Jan 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 What Are Your Weekly Hair Plans?

toaster

I did my usual kinky curly wash and go today and will do the same on Thursday.

We are going home on Sunday and some new products have arrived that I can’t wait to test! We’ll be quarantined at home anyway, so no one will see if they fail.

Sunday:
Shampoo with carols daughter wash day delight
Condition with briogeo banana conditioner
DC with Curlsmith hydrocreme something or other?
Wash and go with the doux pop lock
Bonnet dry for 50 minutes

I also thought I’d provide a review of the products I brought with me for a 2 week stay with family out of town:

2 ounce bottle of innersense hydrating hair bath. I love this shampoo and use it at home as well. If this was a swimming trip I would have brought a more all purpose shampoo, but this gentle shampoo is one of my faves.

Innersense hydrating conditioner. Love this stuff too. If I travel again I’d probably bring a briogeo conditioner, but that’s only because innersense has a pump and briogeo has a cap. Easier to pack in a suitcase.

Kinky curly knot today and curling custard. Styling go to’s! No glycerin so I didn’t have to worry about frizzing or my hair poofing. I love these.

My only thought is I probably could have conditioned and detangled with the knot today and left it in before applying the curling custard. That way I’d only need 3 products.

My dyson dryer with diffuser attachment. Bomb dot com. Gets my hair 80% dry in 23 minutes. Lightweight. Travels well. Love it.

discodumpling

I'm back! Yesterday's set was the flakiest set I've had in a long time! Even DH (who knows better) had something to say. So I'm back under the dryer this evening

Wash: KCCC
Condition: Natures Advantage Honey Almond ( an oldie but a consistent goodie!)
Leavein: Mielle Honey Pom
Moisture: Lustrasilk Moisture Maxx ( I skipped this step yesterday; hence the flakes)
Gel: Eco Olive Oil
This will keep until my Sunday wash!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I'm keeping mine in bantu knots styled over the weekend. I will be apply my [coconut oil/caffeinated coffee/amla/fenugreek/onion juice] oil mix, applying it to my scalp, and covering w/a cap for the rest of the week. This concoction is a keeper for me as it REALLY helped lessen shedding last week. I'm hoping the amla and caffeine will also awaken follicles. Not sure what I'll be using for shampoo day.

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I don't know what to do.
Henna has changed my hair from high porosity to low porosity, so now I'm having trouble keeping my hair moisturized. My hair is currently soft and dry.
I love Henna for how it protects my hair, but the porosity change is difficult for me to deal with.

Thursday, I'm going to try the following:

Wash w/ Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo (old stash)
DC w/ APB OMG (most moisturizing conditioner I have)
LI: TBD
Style: 2 plaits pinned back

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Thursday
Wash:
homemade clay wash
Moisture: Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter
Seal: Yaya Creations Chébé Butter

Because I feel that shampoos leave my hair really dry and I wanted to try something that would be more gentle. I attempted to do a clay wash with rhassoul clay hair and bentonite clay. My hair is clean but my scalp isn't as clean as I would like. I think i need to let the clay mask sit on my scalp longer and I don't need as much of the recipe as I thought. Here is the recipe I used:

1/2 cup rhassoul clay
1/2 cup bentonite clay
1 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp grapeseed oil

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I don't know what to do.
Henna has changed my hair from high porosity to low porosity, so now I'm having trouble keeping my hair moisturized. My hair is currently soft and dry.
I love Henna for how it protects my hair, but the porosity change is difficult for me to deal with.

Thursday, I'm going to try the following:

Wash w/ Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo (old stash)
DC w/ APB OMG (most moisturizing conditioner I have)
LI: TBD
Style: 2 plaits pinned back
After some great suggestions from a few ladies on this platform, I am revamping my wash day for this week.

Friday, I will do the following:

Pre-poo/detangle w/ Sirod Natural Fermented Rice LI and plait in 4 sections
Shampoo w/ Bask & Bloom Rhassoul Clay bar
Steam w/ APB OMG & Mimi's Curls Hair oil
Blowdry w/ IGK Good Behavior Smoothing Spray
Flatiron

Hoping for moisturized, frizz-free hair.

lindseyerinc

Today
Cowash: Trader Joe's nourish spa
Leave-in: melanin, kerastase creme magistral, kerastase oleo relax oil

I use a scarf to lay my edges and when my hair is halfway dry I put a small layer of shea butter on the midshaft and ends. I'm still airdrying and using my Felicia Leatherwood brush to put my hair into two big twists. My curls are about a 3a/b now and brushes and dries straight.

Neomorph

Tonight
Herbal Hair Spritz and Sweet Almond Oil

Tomorrow
Detangle: Herbal Hair Spritz Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp + Wet Brush
Shampoo: Nizoral
Conditioner: SSI Royal Honey and Argan Oil Mask
Leave-In: Kinky Curly Knot Today
Gel: Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Oil: Sunny Isle JBCO Butter/Sweet Almond Oil mix

Will Flat Twist my hair

HealthyHair2020

Tonight
Prepoo: Melanin Haircare Leave In + Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Oil

Tomorrow
Shampoo: Mielle Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Green Beauty REAL Protein Treatment + TGIN Rose Water DC
Leave In: Mielle Pomegranate and Honey Leave In
Cream: Melanin Haircare Cream
Oil: Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Oil
Gel: Wetline Gel

Not sure if I want to use the gel or not but I'm thinking about doing large braids. I think since I stopped using gel during the pandemic, my scalp is not as itchy as it used to be.

Last edited:

GGsKin

Before bed:
Finger detangle and dampen hair. Add coffee+fenugreek oil to scalp massage, smoothing through hair.
Clay mix of rhassoul, water, MO Babassu Oil+Mint, onion skin tonic and silk amino acids.
Wrap and steam. Leave overnight.

GGsKin

Before bed:
Finger detangle and dampen hair. Add coffee+fenugreek oil to scalp massage, smoothing through hair.
Clay mix of rhassoul, water, MO Babassu Oil+Mint, onion skin tonic and silk amino acids.
Wrap and steam. Leave overnight.
Rinsed, and shampooed with Cantu (moisturising) shampoo.
DC with Tropic Hair Feast and CR Algae Renew
Steam in shower.
Rinse, leave-in: SSI Juicy Curls + CR Curl Love Moisture Milk,
Style with Entwine Creme Jelle Styler and set on flexis and a few perm rods.
Diffuse and tie with silk scarf.

naturalyogini

Washed hair with bellebarorganics hibiscus black soap. Deep conditioned with Jlexillc Bamboo DE Conditioner. My hair was super soft but tangled. I lost a lot of hair detangling. Next time I need to pre shampoo detangle.

HealthyHair2020

Tonight
Prepoo: Melanin Haircare Leave In + Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Oil

Tomorrow
Shampoo: Mielle Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Protein Treatment: Green Beauty REAL Protein Treatment + TGIN Rose Water DC
Leave In: Mielle Pomegranate and Honey Leave In
Cream: Melanin Haircare Cream
Oil: Camille Rose Cocoa Nibs Oil
Gel: Wetline Gel

Not sure if I want to use the gel or not but I'm thinking about doing large braids. I think since I stopped using gel during the pandemic, my scalp is not as itchy as it used to be.
Well I finally got off my butt and did wash day today. Didn't use any gel.