Jan 13 14 15 16 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

trueimage.

Saturday
Pre-poo: Coconut Oil 1hr 30min
Cleanse: Keracare Hydrating Shampoo
DC: She Scent It Avocado Moisturizing Conditioner 1hr
Leave-in: She Scent It Coco Creme and seal with she scent it Honey & Castor Softening Balm

Air dry then blow dry on COOL

vevster

AnnCarole's Co Wash
SM JBCO Deep Conditioner (15 minutes, no heat)
Alikay Natural's Milk Conditioner for post protein moisture
Spray Leave in (I will choose from JC's Revitilizing or Mielle Organic's White Peony)
The GOAT: SM JBCO Leave in Conditiner
Deva Curl's A Beautiful Mess to smooth edges where needed.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

However, I may try coiling my hair so in that case:

AnnCarole's Co Wash
SM JBCO Deep Conditioner (15 minutes, no heat)
Alikay Natural's Milk Conditioner for post protein moisture
Jakeala's Plaintain Leave in or I will buy the Design Essentials Almond & Avocado Leave In
The SM Hibiscus Mousse or another mousse from inventory.

I may do both! Its a long weekend.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Before MLK weekend is over, I'll do the following:
  • Pre-poo overnight with Dabur Vatika Oil
  • Cleanse with Joico K-P@k Clarifying Poo
  • Henna treatment overnight
  • Co-wash out with GVP Conditioning Balm
  • DC with SD Raspberry CoConut Affair
  • LCOB w/??????
  • Set in five Celie braids for signature braid out

Aggie

As always, I am not sure what i will be doing with my hair today and tomorrow. I'm tempted to finally try my 22nd Century Poo and Dc but not sure yet. I hear i have to use the DC best as an overnight DC but right now it's very cold since it's been in the refrigerator and I don't want to put cold wet stuff on my hair right now. I don't know what to do yet. I'll wait it out for a while and see.

Aggie

As always, I am not sure what i will be doing with my hair today and tomorrow. I'm tempted to finally try my 22nd Century Poo and Dc but not sure yet. I hear i have to use the DC best as an overnight DC but right now it's very cold since it's been in the refrigerator and I don't want to put cold wet stuff on my hair right now. I don't know what to do yet. I'll wait it out for a while and see.

So I opened the 22nd Century DC and it was cool but not very cold. I proceeded to apply it to my dry hair and it is very oily as others have stated. I have to sleep with a plastic cap over it so I don't soil my pillows. I guess I'm doing a GHE tonight and washing it out tomorrow morning. Will update then.

Aggie

This morning I used the 22nd Century Peppermint shampoo bar and it sud up really good plus it cleaned my hair without stripping it. I now have some Annabelle's Moisturizing Conditioner on my hair.

One thing I should make a note of. After I rinsed out the 22nd Century Conditioner and washed with the shampoo bar and rinsed that out, my hair felt light and it clumped beautifully. I do like how the 22nd Century DC feels on my hair though.

These I will not use to detangle with but they work well together to clean and condition the hair. Hence my reason for using the APB DC.They do have that herbally smell to them but not in a bad way to me.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Friday: Oil rinse with wheat germ oil
Saturday: Oat wash, Sweet Herbal Coffee Soak, Bhaasvataa Oil
Sunday: Chill
Monday: ?????

Coils drew up in anger at being subjected to those light oils, so I left them alone Friday.

Today, I did a thick oat mask that I had made the night prior, uncovered, for 20 minutes, rinsed with warm water, and thinned the remaining mix for a quick oat wash. Mental note: Not using hot water to mix the oat flour makes it a lot less drying.

Did the coffee soak for 30 minutes, rinsed, and blotted out most of the water with a regular towel.

I applied a generous amount of the Bhaasvataa Oil (trying to avoid my scalp), pulled the hair into a tiny puff with a cotton scrunchie, plastic capped it, and pulled my SLAP over all. I may leave it in like this the rest of the day, or hot water rinse tonight.

Rozlewis

Pre-poo: Annabelles Pre-poo Treatment
Poo: Keracare Detangling Poo EO 2 x
DC: Naturelle Grow Thick and Rich DC under heat for 30 mins and vanilla whiskey on ends
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Heat Protectant: Komaza Care Matani Serum
Dry: Under Pibbs for 60 mins

ms.blue

Shampoo: SM water mint detox diluted with water focusing on my scalp.
Hot oil treatment: I used etae shine gloss (just olive oil and herbs). The container is old but the oil didn't have a rancid smell.
Leave in/Moisturizer: APB leave in, APB Cupuacu Avocado daily moisturizer and APB Cupuacu butter to seal.

I done this while my hair is in braids. I will do a more thorough clean next week.

Last edited:

naturalyogini

Clarified my hair and then dc'd with Inahsi deep condish with added ACV. This works. My hair was soft shiny and easy to detangle. I also added ACV to the leave in and curl cream. Not a repurchase on any more Inahsi until summer. My hair doesn't like this line during cold weather. I think my hair needs lower pH products

Last edited: