Jamal Bryant Files For Divorce - Wife files Also

Favor2000

Info below posted and given by church members of his Church. See Maryland state site for divorce filing below.

"Bryant filed for divorce on 1/9/08 and his wife filed same day.

Ungodly relationship was doomed from beginning never gloried God.

Bryant -Lost focus, married carnal women, continued to make bad descisions.

Wife - Concern with $400. shoes but .10 cent brain, did not speak to people in to church, never brought bible, slept her way into the Church."

Jamal filing aganist her.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=24D08000091&loc=69&detailLoc=CC

Wife filing aganist him.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=67460FL&loc=68&detailLoc=MCCI

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
He's in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a sad 'afront' to the Church. :nono::nono::nono:

Favor2000

Yes, he has church called EmpowermentTemple a family member of mine use to go and had to stop because comments he made at church about fornication. She stated that he and his finance at the time were sexually active right in front of Church and leaders of church tried to step in. Apparently, he was engage with this women several years ago but broke it off two weeks before the wedding because people complained in the Church of her ungodly attitude towards them and other problems he had with her. Then two years later they were back together. She is a woman who goes after a man's weakness and not his strength. According to my family member she stated the whole church was praying he would not marry her because the relationship was not spiritual.

Bryant got caught up in his sin again and made comments to the Church weeks before he married her that "Some people state that you should be celibate until marriage but the truth of the matter is when your anointing increases so does your spiritual appetite". She said every grasp when he said this and never apologize or change it but with off into the sun set.

They need lots of prayer but God will not be mocked. Unfortunately, you reap what you sow and God had to do some things since Bryant has numerous children from several women. This information is not slander but the truth God had to do something since there are so many young people who went to his church.

Bryant's Children thus far

Daughter age 11 - Before marriage - woman A

Daughter age 7 - Before marriage - women B (He just recently acknowledged due to court case against him last Fall which some posted on this site)

Twin Daughters age 2 - From present wife -women C

Daughter age 3 - From present wife - women C

Twin Sons - age 4 months old born Fall 2007(while married) women D; Bryant had a relationship with 17 year old girl in his Church who got pregnant and then Bryant and his friends harassed girl to not give baby his name and to tell others to a point she went into labor early and lost one of the boys. The girl's mother filed charges against him and this was also posted on this site with the court documents.

Prayer, Prayer and more Prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The devil is busy.

Should I not be surprised Bryant still has a ministry after all of this mess? I wonder if his members feel the same way he feels about premarital and extra martial activity. :perplexed

envybeauty

As pastor said today, not every crowd is a congregation.

if everyone who disagreed with his ministry/lifestyle would stop attending/giving to his church, then he would have nothing to support his lifestyle.

moreover, where was the mother of the 17 y-o when she was laying with her married pastor...certainly she did not get pregnant the first time she slept with him... i doubt that.

Honey6928215

I read about it on another site. If you ask me it's about time. That woman has been put through so much because of him. I wish her the best.

dreamer26

This is sad, but God is cleaning up his leaders. We have an issue in my state now dealing with a pastor and teenagers and sex.

Yes, Pastor's are human and they sin and they fall, but when they willfully day after day after day, after day, keep doing the same thing without any guilt and continue to preach as though they have a get out of sin free card God has to expose that.

It is praying time for the church. Before we can become a weapon to the enemy God has to clean us up and he starts with his head/leaders.

Nice & Wavy

This is sad, but God is cleaning up his leaders. We have an issue in my state now dealing with a pastor and teenagers and sex.

Yes, Pastor's are human and they sin and they fall, but when they willfully day after day after day, after day, keep doing the same thing without any guilt and continue to preach as though they have a get out of sin free card God has to expose that.

It is praying time for the church. Before we can become a weapon to the enemy God has to clean us up and he starts with his head/leaders.

As a pastor, I totally agree with this post. God is cleaning house and as I sit here thinking about what is going on in the Body of Christ, it sickens me to see these things take place.

The church on a whole is changing. There are so many people who are falling by the wayside....and on the other hand, there are so many people who are coming to the knowledge of the truth and are ready to fulfill the Call.

It is really hard to see this unfold...however, I'm getting excited because I know that God's greatest plan for the church is about to be revealed and the people of God will go forth and do great exploits!

We must remain stedfast and prayerful during this great season of change. As we do, we must grab ahold of each other and encourage one another in the Lord...for this will keep us focused....helping us ALL to press toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus.

