Jamican Black Castor Oil??? IS it a MUST-have?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I use black CO from Dominica. CO really is good for the scalp to soothe dry scalp, so it's a must-have for that problem, IMHO. I had to whip mine out b/c my scalp is getting dry this winter. Never used JBCO to tell the difference, but I'm sure what I have is comparable. :yep:

AlliCat

It's my staple oil. makes my hair really soft. And thickens my hair. I use it for scalp massages and to oil my ends. A little really goes a long way...I've had my bottle (8oz I believe) for a year and it's only half done

Minty

I'll let you know when I've finished working through this case I have. It doesn't smell woodsy to me at all.

When I'm done I'll go to regular CO. But then again, there are other oils I'd like to try also. I also can't say its done "wonders" for my hair as others would say. I've done so many other things, CO is a nice addition but it alone will only do so much.

Renee29

I love it for deep conditions, hot oil treatments and on my scalp overnight. I sometimes mix it with almond oil to thin it. I have noticed thickening when i'm consistant. I only use a small amount or it will cake up. When stretching, it works wonders on taming my new growth.

Phaer

I mix mines with Aloe vera gel and apply it at least every other day. I learn about this from my mom. Back when I was in high school, I was standing around during gym playing with my hair, and my fingers found a BALD spot in the back of my head, I am talking BABY SMOOTH, NO HINT OF ANY HAIR EVER BALD!!!! needless to say I was freaking out. I went to visit my mom in haiti during the summer and she used AV and JBCO every day and at the end of summer my hair had grown back nice and thick. That is why to this day I swear by it. NEVER EVER WILL I BE WITHOUT JBCO!! smell or no smell, the results for me makes up for any negatives.
For the ones that apply jamaican black castor oil to your scalp how often do you apply it your scalp..because i have some thinning areas in the front of my head which I trying to grow from getting hair braided too tight.

Last edited:

janda

I bought the Tropical Isle JBCO and don't know if I can get over the smell. I think it smells like an ashtray. How do you deal with the smell?

Kay.Dee

I love it too, it really helps my hair but sometimes I can't...the lavendar scented one was even worse. I get nauseated with smells sometimes and this has been triggering me lately.

Quita3514

I actually don't think the smell is that bad...I can tolerate it..it better than all that synthetic purfume stuff they throw in products.

www.startinfromsquareone.blogspot.com