January 2016 : Hits & Misses

Ajna

Between Black Friday and a random etsy spree I found a few new products.

The first one is a gel called curlspiration. It is a good gel, a little on the pricey side at $18 but I got it on sale. It does leave my hair crunchy even after I applied oil to break the gel cast so that I was not to please about. However it did provide nice curl formation. Generally speak though I doubt I will repurchase.

The second one is a company called Blue Roze I tried the toasted marshmallows daily conditioner and the while cherry leave in (which seems to be discontinued). I actually like the leave in - it is a lot to thick so I have to water it down to about 75% water and 25% leave in - typically I do 50/50. The daily conditioner is not something I generally use anyway, when I brought it I thought it was regular conditioner. But I guess it is ok.

The Blue Roze company is interesting and I plan to try a few more of their products in the future.

Aggie

New Hits:

Redken Time Reset shampoo and RTR Youth Revitalizer Treatment. The shampoo actually left my hair feeling squeaky clean without feeling stripped. It just felt wonderfully clean.

Also the Youth Revitalizer Treatment seemed to leave a soft yet strong and resilient feeling on my hair. I hear this line is discontinued but I'm sure Redken has a replacement so I'll be checking them out for it, if any.

I just hate when companies do this because sometimes they mess up a good thing, so hopefully this will be not be one those times.

Last edited:

MsSanz92

Hit: Tresemme Anti-breakage conditioner

I'm trying to incorporate more protein into my regimen, so I cowashed my hair with Creme of Nature Co-wash and used this after I rinsed that out. I left it on my hair for like 5 minutes and now I'm deep conditioning with Dominican Magic Revitalizing Mask. I really liked the shot of protein it gave my hair; it felt soft and strong, but not dry, and I definitely noticed that I had less broken hairs when I rinsed my hair. I will be using this when I need some quick protein balance

meka72

I got all my orders from SSI, SD & APB in the last few days and was trying to avoid opening new stuff. But I think I'm going to crack that APB Cupuacu & Avocado moisturizer open today. Between your and @Froreal3 glowing endorsement, I can't afford not to.

Super Hit

APB Cupuacu & Avocado moisturizer is beyond amaze balls. Talk about moisture for days & days... Like for real!

My hair is insanity soft. This is by far my absolute favorite moisture. Beating Hair Dew and any other moisture I own.

meka72

So you're telling me that I need to order the hair milk during the next sale? Because that's what I got from your post. Lol.

@meka72

Yeah her endorsement had me too but I decided to wait for a better sale and until she restocked all the products. I didn't see the conditioners I wanted or the hair milk.

CodeRed

I like Joico Products because I can use them as it says on the packet without adding heat steam or oils and it works every-time.

Except for the shampoo's. They're trash

That's good to know. I'm going to start using products exactly as they say on the container for the month of February and I'm planning on using my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and the conditioner.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

That's good to know. I'm going to start using products exactly as they say on the container for the month of February and I'm planning on using my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and the conditioner.
It'll cut your wash day right down. All their deep conditioners are 3-5 minutes and conditioners are 1-2.

Rastafarai

Major Hit: Anita Grant Sapote Oil

This has my low porosity hair moisturized moisturized moisturized! My hair is SO shiny and supple. Even though its pricey, a little goes a long way. I think I will extend its use by concocting my own hair oil potion

Another major it: Belnuovo Coco Castor Nectar Mist

Great refresher spritz that's not too watery. I love the smell.

Rastafarai

Major Hit: Anita Grant Sapote Oil

This has my low porosity hair moisturized moisturized moisturized! My hair is SO shiny and supple. Even though its pricey, a little goes a long way. I think I will extend its use by concocting my own hair oil potion

Another major it: Belnuovo Coco Castor Nectar Mist

Great refresher spritz that's not too watery. I love the smell.

Just wanted to reiterate how great this combination has been for my hair. Here are the overnight results of re-twisting with sapote oil and coco castor nectar mist. This is on 17-day old unwashed hair: