something about us so powerful and so strong that it poses a serious threat to the enemy and to this world's system.

Angel, whatever is 'feared' the most, will be under the most attack. There's a reason, our weaknesses are so prominant and preyed upon. YES indeed we bear the responsibilites for our choices in this life. We're not robots and we do have extreme intelligence. Yet, it's being preyed upon. For as a race and a people, we are still struggling with a 'Struggle.' Our dignity, our hope for better, our lives to be unsuppressed. "We" still need to come out of the old run down neighborhoods; out of addictions, and immoral actitivies and other bondages...and heartaches. The list of our needs and woes is not unkown to us. And while we are so close, we are yet so far to be free. And why? Because once we as a Black nation have it together, there's no stopping us from crushing the enemy down whrere he truly belongs...under our feet.

Our men of God are being 'baited' out of their leadership (look at Dr. Martin Luther King), satan used his sexual weaknesses extensively. When a man gives up his sperm, he becomes 'weak' in the knees...rendering him unable to stand. If a man cannot stand, hence he will fall. Hence....Jamaal, and all of the others before him.

Yes, God calls our men, but satan goes out to destroy them; his whole objective to render the Black church without strong male leaders ... rendering us at a standstill to claim our heritage...as a strong people.

Yes, my beautiful sister, you are right, :up: we are responsible for our choices and that will never change. Yet, there is stil an attack, a war raged against us a Race to tear us apart and down. We have to be ready to rage back against this enemy and win.

Am I making some sort of sense with this? :).

Shimmie

Staff member
dreamer26 said:

Before God put you out on front street he first make sure you can handle being out there. He'll test you in private and get you ready for a public minisitry. I tell people we are God's children and he's not going to put anybody in public that can't obey him in private.

If we stop promoting people because of their status and looks and gender and community service and let God use whom he has chosen and annointed you will see a big difference in ministry. We keep getting what we're getting because many haven't turned from their wicked ways but they want to operate in their gift.

If we want to see change we (the church) has to turn back to God and stop modeling ourselves after the world.

IF MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME WOULD HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND PRAY AND SEEK MY FACE AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS, THEN WILL I HEAR FROM HEAVEN AND WILL FORGIVE THEIR SIN AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND. 2 Chronicles 7:14

I agree in too many cases of ministry, "Man is calling Man" and sadder satan is setting up his own churches for his own causes of entrapment. I truly believe that satan has strategically set up his 'own' for the sole purpose of bringing down the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Where is Samuel with the horn of oil?

Shimmie

Staff member
Monilove122 said:
Although I agree with you, you have to be at a point spiritually to understand the difference. And I'm sorry to say but the issue is that it's NOT a few, it's TOO MANY. Yes, all churches, dominations, etc. have issues but, in specific since we are talking about the Black church - we are messy. And I'm a church going, tithe paying, choir member who supports my church as well as others in the area, I'm on committees, give my time and energy to my church even on those days when I don't feel like it and most importantly I'm about UPLIFTING GOD'S KINGDOM. So again, I feel you and agree but, I so worry about those people who don't know God and those who have not matured enough in their faith to not be moved by what they see.

Yes we ARE messy and it is a Big Mess. A mess that many carry a stench with it. There is no sweet fragrance of incense 'as unto the Lord...."

And here's why: We've compromise ourselves. We've sold out to the world. Literally, we have sold our souls out in compromise. We're using substitutes for God; "Cain's Offerings"; Plastic Prayers.....:( Paper Hearts. Hearts once set on fire for God are now literally ash...blown by every wind and doctrine.

Yes, we are indeed 'messy.'

Shimmie

Staff member
ladydee36330 said:

I just read this and I am so sorry that this happen to you. Yet, this word comes to mind for you from the heart of our Father in Heaven...

"I find no fault in you..." :kiss:

Monilove122

Shimmie said:
I agree with you wholeheartedly...no apology on your behalf is needed :kiss: I know indeed what you are saying. Just yesterday the Lord had me meditating upon this scripture:

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:3-5 NIV

Monilove, in regards to my statement about the Black Church, here's where the attack is....and the enemy is using it to the hilt and then some. satan is using so many things in this life that we as Blacks have lacked for so long, as our very own weapon against ourselves.

