January 15, 16 & 17....What are your hair plans?>>

cch24

tomorrow is finally wash day! i plan on prepooing with mane n tail and coconut oil. washing with hair one. deep conditioning with pantene time renewal/castor/olive oil. after that i will either rollerset or make banded ponytails and sit under the dryer. my jamaican black castor oil arrived today so i'm hoping to incorporate it into my regimen somehow...

pink219

On Friday I am going to prepare my hair for Senegalese(micro) twists:

Prepoo: Amla Oil
Shampoo: CON moisture shampoo (very little) dilutted with v105 conditioner.
Conditioner: Joico reconstructor.
Leave in: Aphogee Green tea keratin/infusium 23 (sally's generic brand... I like that version better)

I am going to blow dry my hair even though I don't want to. (So that it is easier for the braid lady to comb through).

Then I am going to put some WGO on my scalp and a little bit of castor oil on the length of my hair and put it in a ponytail and then tie my hair in a scarf.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow:

1) Co-Wash with Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea & Babbasu Oil Clarifying Conditioner
2) Use a Mild Reconstructor (Giovanni Nutra-Fix)
3) Apply Henna 3-4 Hours
3) Apply Indigo 2-3 Hours
4) DC with AO GPB and L'anza Kukui Nut Masque
5) Apply 1 Vial of Matrix Biolage Ceramides
6) PC 30 seconds 1 minute to close/seal cuticle
7) Apply Leave In & Argan Oil & Dry.

shasha8685

Since my hair is cornrowed I will:

--Clean scalp with ORS Herbal Cleanse
--Spray Hair w/ Giovanni Vitapro Leave-In
--Oil scalp w/ coconut oil
--Repeat as necessary

That's it.

I love it when my hair is braided!:yep:

Sade'

Today is my birthday:dance7:but I wont celebrate until the weekend. It's my moisture week so I'll be doing that regimen and rollersetting my hair for some sexy pinned up styles this weekend!

:band::birthday2:blondboob:cheers:

Hope you have a great time JJamiah! :birthday3:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

SmilingElephant

Tomorrow is my wash day as well...in fact i think i'm gonna turn tomorrow nite into my "spa nite". I'm gonna wash and DC my hair...put it in a braidout. And do my nails and give myself a really good pedicure...this cold weather has taken its toll on my feet!:ohwell:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Monday is MLK Day, so Sunday I'll do and overnight coconut oil deep conditioning treatment (hairlista.com has a challenge). I will then do an avocado protein treatment, courtesy of Candy_C:

YOU NEED:
A soft (preferabley going off) HASS Avacado..(hass apparently contains more protein and alot of moisture)
Half a cup of EVOO
HALF a cup of DISTILLED, BOTTLED or plain old boiled and left to chill WATER
A whole EGG

Instructions:
Cut up the Avacado and scoop out the flesh - throw away the seed
This should be real mushy as its about to - or HAS gone off; if you see dark bits in the flesh, use these too..ITS ALL GOOD!
Put this into a bowl and mash up with the cup of EVOO
Once runny, add the EGG
Mix together
Now add your water, and stir and mash like theres no tomorrow!

Instructions (2):
Wash your hair thoroughly with either a Clarifying poo or just your regular poo (depends on how many poducts you've been using recently)
Add this mask (yes i know its cold but that is also why it works so well! - you can also warm it up, but only for 30 seconds or so LUKEWARM!
Now find a nice magazine, cover your head with a cap and towel and relax for approx 30 mins
After 30 mins, remove the cap, and your hair will be a lilly stuck, but its allllright, get under the shower and let the water rinse it for around 5 mins.
Now using your hands gently massage the excess mask out. You can use a conditioner afterwards if you want to, but i find missing out that step and simply using a GOOD LEAVE-IN does the trick!
whether you blowdry or airdry u will notice a big big difference in the strength and elasticity of your hair. it will straighten out easily if you use heat, or curl real nicely if you airdry. It will also shine and ur ends wont be frizzy or as frizzy. i strongly recommend this if you use heat regularly

-----------

I typically air dry to 80%, then do a braid out, prepping my scalp with JBCO, moisturizing with Silken Child, sealing with coconut oil. :)

Galadriel

Happy b-day, ladies!

My plan is to co-wash and bun on Friday (I'll also do an overnight baggy of Ayurvedic herbs mixed with condish), do a braidout Saturday, and bun again on Sunday.

amerAKAn_dream

Happy Birthday, ladies!!

And Happy Founders' Day to my Sorors of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc! (01/15) :grin:

Friday~I'm going to DSD to get my hair relaxed after a 6 month stretch. I'm not expecting any progress since I didn't start posting on here or start my HHJ until November, though. Then it's back up under a half wig once again.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hardcore protein wk: (preparing for next wks T-Up.