Blessings and thanks for this post, dreamer26!

dreamer26

As a pastor, I totally agree with this post. God is cleaning house and as I sit here thinking about what is going on in the Body of Christ, it sickens me to see these things take place.

The church on a whole is changing. There are so many people who are falling by the wayside....and on the other hand, there are so many people who are coming to the knowledge of the truth and are ready to fulfill the Call.

It is really hard to see this unfold...however, I'm getting excited because I know that God's greatest plan for the church is about to be revealed and the people of God will go forth and do great exploits!

We must remain stedfast and prayerful during this great season of change. As we do, we must grab ahold of each other and encourage one another in the Lord...for this will keep us focused....helping us ALL to press toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus.

Blessings and thanks for this post, dreamer26!

Yes we must all press towards the mark because after the leaders are cleaned up he's coming for the body.

Blessing to you to N&W

firecracker

As pastor said today, not every crowd is a congregation.

if everyone who disagreed with his ministry/lifestyle would stop attending/giving to his church, then he would have nothing to support his lifestyle.

moreover, where was the mother of the 17 y-o when she was laying with her married pastor...certainly she did not get pregnant the first time she slept with him... i doubt that.
I feel you but the fact and fault begins with the adult that willing goes into a sexual relationship with a minor. Its the adult that knows better and the law. Even if she was a hawt azzed 17 year old, she is still the child in an adult situation. Aiding and abetting falls on the adult. :ohwell:

firecracker

Wait, so he told his parishioners that sex before marriage is okay?
I think he implied something or other about increasing spiritual appetite. Doesn't he mean his sexual appetite because a grown spiritual appetite would make him seek the word not somebody's thong!:sad:

envybeauty

I feel you but the fact and fault begins with the adult that willing goes into a sexual relationship with a minor. Its the adult that knows better and the law. Even if she was a hawt azzed 17 year old, she is still the child in an adult situation. Aiding and abetting falls on the adult. :ohwell:

True. But we cannot absolve liability of ALL parties involved. Him being guilty does not absolve the mother of raising her child better and looking out for her child. As you stated, the 17 year old is still a child and her mother is still her guardian in ALL circumstances.

Mother and father....where was her father too as mothers should not bear the blunt of a child's development.

Nice & Wavy

True. But we cannot absolve liability of ALL parties involved. Him being guilty does not absolve the mother of raising her child better and looking out for her child. As you stated, the 17 year old is still a child and her mother is still her guardian in ALL circumstances.

Mother and father....where was her father too as mothers should not bear the blunt of a child's development.

As a person who got pregnant at age 16 by an adult (24 yr old) I have to say that it was so not my parents fault that I got pregnant. I did these things when they thought I was in school, or was at an after-school event, or over my friends house. Of course, when they found out, it was already too late, all they did was encourage me to take care of my child. They were not happy that I lied to them and deceived them the whole time.

When you are that age, you know exactly what you are doing. I'm sure her parents didn't know it was going on with this man...I'm sure they would have stepped in and handled their business.

My mother and father raised me with love and discipline. I still went and did what I wanted to do. They were wonderful parents to me...I couldn't have asked for better. I made the decision to dishonor them, just like this girl did with her parents, so I think it's unfair to the parents in this situation.

zora

Give the mom and dad a break. I'm not sure if you have teenaged kids, but some kids will do what they want to do regardless how well they are brought up.

I was a pretty good kid growing up, but I did falter a few times and I can't blame my parents for making an independent decision.

It's just unfortunate how certain sins reflect on a family more so than others.

envybeauty

I think it is fair. My parents raised me too with love and discipline and I did not get pregnant at 16. I'm not knocking you or any other teenage parent, because different strokes for different folks. There are no guarantees in life but just because it happens to someone does not mean that it has to happen that way.

How many times have we heard about teenagers committing things unbeknown to the parents, yet we question where were the parents? I believe we should do so and do so more often. In fact, I believe people used to do it more often and we were better for it.

ETA: I believe it is because people don't look to the parents why we now have people calling little 12 year old girls fast when they are having sex and showing up pregnant. :rolleyes:

As a person who got pregnant at age 16 by an adult (24 yr old) I have to say that it was so not my parents fault that I got pregnant. I did these things when they thought I was in school, or was at an after-school event, or over my friends house. Of course, when they found out, it was already too late, all they did was encourage me to take care of my child. They were not happy that I lied to them and deceived them the whole time.

When you are that age, you know exactly what you are doing. I'm sure her parents didn't know it was going on with this man...I'm sure they would have stepped in and handled their business.

