Jane Carter Solution Line

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I did a search and did not see this product reviewed on the site. Pardon me if I am mistaken. So here goes:

At the local HFS a while back, I ran across the Jane Carter Solution products. Very Pricey! The associated there raved and tried to sell me on how great this natural product would be in my natural hair.

This is what the website says about their products:
Natural Ingredients To Repair Dry & Damaged Hair

Jane Carter Solution hair care products have been carefully formulated for dry hair, regardless of texture or ethnicity. These quality products cleanse, condition, and nourish kinky hair, curly hair; straight, relaxed, color treated and locked hair.

and

We have selected the finest natural ingredients for dry hair and damaged hair. Our products contain pure organic essential oils, natural butters, vitamins, plant extracts plus other natural ingredients to repair and hydrate dry or damaged hair.
I think the cheapest in-store was ~$25.00 for SMALL sized the styling creams.

The 16oz Curl Defining Cream is a whopping $34 online
The 4oz Nourish & Shine is $22
The 8 0z shampoos and conditioners are more reasonable between ~$8 - $10

Dang. I'm thinking I'd burn through 4oz of anything in like 2 applications, even on my short hair. However, if the product is really all that, I might risk it and give it a try...

Anyone with any experience with this line of products? Please and thanks in advance!

Shadiyah

DarkJoy I don't use Jane Carter anymore but I do think her products are good for the money. When I use to just wear ponytails years ago I use to purchase nourish & shine then it was $20.00 and it last me a little. I tried the curl defining cream when it came out on my wash n go's but that was not for me but a family member liked it for their hair.

I hope this helps.

BrownSkin2

I bought several of Jane Carter's products from a hair show last year. The mositurizing shampoo, deep conditoner, the revitalizing leave-in, the foam wrap, and condition and sculpt gel..All for $20

I really like the deep condition and the condition and sculpt gel. I haven't tried the foam wrap. The revitalizing leave-in is ok, but I have thick natural hair so I need a heavier and creamier leave-in. I haven't tried the foam wrap. The condition and sculpt stretches the hair, and imparts shine. I use it on braid outs. I think her products does what it says. I think they are worth the money. I'd like to try the nourish and shine. All the reviews have been great.

lamaria211

i used to love the nourishing deep conditioner but sinced i moved from the city i cant get my hands on it easily and i really ha\te trying to order staples online

InBloom

In my new-growth
I've only tried a few products....

The hair serum - meh
The scalp serum - I really like this because its mostly jojoba oil which agrees with me. I do my temples and nape regularly. Smells nice too
The Leave in - OK, but left a bit of sticky residue. I have other leave ins I like better.
Nourish & Shine - awesome for "out" styles (braid outs, bantu knot outs) because you get soft hair, not crunchy at all. A little goes a long way. I now have discovered this as my sealant instead of an oil. Teeny tiny little bit and I still have bounce and swang. The container will last me forever, I use less than a pea size amount and my hair is just about shoulder length.

Hope this helps.

crlsweetie912

I have only used the nourish and shine. I have relaxed and color treated hair and this stuff is excellent for sealing, give so much blingy shine. Helps defeat breakage and I LOVE the smell! It lasts forever and a little goes a long way.

Ann0804

I like the JC line of products. I have the Nourish and Shine, which I have had for a few months. It's very thick and you only need the smallest amount so it should last you at least 6-12 months imo. I use this to do my twists with, or to seal my ends. I also have the setting lotion, which is great for roller sets and it does make my curls pop, so sometimes I just use it to define my curl pattern. I've had this several months as well. You can always wait for a sale- I got the nourish and shine for fifteen dollars, and many sites have 20 to 25 percent coupon codes. IMO you can just spend 12 bucks on Oyin's burnt sugar pomade which works just as well and does the same thing as the Nourish and Shine. Here's the link to it.

http://oyinhandmade.com/hair/shop-by-need/moisturize/the-sugar-pomades-5.html

Honey01

This is a timely thread.

Today I just purchased the "Hair Nourishing Cream" for $18.19 from my local health food store.

