Jan/Feb 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge Thread

phyl73

Wow JL! I can hardly wait to see you pictures by the end of summer. You have had some great growth. It's so thick and shiny. Keep it growing lady!

twilight80

I joined this challange in August, but I stopped in December because I gave the rest of my mega tek to my sister and just forgot to order more. BUT I decided to try Ovation again. Has anyone heard their commercials? I didn't know that they advertised. But my husband heard the commercial on the radio and called me and said hey have you heard of this stuff called Ovation. I was like heck yeah. So he got it for me as part of my Valintine day gift! So I got it and will be using OCT every other day and see what it does for me.

Jaxhair

Applied MT and ayurvedic oil mix to dry hair this morning and went out for a run - didn't cover, just left it like it was a leave in. When I got back home, I looked at my sweaty self in the mirror and I had these little dewey type droplets all over my hair, lol! It was dry outside, though cold. Makes me wonder if the mixture was attracting moisture/humidity? Looked like I had a fine mist of water sprayed on me?. Anyway, rinsed just over an hour later and co-washed and finished with a herbal tea rinse. hair feels superb!

JL, I see progress girl!

Tyra

:camera: is broken. I'm going to be looking today for one that does not make me want to toss it out of my apartment window:whyme: Anyway, unfortunately I don't have start pictures right now but I have both MT and OTC and will do this challenge. Even though I'm hella late.:ohwell:

Last edited:

Platinum

I haven't been using MT lately because I'm in braids (micros) and I was afraid of having build up on my scalp. I'll be taking these down in a few weeks and will start using MT again. I may try box braids or a sew-in next time.

deusa80

Will there be a new Challenge starting tomorrow? If so, I would like to join:grin: I've been using MT for the past 3 weeks and plan to continue...

danigurl18

Here are my pics.. 1st one is Jan 25 and the second is Feb 26.. It's alot thicker and since they say that is the first step.. I'm on my way to length!

Attachments

• a 025.jpg
    a 025.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
  • a 110.jpg
    a 110.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 10

Tyra

Here are my pics.. 1st one is Jan 25 and the second is Feb 26.. It's alot thicker and since they say that is the first step.. I'm on my way to length!

Wowww, we have the same length hair and since I started using megatek and oct that's what I'm noticing now: thickness. This means I'm getting ready to start growing down?:sweet:

CurlyMoo

I haven't been using MT lately because I'm in braids (micros) and I was afraid of having build up on my scalp. I'll be taking these down in a few weeks and will start using MT again. I may try box braids or a sew-in next time.

I find that if rubbed lightly, MT is absorbed into the scalp and it doesn't flake or cake.

Vonnieluvs08

Hello Fellow MT/OCT Users,

I just wanted to check in. I've been using the MT/OCT mix with EOs on Tues, Th, Sat (is this often enough?) on my scalp at night and cover with a satin scarf for the . Once every other week I put it on the length of my hair (usually tues) and bun it up til I cowash (wed).

I can definitely say I have more thickness and a more defined curl pattern. I'm not too sure about longer hair. I was having less breakage and shedding but I still feel like I haven't gotten it under control. :wallbash:
So can the LCHF veterans or any knowledgable person help me with my questions.
1. Is MT/OCT very drying? Or is my hard water and cold weather contributing to my dry hair? :spinning:
2. Should I increase my MT/OCT to 4 times a week?
3. Do I need to do less moisturing DCs and step up my protein (MT or otherwise)?

melodies815

I have tried fifty ways to take a picture of this ONE GRAY HAIR in my head and I cannot do it. So...instead of a picture, I pulled out my ruler because I thought it would be important to MT users to know what is going on with the growth.

I put MT on the length of my hair every time I wash, and I DC like a mad woman. I'm so serious about the DCing BC I use protein so much. Since I can't put it on my scalp every couple of days like some women do, I was hoping that the weekly MT from the scalp to the end of my hair and one time per week on my scalp would have the same benefit.

Well....(and I am SICK that I cannot get a pic of this), I pulled out a gray hair Jan 17th. I wanted to see how fast it would grow back. Unfortunately, I forgot that I pulled it out until this morning after I dropped our daughter off at her bus stop. I looked in the mirror and noticed this long gray hair. "Long" is relative. When I got home, I measured it, and it is 1.6 inches long.

So....from January 17th to March 1st, I got a little more than an inch and a half in growth in one gray hair!!!

That proves to me definitively that MT does promote faster hair growth and that our main issue is retention. It also proves to me that putting it on the scalp is not the only way to get good growth, because I was very concerned about this.

Mind you: Since around Jan 17th, I have been leaving the MT on the length of my hair for about an hour and have been massaging it into my scalp really well before rinsing out. AF cramps are OFF THE CHAIN because of the parabens, and I think I will cut back a little this month in the week prior to AF starting...but other than that, I am really happy.

I am seeing growth, mad thickness, health...all the stuff we want to see in our hair. Mostly though...NO BREAKAGE!!! Every now and then, I get a couple of shed hairs, but those make me happy. I am not worried. I'd rather shed than break any day!

Who else is checking in with growth/thickness?

(Now, all I have to do is re-grow my temples, which genetically get thinner around my age in our family.....:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:)

Happy Month of March to us all! I probably should have posted this somewhere else. Going off to search for the March MT/OCT thread..)

cj

melodies815

Hey there. I think this is the best time to use MT. It's easier to NOT get is into your hair if you don't want to do so. Just wash/rinse it out every 3 days or so. I did this with success in growth until I realized that it was making AF worse for me - sorry if TMI. Just moisturize with Shea butter or pure cocoa butte afterwards and you will be just fine. Promise!!!

Blessings,
cj

meziaa

I got a touch up 2 weeks ago. Been using my MT almost dailyI(i get lazy some days) I been keeping my hair in cornrows for the most part(full wig it out on a daily basis). And I already feel the extra curly newgrowth coming in.

I have been washing my hair once a week with nexxus moisturizing poo, and conditioning with AUSSIE Moist, I moisturize with HE Hello Hdyration, put some castor oil on my ends. And braid my hair after it air dries. MT directly on scalp daily. Garlic vitamins when i can remember too, which is hardly ever lol. I notice less shedding with the garlic, but its still seems pretty normal without either.

So far so good.

JustKiya

Hi Ladies!! Sorry I'm so late - had a crazy crazy weekend!! I'm going to start a NEW Challenge thread/Check-In Thread in a little while, and I just wanted to let ya'll know I haven't forgotten!

ETA: Here is the NEW Thread - wrapping up one challenge, and kicking off another! I look forward to seeing ya'll over there!

Last edited:
In addition to using megatek sice late December, I have just added Ovation to my hair regimine. I received my first bottle of Ovation today :pepper: I cant wait to see the results. I will have my progress pics up this weekend