While God is blessing and raising us up, satan is right there using his wiles and schemes which are appealing to our life necessities, our flesh, sadly our egos, as his traps...'i.e.' "seeking whom he may devour" ---- "seeking even to deceive the very Elect of God." (pph).

Monilove, there IS a satanic plot against our race iin particular. Threre's something about us so powerful and so strong that it poses a serious threat to the enemy and to this world's system.

Angel, whatever is 'feared' the most, will be under the most attack. There's a reason, our weaknesses are so prominant and preyed upon. YES indeed we bear the responsibilites for our choices in this life. We're not robots and we do have extreme intelligence. Yet, it's being preyed upon. For as a race and a people, we are still struggling with a 'Struggle.' Our dignity, our hope for better, our lives to be unsuppressed. "We" still need to come out of the old run down neighborhoods; out of addictions, and immoral actitivies and other bondages...and heartaches. The list of our needs and woes is not unkown to us. And while we are so close, we are yet so far to be free. And why? Because once we as a Black nation have it together, there's no stopping us from crushing the enemy down whrere he truly belongs...under our feet.

Our men of God are being 'baited' out of their leadership (look at Dr. Martin Luther King), satan used his sexual weaknesses extensively. When a man gives up his sperm, he becomes 'weak' in the knees...rendering him unable to stand. If a man cannot stand, hence he will fall. Hence....Jamaal, and all of the others before him.

Yes, God calls our men, but satan goes out to destroy them; his whole objective to render the Black church without strong male leaders ... rendering us at a standstill to claim our heritage...as a strong people.

Yes, my beautiful sister, you are right, :up: we are responsible for our choices and that will never change. Yet, there is stil an attack, a war raged against us a Race to tear us apart and down. We have to be ready to rage back against this enemy and win.

Am I making some sort of sense with this? :).

Yes, you are making perfect sense and I do agree with all that you have said. My only issue is this, I think that sometimes we (in this case church in general) make others believe that all that is wrong is the work of satan and that is not true. I believe it was TD Jakes who preached a sermon titled something like "It ain't always the devil's fault" and he got into this very issue. We blame satan for all the wrongs to take away OUR part in the mess. Now, I'm not saying at all that satan does not attack the body of Christ as a whole cause we KNOW he is busy, I've seen it as of late within my own church - and I hear what you are saying in regards to us having temptations these days that may weaken some but the problem lies in the fact that it's happening TOO OFTEN. So, who is really for the things they are preaching about? Who is really grounded in God and not easily swayed by their flesh. I'm not comparing myself to anyone else and I know there is temptation they are faced with I couldn't even begin to understand but heck, I can say no to things and I ain't nobody's pastor, why can't they.

This is not at all to take away from all of the Pastors who have God's agenda in their heart and not their own because there are MANY of them but, again, I was just speaking in regards to those hearing these types of stories who are not yet ready to differentiate between these stories and their walk with God. I have family members, friends, etc. who tell me things like if I'm going to have a pastor that's a pimp I might as well stay out in the street. Not realizing that for every Jamal Bryant (or someone like him) there are 50 AWESOME Pastors who are concerned about their souls.

I think what would make the difference is to see more people "sat down" (LOL) or disciplined in some way for their actions. I mean if the bible says "thou shalt not commit adultery" and one of the married ministers is sleeping with a few ladies from the church why is he still presiding every Sunday or in charge of Sunday School, etc. That's where I have the issue, yes you forgive them, you pray for them/with them, don't condemn or treat them different BUT don't stand up in church telling folks how to live if you are so far from living right it doesn't even make sense.

crlsweetie912

dreamer26 said:

WOW! One of my favorite scriptures. I love this. ITA with your whole post!

Monilove122

Shimmie said:
Yes we ARE messy and it is a Big Mess. A mess that many carry a stench with it. There is no sweet fragrance of incense 'as unto the Lord...."

