January 2017: Hits & Misses

gemruby41

Redken is funny. If you apply and rinse it's perfect. If you apply, let it sit and then rinse, it will feel stripped. Depends on build-up. For the winter, I let it sit; I get a lot of buildup. Other seasons just apply and rinse.

I barely use half a pump depending on the section of hair, but mine has been lumpy. I usually don't care. And it suds up well.

Catch the liter at Ul.ta this month while it's on sale for $14.99.
I agree with the applying and rinsing. When I use it like that, my hair doesn't feel stripped. I left it on for about three minutes one time, and my hair was like straw.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Hits
Nature's Gate Herbal and Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioners for co-washing
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals conditioner
Camille Rose Naturals Anjani pomade
Adding shikaikai powder to my tea rinses

Miss
All of the conditioners above are reformulated or discontinued
CurlMart logistics. I didn't get my 16 oz DB Pumpkin Seed conditioners or Camille Rose Naturals Cocoa Nibs & Honey Serums. They were available online but were actually out of stock when I ordered.
Sheamoisture changing the ingredients in the Raw Shea Butter Restorative Masque offered at WalMart

EnExitStageLeft

Hit:

Blow drying using a paddle brush.

I seen Reneice use in a denman in her blow dry special and I was all about mastering the art of brush blowdrying (I was a die-hard comb attachment user for years). The results seemed far sleeker/smooth then my results. The comb attachment gets the job done, but I wanted salon results. Tried the denman and to put it nicely....:nono:. I then watched the Glamtwinz334 straight hair routine and noticed they used a paddle brush. Luckily I had old Goody brush from my roller wrap days :lachen:. I tried it out and mannnnnnnnn..I'm sold. I just purchase a "fancier" one from Sally's with ceramic technology and I'm so excited to try it. My blow took 30 vs. my usual 45, so all in all I'm pretty satisfied.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Mostly a Hit: Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer New Growth Creme - 6 oz.

Ingredients: Deionized water (Aqua), shea butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) peg 75, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate and Ethylhexyl Stearate and Trideceth-6, Fragrance (Parfum), Aloe Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Garacilaria Extract ( Allium Sativum), Honey, Marigold Extract ( Calendula Officinalis), Papaya Extract (Carica), Kiwi Extract (Actinidia Chinesis), Sweet Almond Extract (Prumus Amygdalus), Mango Extract (Manigifera Indica), Lime Extract (Citrus Aurantifolia), Alma Oil ( Emblica Officinalis), Argan Oil ( Argania Spinosa), Sea Grape Extract (Vitis Vinifera)

Those ingredients in red are the key in how this stuff works and it is the only hair product I have seen with them. I finally figured out how to use it—as a detangler and like a rinse-out. The main problem with it is the scent, which smells like mango candy in the jar, but not-so-good in my hair. It is also a little greasy, but that does not bother me; the tiny 6 oz container does. I am going to try to find or create another detangler because I get the feeling this will be discontinued at some point.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84

Why are you not happy about this being a possible hit?

Somehow, I missed it has aloe in it. I was expecting it to knot up my hair at some point but it never did. Didn't dry it out either. My hair has been soft and tangle free. No build-up. Too good to be true. But it's still really nice. I almost want another jar.

The only other item with aloe I've ever had success with is Oyin Hair Dew. Komaza protein is another item with aloe that I love, but the aloe does cause slight build-up so by the next wash day, I have to mildly clarify to open my cuticles back up. I stick with it because it works, is strong and I don't need protein too much these days. And we will not talk about NurCreations.

AgeinATL

Somehow, I missed it has aloe in it. I was expecting it to knot up my hair at some point but it never did. Didn't dry it out either. My hair has been soft and tangle free. No build-up. Too good to be true. But it's still really nice. I almost want another jar.

The only other item with aloe I've ever had success with is Oyin Hair Dew. Komaza protein is another item with aloe that I love, but the aloe does cause slight build-up so by the next wash day, I have to mildly clarify to open my cuticles back up. I stick with it because it works, is strong and I don't need protein too much these days. And we will not talk about NurCreations.

I swear that we have the same head of hair...

Aggie

Hmm, sounds lke I have to add this one to my next cart :yep:

curlyhersheygirl

New Hit
APB's Matcha green tea spritz. This is the lightest ( in terms of consistency weight ) of all the liquid LI's and refreshers I've tried from them. It however moisturizes like nobody's business. It works great as a LI and as a refresher. I was presently surprised at how it performed. Definite repurchase.

Thump

Scorpio Queen
Hit:
APB Hair and Body Butter-Strawberry Champagne- When I initially took a whiff, I thought it smells nice. I just showered and used it and after mixing with my body chemistry... it turned into... well let's just say my man wont stay off my neck :naughtycouch: and I smell :lick:.

Miss:
APB Hair and Body Butter-Strawberry Champagne- Only because the scent is not on the label but it was on the card that came in the box. So I will either have to write on the container or save the card to know what scent it is because I will definitely be getting other scents. I am not feeling either of those options.