January 2016 : Hits & Misses

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Miss:
-Njoy Essentials shipping $11.75 for a bottle of Purifying Charcoal Poo and a 1 oz sample Growth Pomade. Two items and you only have one option. There's no shipping choices!
-I haven't received a response to my inquiry about expensive shipping. I will not hold this against her, yet. I understand it's the holiday season.

However, I've received two emails since yesterday, advising they noticed I have checked out.

What makes this more irritating is that I really want to support her.

ETA: How much are you ladies paying in shipping when you order from Njoy Essentials?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
New Hits:

APB Cupuacu & Avocado Moisturizer: Ok, yall know I love her hair creams, but this knocks those out the box for my hair. This is a creamy medium thick lotion that is so easy to go on, so emollient, and Sugar Cookie Crunch smells sooo good (just like Hairveda Vatika Frosting which I love). I put this on damp hair and I didn't feel like I needed to seal, but I sealed with the matching oil. I am heavy handed. I like each strand coated, so the oils in it were a bit oily (same thing that happens when you use too much QB BRBC or Bee Mine Luscious), but yall know I don't mind that. I feel my hair was nicely protected. The next day my twists were soo juicy and soft. I couldn't stop touching and unraveling the twists. Not good, I know, but this stuff is awesome. I will pick up a few more bottles.

Silk Dreams Almond Buttercream: This stuff is also very good. The scent is so nice, like sweet toasted almonds. It's a stronger scent, which I love. I put this on damp hair and sealed with APB Olive Oats oil in Sugar Cookie Crunch (great scent pairing btw) and wow! I let this dry in my hair while in twists for a bit and the definition was so good for some ugly ol chunky twists! It wasn't my intention to get this type of definition, but I know for next time I want to style. I also was heavy handed and since it's already emollient, my hair was a bit oily, but again, I didn't care. Today is the next day and my hair is super soft and touchable.

SheScentIt Honey Buttercream Moisturizer: This stuff is the opposite in emollient nature from the other two products. It smells very light and fresh, but can't pinpoint the exact scent. Consistency is a very light, airy cream. I applied it to damp hair and it felt like it wasn't doing much at all to my hair. My hair was definitely soft and light and fluffy with this. I definitely had to seal it with the SSI Castor Honey Softening Balm. After I let it dry with that oil in my hair...giiiiirl.....my hair was so soft! I also reapplied it to my dry twists after a couple days to remoisturize. I let my twists out and hair was light, soft, and fluffy.

SheScentIt Castor Honey Softening Balm: This is a really nice castor based oil. It has a light scent and goes well with the Buttercream Moisturizer. I love the thickness of the oil (due to the castor) and it makes an amazing sealant if I don't feel like using a butter.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@MileHighDiva I understand how you feel. I ordered the 4 oz pomade and shipping was almost $9.00 I haven't received any other notification. I made an account on the site to check the status and it still shows " Awaiting Fullfilment"

I've ordered from her before ( bought the oil & Purifying Cowash) but I don't remember if the shipping was this high though since it was a long time ago. Of course I love supporting small black owned businesses, but I feel that with some of these vendors they don't take into consideration their shipping rates which can be an issue for us as consumers.

curlyhersheygirl

Revisited Hits
Oyin Honey Hemp and NG rosemary pomade.

New hit
SM yucca &plantain. I wasn't happy when I saw they reformulated this since I loved the original but they did good. This version is more moisturizing and has better slip. This version is a light protein DC and the JBCO is a medium protein DC. This is a great addition to my SM stash.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
How's the Caramel Treatment? Does it make the hair hard or act like a protein? I have two in the fridge that I need to sample before they collect social security.

@PJaye
It's Great!

It hardens (I use it under dryer). Rinses well. And leaves your hair super soft.

Some have said they don't even follow up with a Moisturizing DC'er. But I do.

Yeah Gurl, get to using it. It's really a nice product. Use it so we can compare notes.

athenat

Huge Discontinued Hit:
Mission:Condition Caramel Hair Treatment
Mission:Condition TerraForma Pre-Poo Treatment
Mission:Condition Goji Berry Silk Hair Milk

What's this Condition Caramel Hair Treatment you guys are talking about? Which company is this?
Thanks for info....

PJaye

@PJaye
It's Great!

It hardens (I use it under dryer). Rinses well. And leaves your hair super soft.

Some have said they don't even follow up with a Moisturizing DC'er. But I do.

Yeah Gurl, get to using it. It's really a nice product. Use it so we can compare notes.

Thanks for the review. Do you use it without a cap under the dryer?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PJaye

Remember it's slighty runny & caramel-y. (Sticky-like)

I applied to clean hair and sat under dryer, no plastic cap, until hard, rinsed out.

I probably could have skipped Steaming afterwards, but I didn't.

PJaye

@PJaye

Remember it's slighty runny & caramel-y. (Sticky-like)

I applied to clean hair and sat under dryer, no plastic cap, until hard, rinsed out.

I probably could have skipped Steaming afterwards, but I didn't.

On second thought, I'mma leave it alone for a while longer.:lol:

PJaye

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Njoy's Response:

The amount charged for shipping is pulled directly from US Postal Service with nothing added. Postage is calculated by weight and distance. I believe they have a base price and then adjust from there. The most expensive charges are to recipients on the West Coast. But again, this is what USPS charges for Priority Mail shipping. I've explained shipping charges, why I've chosen Priority Mail (besides being WAY cheaper than UPS and FedEx) and how you can opt for First Class shipping, if you choose. Here's the link. I hear you on shipping costs. I think I've done the best that I can do. :/

>> NJoy

"Let's grow some hair!"

The Text From the Hyperlink:

Orders are usually processed within 72 hours of receipt of payment and are ship within the continential US via Priority Mail. Price quoted is purely the price charged by the USPS. Orders shipping to destinations outside the United States may incur duties and taxes charged by receiving country. It is calculated by weight of the package AND ship to location (Zone).

The Priority Mail Option was selected as our default shipping option because of the following included advantages:

• Guaranteed delivery in 1-3 business days
  • Shipping confirmation contains tracking information with estimated delivery date
  • No additional cost for insurance
  • Boxes are included so, no extra expense to purchase shipping boxes

Please know that we did previously offer a First Class Mail option, which was less expensive. However, delivery time was longer, tracking was not included and insurance had to be purchased separately. Once insurance was added, there wasn't much difference from the Priority Mail price (sometimes it was more).

Even so, if you would like your order to be send via US First Class Mail, please email your order to [email protected] and we'll be happy to calculate shipping and send you an invoice to complete your order. If you would like to opt out of insurance (which I do not advise), please state so in your email and we will bill and ship as you choose.

Our objective is to help in any way possible. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have.

For our International Customers, we are now set up to take your orders. If you have any problems, please email [email protected]

Thank you all for being VIP Customers and I look forward to hearing of your results!

Happy Hair Growing!

NJoy