And here's why: We've compromise ourselves. We've sold out to the world. Literally, we have sold our souls out in compromise. We're using substitutes for God; "Cain's Offerings"; Plastic Prayers.....:( Paper Hearts. Hearts once set on fire for God are now literally ash...blown by every wind and doctrine.

Yes, we are indeed 'messy.'

Shimmie, you are so right!!! We have sold out and where there used to be a clear line between church and the world it's not there anymore. The things I see people wear, the way they act, I really saw a guy doing the cabbage patch and walking it out when he was shouting the other Sunday when we visited another church and I'm like WITW??!!!! LOL :lachen:

crlsweetie912

Moni I totally agree with your posts! There is no "consequence" for actions that are not Christlike. This is a societal (not a word) problem that leaks its way in the church. We are supposed to be a different people and out actions should reflect as such.

Matthew 5:
13"You are the salt of the earth; but (Q)if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

14"You are (R)the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;

15(S)nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

16"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may (T)see your good works, and (U)glorify your Father who is in heaven.

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the (V)Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

18"For truly I say to you, (W)until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

19"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least (X)in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 17

1He said to His disciples, "(A)It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!

2"(B)It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.

3"Be on your guard! (C)If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

4"And if he sins against you (D)seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

ETA: We definitely need to pray and forgive, but the line is where we need to be careful not to condone the sin. The sin is the problem.

Shimmie

Staff member
Monilove122 said:
Yes, you are making perfect sense and I do agree with all that you have said. My only issue is this, I think that sometimes we (in this case church in general) make others believe that all that is wrong is the work of satan and that is not true. I believe it was TD Jakes who preached a sermon titled something like "It ain't always the devil's fault" and he got into this very issue. We blame satan for all the wrongs to take away OUR part in the mess. Now, I'm not saying at all that satan does not attack the body of Christ as a whole cause we KNOW he is busy, I've seen it as of late within my own church - and I hear what you are saying in regards to us having temptations these days that may weaken some but the problem lies in the fact that it's happening TOO OFTEN. So, who is really for the things they are preaching about? Who is really grounded in God and not easily swayed by their flesh. I'm not comparing myself to anyone else and I know there is temptation they are faced with I couldn't even begin to understand but heck, I can say no to things and I ain't nobody's pastor, why can't they.

This is not at all to take away from all of the Pastors who have God's agenda in their heart and not their own because there are MANY of them but, again, I was just speaking in regards to those hearing these types of stories who are not yet ready to differentiate between these stories and their walk with God. I have family members, friends, etc. who tell me things like if I'm going to have a pastor that's a pimp I might as well stay out in the street. Not realizing that for every Jamal Bryant (or someone like him) there are 50 AWESOME Pastors who are concerned about their souls.

I think what would make the difference is to see more people "sat down" (LOL) or disciplined in some way for their actions. I mean if the bible says "thou shalt not commit adultery" and one of the married ministers is sleeping with a few ladies from the church why is he still presiding every Sunday or in charge of Sunday School, etc. That's where I have the issue, yes you forgive them, you pray for them/with them, don't condemn or treat them different BUT don't stand up in church telling folks how to live if you are so far from living right it doesn't even make sense.
Amen Monilove... Amen. Just because satan has the influence, doesn't mean he has the power. It's still up to us to yield or not to yield. Even God has our back in all of this.

"For 'He' (God) our Father in Heaven and in Earth...

Leads us not into temptation;
He delivers us from ALL evil;
He leadeth us into the paths of Righteousness for His namesake (He has put His name on the line for us);
His word is a light unto our path and a lamp unto our feet;
Our ears shall hear His word behind it saying, "This is the way, walk ye in it."
We are His sheep, therefore we know His voice and that of a stranger, we will not follow.

And Monilove, has He not, prepared a way of escape for each of us...? Indeed He has. We do not have to follow satan's path of destruction.

Indeed you are right. Afterall, each of us here have made a choice on who not to follow.... :yep: It's the choice of weakness which has come into the Church compromising with the wrong influence.

((( hugs ))) ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
crlsweetie912 said:
Moni I totally agree with your posts! There is no "consequence" for actions that are not Christlike. This is a societal (not a word) problem that leaks its way in the church. We are supposed to be a different people and out actions should reflect as such.

