January 15, 16 & 17....What are your hair plans?>>

Americka

• final con w/Porosity Control
hi Americka, and thanks for your post!:grin:

i've just started adding things like the saa and panthenol to my mixes....but i've never heard of the "final con w/Porosity Control":rolleyes:....what's that step & could you please explain it's importance, too?
thanks!

Hey Grow!

It's something that I picked up here - a final conditioner washing with a product called Roux Porosity Control. It is designed for use before and after chemical services by lowering the acidity of the hair, therefore allowing the user to achieve the best results. But it can be used after a "regular" wash as well because it also "closes the cuticle" of the hair. Some people close their cuticles using ACV (apple cider vinegar) and others use a shot of cold water at the end of their wash. Several of the ladies on board (including myself) prefer to use PC for this reason plus it gives me lots of slip.

Here are a couple of threads on PC:
How do YOU use Porosity Control?

Questions about Porosity Control

I hope my explanation helps as well as these two threads. Remember, what works for some may not work for others. If you have any others questions, you can always pm me. HHG! :wave:

grow

:grin:Thank you so very much, Americka!!!:grin:

this is really good to know because these relaxers are so tough on our hair and anything to boost the regular regimine is FABULOUS, so i really appreciate your help!

i just joined lhcf last week, so thank you also for the links......!!!:grin:

i can see i'm gonna have ALOT of research to do!!!

best to you!!!

grow

oh, i also meant to add:

your hair looks FANTASTIC, so with results like that, it's worth the time and effort!!!

kepp up the GREAT work, and thanks again!