January 2016 : Hits & Misses

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
You should be able to get the Joico Moisture Recovery from Ulta (in store only) or JC Penney used to carry their products in the salon too.

AgeinATL

New Hits

Combining Keravada Creme Brulle with CurLuxe Naturals Buttercream Curl Soufflé :2inlove:
My twists feel soft and fluffy. I really like the Buttercream because it has Murumuru Butter, Argan Oil, and Agave Nectar, as well as other butters.

@AgeinATL maybe you might like this butter. My hair is picky, and I know yours is too. I bought it from Hattache.

I am liking those ingredients! Thank you for the suggestion sis!!!

AgeinATL

Hit:
Shea Moisture's Hair Color System. I have used a lot of hair colors in my time, both demi and permanent and this is hands down the best one I have used. No loud, chemical smell. No dryness or stiffness. The color is very vibrant. I am very impressed with it and plan to make it my staple hair dye.

Miss:
The price! Considering that I need two boxes, it ain't exactly cheap. It is never on sale. It is also hard to find on the ground. I wish they would sell JUST the hair color (without the samples) if that would knock the price down a bit.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I am liking those ingredients! Thank you for the suggestion sis!!!
You're welcome :)

Hit:
Shea Moisture's Hair Color System. I have used a lot of hair colors in my time, both demi and permanent and this is hands down the best one I have used. No loud, chemical smell. No dryness or stiffness. The color is very vibrant. I am very impressed with it and plan to make it my staple hair dye.

Miss:
The price! Considering that I need two boxes, it ain't exactly cheap. It is never on sale. It is also hard to find on the ground. I wish they would sell JUST the hair color (without the samples) if that would knock the price down a bit.

Nice review. Which color did you use? I agree. Even though the packaging is cute, having just the color would have been fine.

AgeinATL

Nice review. Which color did you use? I agree. Even though the packaging is cute, having just the color would have been fine.

I got Soft Black. Now I will say this: even though I got Soft Black it came out SUPER black, more like jet black. I read that the darker shades are really dark so even though I usually get Jet Black hair dyes, I am glad that I got Soft Black. It looks like more of a natural black as opposed to the almost blue-black hue that some Jet Black colors give. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a hair color!

NaturallyATLPCH

I got Soft Black. Now I will say this: even though I got Soft Black it came out SUPER black, more like jet black. I read that the darker shades are really dark so even though I usually get Jet Black hair dyes, I am glad that I got Soft Black. It looks like more of a natural black as opposed to the almost blue-black hue that some Jet Black colors give. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a hair color!

Ooooo I've been wondering about this color brand. Looking for a nice dark brown, I think I'll give this a shot (this color brand).

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Hit:

Miss:

This is my favorite hair color system. I've been using it for about 2 years now. I use the light blonde and my hair never gets dry or breaks off... Even when I colored like 3 times in less than 2 months. I've been thinking about going darker but I'm not ready to give up my copperish blonde just yet.