My mother and father raised me with love and discipline. I still went and did what I wanted to do. They were wonderful parents to me...I couldn't have asked for better. I made the decision to dishonor them, just like this girl did with her parents, so I think it's unfair to the parents in this situation.

Last edited:

firecracker

nyv you know hawtazzez (male & female/child & adult) will find a way to get their freak on during lunch break, lunch hour, school hours, track practice, church service, choir practice, revival, recitals etc.

All humans can be quite creative when it comes to sneaking and lying. :yep:

I see and get picked up on by plenty fine youngen's but errahhhh if your my son's age thats nasty and off limits!:lachen: A minor = Poof be Gone!:nono:

envybeauty

nyv you know hawtazzez (male & female/child & adult) will find a way to get their freak on during lunch break, lunch hour, school hours, track practice, church service, choir practice, revival, recitals etc.

All humans can be quite creative when it comes to sneaking and lying. :yep:

I see and get picked up on by plenty fine youngen's but errahhhh if your my son's age thats nasty and off limits!:lachen: A minor = Poof be Gone!:nono:

don't get me wrong...i hear ya!

Nice & Wavy

I think it is fair. My parents raised me too with love and discipline and I did not get pregnant at 16. I'm not knocking you or any other teenage parent, because different strokes for different folks. There are no guarantees in life but just because it happens to someone does not mean that it has to happen that way.

How many times have we heard about teenagers committing things unbeknown to the parents, yet we question where were the parents? I believe we should do so and do so more often. In fact, I believe people used to do it more often and we were better for it.

ETA: I believe it is because people don't look to the parents why we now have people calling little 12 year old girls fast when they are having sex and showing up pregnant. :rolleyes:

Well, you have the right to disagree:yep:

However, only God is Omni-present...not man. Parents have lives too and can't be everywhere at one time with the child. Children are going to do whatever they want to do if they can get away with it.

As a woman who has had a child/teen, I understand the importance of keeping your eye out on your child. I was a very good parent to my son...did everything I was supposed to do as a parent and still, my son went and made poor decisions and then had to pay a price for what he did. I'm not going to take the blame for his decisions. I taught him, he made a decision and then he had to pay for it. Period.

Blessings.

glamazon386

The devil is busy.

Should I not be surprised Bryant still has a ministry after all of this mess? I wonder if his members feel the same way he feels about premarital and extra martial activity. :perplexed

Apparently they sat him down for a period of time because of the thing with the teenage girl. I'm not sure what he's doing now. A lot of people left the church. I met him once before at an event at my own church and I didn't like the vibe I got. I used to like to watch him on tv but I can't even bring myself to do that anymore.

Southernbella.

Wow. That church has really been through a lot.

I remember looking at his website and thinking that something didn't seem right. There were no scriptures or crosses anywhere, just the dashboard of a Mercedes.:ohwell:

Coffee

Wow this is too sad! I'm sure his father is extremely upset over this. His Father is the Bishop of the 9th District of the AME Church.

Keen

Well, you have the right to disagree:yep:

However, only God is Omni-present...not man. Parents have lives too and can't be everywhere at one time with the child. Children are going to do whatever they want to do if they can get away with it.

As a woman who has had a child/teen, I understand the importance of keeping your eye out on your child. I was a very good parent to my son...did everything I was supposed to do as a parent and still, my son went and made poor decisions and then had to pay a price for what he did. I'm not going to take the blame for his decisions. I taught him, he made a decision and then he had to pay for it. Period.

Blessings.

I understand where you are coming from. You an instill good values but you can't be with that child all the time. Teenagers will figure out how to get around the rules if they want to. A parent can only set good bases but there are no guarantees no matter how much you try.

Without knowing the girl's parents, the pastor should have been responsible. Not to be funny but maybe he convince her being with him would increase her spirituality.

Nice & Wavy

I understand where you are coming from. You an instill good values but you can't be with that child all the time. Teenagers will figure out how to get around the rules if they want to. A parent can only set good bases but there are no guarantees no matter how much you try.

Without knowing the girl's parents, the pastor should have been responsible. Not to be funny but maybe he convince her being with him would increase her spirituality.

Absolutely....the pastor IS responsible and shall pay a great price for what he has done. He may have convinced her of something, just like any other man in any other profession will convince a young girl of having sex with him. Because he is a pastor, he should know better. When you know better, you do better.

My dh always says....lust and perversion knows know end...it keeps growing and growing until it destroys everything around it.