Matthew 5:
13"You are the salt of the earth; but (Q)if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.

14"You are (R)the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;

15(S)nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

16"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may (T)see your good works, and (U)glorify your Father who is in heaven.

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the (V)Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

18"For truly I say to you, (W)until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

19"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least (X)in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 17

1He said to His disciples, "(A)It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!

2"(B)It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.

3"Be on your guard! (C)If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

4"And if he sins against you (D)seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

ETA: We definitely need to pray and forgive, but the line is where we need to be careful not to condone the sin. The sin is the problem.

Excellent Post... ;).

It makes me sad, that I live so close to this area. Of course it's sad to happen anywhere. But he's the Pastor who purchased the former Church building that I used to worship in....

It's almost like that same spirit that attached itsself to my former Pastor who taught in this same building has attached itsself to Bryant. So much tragedy occurred in that building; divorces; deaths; spiritual tragedies. :sad: :nono:

It was only by God's grace and mercy that I and many others were protected from it all...

Too close to home...too close... :sad:

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

Shimmie said:
Excellent Post... ;).

It makes me sad, that I live so close to this area. Of course it's sad to happen anywhere. But he's the Pastor who purchased the former Church building that I used to worship in....

It's almost like that same spirit that attached itsself to my former Pastor who taught in this same building has attached itsself to Bryant. So much tragedy occurred in that building; divorces; deaths; spiritual tragedies. :sad: :nono:

It was only by God's grace and mercy that I and many others were protected from it all...

Too close to home...too close... :sad:

I know Shimmie:
This is Very close to me as well. It almost hurts to hear others talking about it. Especially since I know people who are/have been touched by this. As well as the numerous people who are saying "see I told you" about pastors. Thinking that this is the norm and the this is why I don't go to church comments.

But, what's done in the dark ALWAYS comes to light. The thing that I pray for the most is the people in this congregation who are struggling with their relationship with Christ. They need Him now more than ever.

Shimmie

Staff member
Monilove122 said:
Shimmie, you are so right!!! We have sold out and where there used to be a clear line between church and the world it's not there anymore. The things I see people wear, the way they act, I really saw a guy doing the cabbage patch and walking it out when he was shouting the other Sunday when we visited another church and I'm like WITW??!!!! LOL :lachen:
Monilove, I 'love' :love: your 'WITW"...a WELCOME change to WT___ :look: I've often wanted to us WOE ("what on earth") but it still says Woe.... like someone is in woe or despair. :lol:

crlsweetie912

Shimmie said:
Monilove, I 'love' :love: your 'WITW"...a WELCOME change to WT___ :look: I've often wanted to us WOE ("what on earth") but it still says Woe.... like someone is in woe or despair. :lol:

WITW=What in the World?:confused:

Blossssom

Here is your false prophet:

False prophet is a label given to a person who is viewed as illegitimately claiming charismatic authority within a religious group.

Shim, I've always believed a false prophet to be an alleged 'man of God' who doesn't practice what he preaches.

Monilove122

Blossssom said:

False prophet is a label given to a person who is viewed as illegitimately claiming charismatic authority within a religious group.

Shim, I've always believed a false prophet to be an alleged 'man of God' who doesn't practice what he preaches.

Blossom, I agree. It's like they are doing one thing which most times is the COMPLETE opposite of what they are preaching which in turn is the COMPLETE opposite of the word of God.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Blossssom said:

I 'hear' you. ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
Monilove122 said:
Blossom, I agree. It's like they are doing one thing which most times is the COMPLETELY opposite of what they are preaching which in turn is the COMPLETE opposite of the word of God.
You can't fake MTG or Jesus....;)

Monilove122

Shimmie said:
I love that new acronym (WITW). (Ummm, new to me that is... :lol:)

LOL, you are too funny. I don't think it's that new but I use it probably too much. I actually found myself talking to a friend on the phone and said 'Girl, WITW'. Yes, I said the letters like I was on the danggone internet :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: . The other one I use is WTH = What The Heck.