Well I've been pre pooing since 9am with castor oil on NG and scalp and coconut oil on the already relaxed strands. I'll shampoo with Aphoghee for damaged hair, then do the 2 step treatment, followed by moisturizing DC. Apply leave in's. Roller set on damp hair or air dry, either way it's going in a banana clip.

goodmorningruby

My birthday is the 17th. :look:
I washed my hair tonight and I am under the heating cap right now with Redken Real Control Intense Renewal DC. I've had a long day and I'm about to go to bed so I'll rinse it out tomorrow morning, PC, moisturize, seal and do a bantu knot out. I will take them down, put my hair up on the 16th and then I'm out to celebrate. 17th I'll probably just moisturize, seal and redo the bantu knots.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Pre-poo with garlic on my scalp and a mix of aphogee 2 min, ORS hair mayo and oil on the length (big up Sherylstresses). Then DC with ORS repleneshing.Air dry as usual moisturize with S-curl and Salerm21 seal with oil and EQP mango butter mix.

Looking at what I typed I just realised, I'm a mixaholic :lol:

tapioca_pudding

I just BC'd so I will be trying a couple new products to see what make my curls *pop* without making them dry. :yep: Might also do a clear rinse to add shine, but I'm not sure.

janeemat

Friday January 15th

Pre-poo Overnight – Amla/Brahma Oils/Conditioner

Saturday January 16th Regimen

Clarify – Mizani Purifying Poo

1 lather Mizani Moisturfusion Milk Bath Poo

Protein Treatment – Aphoghee

Deep Cond – Mizani Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner

Leave Ins – Lacio Lacio, Bliss, Lotta Body Mixture Setting Lotion

Rollerset and Saran Wrap

LivingDol1

i suppose i will wash my hair this morning and throw it up in a bun. that has been my routine for the last 2 weeks. i have been so busy.

so i'm tempted to just get my hair braided... as soon as this saturday... (!!!) plus i'm traveling out of the country in a month or so and don't want my hair to be a mess...

sometimes i feel bad about putting my hair away but if i don't find the time to take care of it right now, i don't see the point. braiding is my equivalent to shaving the head. a 2 month break might be good...

beans4reezy

In 4 sections:
Prepoo'd with V05 Moisture Milks- Passion Smoothie
Cleansed with Hairveda Poo bar
Aphogee 2 step hard protien (forgot how messy this could get!)
DC'd with a mix of Nexxus Humectress and WEN sweet almond it

Right now, up in the air about rollersetting and pinning up, or just doing a braid out and then pinning up.

Esq.2B

Prepoo w/ Vatika Oil/Castor Oil/Cholesterol mix
Shampoo w/ RedKen Real Control
Emergencee Treatment
DC w/ Alterna
Lacio Lacio Leave-In
Mario Russo Styling Creme
Proclaim Olive Oil Setting Lotion
Rollerset
:)

teacherjess

I am 4 weeks post today:look:

I will be:
Prepooing w/ Amla oil overnight
Washing (1x) with CON green label
Keracare humecto 35 mins w/ heat
Quickie rinse w/ VO5 moisture milks for added slip
Porosity control for 30 sec- 1 min
Silicon mix leave in
~~~~~Air dry, scarf method~~~~~
When dry, rub MN mix (MN + WGO) on scalp, apply moisturizer & seal, braid up for braidout style this week:yep:

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
9 weeks into a 1 week stretch:
Dc on dry hair with Evoo+Evco mixed with White Rain conditioner
Sit under dry for 30-1hr
Detangle under shower (haven't detangled in 2 weeks due to wet 'bunning')
May need to use Mane and Tail detangler, probably not...
Airdry in a bun (while running errands)
Flat iron (Cortex) using Nexxus heat protectant.

Last edited:

gissellr78

Just washed with NTM shampoo....HOW COULD I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS SHAMPOO!!!! it feels like conditioner...I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it:drunk:

grow

i just put a mix of oils on my hair and i'm gonna leave them on overnight from sunday to monday.

Americka

• dc'd on dry hair w/Pantene Mask mixed w/ garlic powder (shedding)
  • clarified w/Pantene Clarifying shampoo
  • shampooed w/Nioxin #1 Scalp Cleanser
  • conditioned w/Nixion #1 Scalp Conditioner
  • protein treatment using egg, protein conditioner, panthenol and SAA
  • dc'd w/Cera-Repair-Skala Ceramides Masque mix
  • final con w/Porosity Control
  • leave ins - Rusk Sensories Smoother and Lacio-Lacio
  • Roller set

I'm sure it seems like a lot of steps...well, it is! I went two weeks since washing so I needed to add additional steps such as dcing with the garlic product and clarifying w/the Pantene.

grow

• final con w/Porosity Control
hi Americka, and thanks for your post!:grin:

i've just started adding things like the saa and panthenol to my mixes....but i've never heard of the "final con w/Porosity Control":rolleyes:....what's that step & could you please explain it's importance, too?
thanks!

Truth

What I did yesterday was..

Co wash with Garnier moisture works..
dc with NTM deep hair recovery mask
Used NTM silk touch/aussie moist/ HE LTR as a leave in(iono why I mixed em..just did)
Did a Light blowdry on low..
Used my sheabutter mix and sealed with some hairveda vatika frosting...

2 big braids until probably wenesday..