I ouched a little bit at the price. But, I am hoping I have good results. I have been on the look out for a water based moisturizer because I having no luck with oils for my ends.

TruMe

I have been using her line ever since I went natural (about a year ago) and I love the Non-SLS shampoo and conditioner. I use the conditioner for my deep conditioning treatments as well and love it. When I was transitioning, the leave-in made my 2 textures work together GREAT and detangling was a breeze. Now that I am all natural, it doesn't seem to make it that easy anymore and I think it has to do with the lack of glycerin. Now I haven't tried the curling cream or the nourish and shine but I will be getting those soon to try out. I really like to use one line but it is hard.

darlingdiva

Condition & Sculpt: I didn't like it. It's the liquid version of a gel. As the label says, it really does dry crunchy.

Leave-In: If you're looking for a light-to-medium watery moisturizer, this is it. It's great for fine hair.

Hair Nourishing Cream: Great for twisting & light moisture. A little goes a long way. It lasts a while.

Nourish and Shine: Awesome!!!! It provides great shine. It's the cherry on top for any style.

empressri

Most of the stuff is a bite light for my tastes.

Sort of mad cause I have a bunch of JC in my stash.

Honey01

I have been using her line ever since I went natural (about a year ago) and I love the Non-SLS shampoo and conditioner. I use the conditioner for my deep conditioning treatments as well and love it. When I was transitioning, the leave-in made my 2 textures work together GREAT and detangling was a breeze. Now that I am all natural, it doesn't seem to make it that easy anymore and I think it has to do with the lack of glycerin. Now I haven't tried the curling cream or the nourish and shine but I will be getting those soon to try out. I really like to use one line but it is hard.

Good news, the Nourishing Cream has glycerin in it.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Wow!

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone! Sounds like the Nourish & Shine is pretty much a win all around, so maybe I'll bite the bullet on that.

Glad someone mentioned glycerin. My hair kind of needs that. It really loves and grows with grease and grows fast with it, BUT I've been avoiding it (ruins the pillows and makes my face breakout). Glycerin is a decent option and keeps it from breaking and splitting without all that other stuff that goes along with grease.

In general, are these products greasy?

Since my hair is really fine, thin and fragile, simply due to genetics, I get nervous with new stuff. It seems to break with a slight breeze and the teeniest drying element in a product.

Has anyone tried the Nourishing Creme and Nourish & Shine at the same time? Or is either one ok?

angelgrl135

I love JC! I live in Atlanta & she comes to the World Natural Hair Show every year and that's when I stock up. There most products are 4 for $20 and the Nourish & Shine only $10. Unbeatable.

My must haves are the moisturizing shampoo (my scalp FREAKS OUT when I try to use anything else so I'm stuck w/ this for life!-lol), the revitalizing leave-in (yes it is light and watery but its an excellent base leave in to be used before a creamier one or a heavy styler) and the nourish & shine not only b/c its excellent and smells yummy but it truly does last a very very very long time- def worth it even at full price IMO.

Also, Jane is so sweet! Every time I've been able to speak w/ her she's just so enthusiastic and helpful and really seems to care about people on a personal level.

CurlsBazillion

I love JC! I live in Atlanta & she comes to the World Natural Hair Show every year and that's when I stock up. There most products are 4 for $20 and the Nourish & Shine only $10. Unbeatable.

My must haves are the moisturizing shampoo (my scalp FREAKS OUT when I try to use anything else so I'm stuck w/ this for life!-lol), the revitalizing leave-in (yes it is light and watery but its an excellent base leave in to be used before a creamier one or a heavy styler) and the nourish & shine not only b/c its excellent and smells yummy but it truly does last a very very very long time- def worth it even at full price IMO.

Also, Jane is so sweet! Every time I've been able to speak w/ her she's just so enthusiastic and helpful and really seems to care about people on a personal level.

I was coming in here to say the same thing. It is great as a first point of contact for your hair. All the wonderful ingredients keep my smooth and easy to comb. I also use this as a daily mist in between washes. I also like the nourish and shine. I don't use it often because I have a love affair with my avocado butter but its still a good alternative.