January 2019: Hits & Misses

Shadow_Lace

Hits: OGX Orchid & Kukui Oil spray mists.

I use either to finish a style and seal-in moisture. I'm normal porosity, but living in So. Cali keeps me on my toes about retaining moisture. For the most part moisture isn't a big issue for me (oily scalp), but I still have to combat dry air, dry hair and varying dew points.

The Kukui Oil is Anti-Frizz and helps w/ high humidity. (We had a storm recently). It definitely held up on it's end.

I use the Orchid Oil for mostly sunny days, whenever I'm out & about, and it's UV protection.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits

Natures Ego Chebe Detox Shampoo
Cleansing, sudsy, tingly, soothing!! It was bomb!

Natures Ego Fenugreek Deep conditioner
Softening, smoothing and slightly detangling. Rinse out and my hair felt really soft

Natures Ego Ayurvedic Prepoo
Great at removing the product buildup from the box braids

Miss

Rushing my wash day to get my hair rebraided before the snow.
It didn't snow and I rescheduled my hair apt to Tuesday evening

The smell of Natures Ego Ayurvedic prepoo
You cant leave this stuff in. No matter how good the ingredients are. WHEW Lord!

cocopuff

Hits
4theloveofbubbles Purple Heart Flower Moisturizing Spritz ; I am enjoying using this product especially since I am wearing twist extensions right now and it is lays my new growth down so well that you can't even tell I have have the twists in for two months. The spray also smells good and adds sheen and moisture to my hair.

4theloveofbubbles Herbal Hair Food Spray; Smells like tea and I have noticed less breakage since I started using it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Rediscovered Hit:
Curl Junkie Cleansers/Conditioners. I love that I can use the conditioners as rinse outs, leave in's, deep conditioners etc.

I deep conditioned with Curl Rehab, but left it in as a leave in instead of rinsing it out. Me thinks this may have replaced my Oyin Hair Dew. The moisture on this mug is banana's!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hits

Natures Ego Chebe Detox Shampoo
Cleansing, sudsy, tingly, soothing!! It was bomb!

Natures Ego Fenugreek Deep conditioner
Softening, smoothing and slightly detangling. Rinse out and my hair felt really soft

Natures Ego Ayurvedic Prepoo
Great at removing the product buildup from the box braids

Miss

Rushing my wash day to get my hair rebraided before the snow.
It didn't snow and I rescheduled my hair apt to Tuesday evening

The smell of Natures Ego Ayurvedic prepoo
You cant leave this stuff in. No matter how good the ingredients are. WHEW Lord!
See this is why I be trying to stay away from this board :nono:. Follows on Instagram and saves as Favorite on Etsy :look:.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit
Shemoisture Low porosity leave in.
I can use this after conditioning without sealing and have happy hair.

Curl Origin

Chocolate cowash
Divine scent. Creamy. Conditioning and scalp felt clean. Huge amount for price.

Miss

Night blooming Fairy dust

Gritty didn’t rinse out on wash day. Was flaking on my hair after it dried. Had to cowash it out last night.

Lita

Major Hit-
Shea Nilotica Butter using it right out of the container..My hair is singing

New Hit-
Crown of Tresses “Chebe Infused Oil”
This oil really surprised me..It has worked well with every product..It didn’t leave residue,very absorbent,gives great shine and help seale in moisture especially even with this cold unpredictable weather..

Major Hit-
Bekura Beauty “Leche de Babasu Dc”
Say What? This is super moisturizing my hair was sooooo soft/silky..Rinsed out nicely..I had it on my hair for 2hrs without heat,was doing things around the house at that time...

Miss-
The price of Bekura Beauty...
I should have ordered more of the Dc..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
HIT: My DIYs.

Ingredients To Die For (ITDF) has gotten tougher about individuals buying large size bases and it just isn't economical to purchase the smaller sizes AND pay that crazy shipping. So I decided to just purchase the ingredients then DIY a shampoo and my favorite ITDF leave in, the Marshmallow Moisture Balm. I played with the formulas and after one or two adjustments both DIYs turned out great. I plan on still purchasing their Intense Moisture Cream deep conditioner because its awesome and it is NOT a product I can cold process like the other two.

blazingbeauty

Hit:
Garnier Whole Blends Honey Conditioner is “sent from heaven” like Keyshia Cole said. I detangled in 30 minutes with that ish. And it leaves my hair beautifully moisturized and detangled.

Miss: (Tested 3x)
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque. It leaves my hair fragile/weak. The results of the Whole Blends are what I wanted Shea Moisture’s to be. I don’t even want to finish it like I originally planned. Maybe i’ll use it in my spray bottle so as not to waste. Idk it has some kind of slip agent (maybe the BTMS) that should make it moistruzing, but for some reason it rinses completely away leaving no moisture. I tried to leave a bit in and my hair just felt coated.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HITS (in no particular order):
Curls Blue.berry & Mint Scalp Tea
SM's Take Down Detangler (dupe for KCKT)
Curls Dynasty Pumpkin & Mint DC'er
ENTWINE Moisture Hydration Hair Masque
HydroQuench Systems Cleansing Conditioner
BlueRoze Beauty's Pumpkin Seed Hair Whip (Original Formulation)
Jakeala's Beau Vert (Beautiful Greens) Detox Treatment
Darcy's Botancials Eucalyptus & Mint Scalp Treatment

Lita

Hit-
AfroVeda pumpkin shampoo,cleanse extremely well without stripping my hair and a little goes a long way..

Hit/miss-
AfroVeda “SheaAmla” it does a great job at smoothing down my edges keeping it in place..On my length it left my hair feeling hard the next day..

Continue Hits-
Curls and Potions “Clay Wash” leaves the hair fluffy,soft,full with body and plays well with other products.

Continued Super Hit-
Bekura Beauty ”Leche De Babasu Dc” still a super Hit..Soft Hydrated Moisturized Tangle Free Hair..

Happy Hair Growing!

Aggie

@Aggie
It reminds me of SSI's Coriander & Fig (as far as consistency and application).:lick: A good Dupe.:love2:

The smell is out of this world and you get a bigger jar. :love:

SSI's Coriander & Fig is 4oz's and Curl Origin's Babbasu & Mango is 8oz's and filled to the top.

Definitely worth purchasing!:love3:
Now this really does sound wonderful since I loved SSI's Coriander and Fig. Thanks for this awesome review @IDareT'sHair .