January 2017: Hits & Misses

Daina

Instant MEGA Hit
FHI Diamond Digital Ceramic Flat Iron

I achieved the smoothest, sleekest silk press ever! With one pass too. I currently have a babyliss and a chi. Neither one of these hold a candle to this FHI iron.

@Beamodel and @Rozlewis, I am also eyeing that flat iron. You too are seriously making me want to take the plunge. I like my Chi had it for about 7 years and I only use it maybe 3 times a year. That FHI is just so tempting and I have a coupon from JCP. @Rozlewis please report back how you like it please!

Rozlewis

@Beamodel and @Rozlewis, I am also eyeing that flat iron. You too are seriously making me want to take the plunge. I like my Chi had it for about 7 years and I only use it maybe 3 times a year. That FHI is just so tempting and I have a coupon from JCP. @Rozlewis please report back how you like it please!

Hi @Daina

I don't flat iron often but I am due for a relaxer on February 24th so I will flat iron around that time. However, as soon as I receive it I will use it on my daughter hair and I will defintately report back with a review and pictures. I can't wait.

Beamodel

@Rozlewis @Beamodel @Daina i had a few flat irons but my FHI takes the cake. Idk which one I have but it made me give away my sedu.

@Saludable84
I totally can see why you gave away your sedu. To get silky straight hair, with one pass on a moderate heat setting.... girl this FHI has me saying Chi (who), Babyliss (who)... Thos is without a doubt the best flat iron I have ever used.

Curls&Justice417

Hits:
*twist outs! I'm finally getting better at them. I just need to work on fluffing and styling them
*Shea Moisture High Porosity Hair Elixir.
*Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave in. Great detangler and makes an excellent base for creamy products

Misses:
Perm/flexi rod sets. I just can't get the hang of it, but I'll try again eventually.

demlew

@demlew
Have you heard back from them?

I called and spoke to a really nice gentleman. He said he'd emailed me already (I didn't get it - checked junk/spam too). But he knew who I was and he immediately refunded my PayPal account. He even went through the ingredient list with me. It was a 10 minute convo and ended as a good experience, so I won't put them on the naughty list lol

naturalyogini

Hits
Carol's Daughter Original Hair Milk
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk styling Butter
Used both to twist my hair. Big, fat, juicy twists.

Carol's Daughter Rhassoul mask. Made my hair feel strong and moisturized from the inside. Not necessarily soft. I need to use it with the same shampoo. Very strong scent that gratefully doesn't linger.
Who would have thought that after all these years being natural, I would go back to Carols Daughter and Miss Jessies?

Hairveda Red tea moisturizer. This stuff rocks. I need to try the corresponding conditioner.

Neutral
Jakeala Moisture punch. Not sure this gives me enough moisture. I bought it to replace Hairveda Busy Izzy Gets Buttered up. No comparison. (sigh) Probably not a repurchase.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits
Carol's Daughter Original Hair Milk
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk styling Butter
Used both to twist my hair. Big, fat, juicy twists.

Carol's Daughter Rhassoul mask. Made my hair feel strong and moisturized from the inside. Not necessarily soft. I need to use it with the same shampoo. Very strong scent that gratefully doesn't linger.
Who would have thought that after all these years being natural, I would go back to Carols Daughter and Miss Jessies?

Hairveda Red tea moisturizer. This stuff rocks. I need to try the corresponding conditioner.

Neutral
Jakeala Moisture punch. Not sure this gives me enough moisture. I bought it to replace Hairveda Busy Izzy Gets Buttered up. No comparison. (sigh) Probably not a repurchase.

did you use it on wet or dry hair? On wet hair... eh, on dry hair for me it was oober moisture city. I also used it as a leave in and then used something else on top to seal with.

MsSanz92

Instant MEGA Hit
FHI Diamond Digital Ceramic Flat Iron

I achieved the smoothest, sleekest silk press ever! With one pass too. I currently have a babyliss and a chi. Neither one of these hold a candle to this FHI iron.

I've been eyeing this flat iron for a while, because I've previously owned another FHI flat iron and it was awesome. I'm still debating on if I should drop the money on it, but it does seem like it's worth it!