January 2021 What Did You Buy This Week?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner & direct leave in. Returning to old favs. Denman detangling brush & soft brushes.
Yes that Giovanni Direct Leave In was definitely an oldie massive fav. I might have to grab one myself.

ETA: Just grabbed me a Giovanni Direct Leave In

(since I want to get more into shape. Being able to cowash [like i used to back in the day] after I hit the gym... I just want some botanical conditioners & leave ins to keep that “maximum hydration” in my hair)

GDLI and KCKT are my maximum hydration method botanical leave ins.

Last edited:

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Yes that Giovanni Direct Leave In was definitely an oldie massive fav. I might have to grab one myself.

ETA: Just grabbed me a Giovanni Direct Leave In

(since I want to get more into shape. Being able to cowash [like i used to back in the day] after I hit the gym... I just want some botanical conditioners & leave ins to keep that “maximum hydration” in my hair)

GDLI and KCKT are my maximum hydration method botanical leave ins.
That one is sold out at all the stores and online place where I shop I looked for it after noticing it was mentioned so frequently here

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Dove Intensive conditioner travel size. Noticed it has behentrimonium chloride in it, not methosulfate (latter is non-irritating).
B.chloride is also in my Revlon Uniq. Cannot wait for the Curl Junkie to arrive since it has the less iffy version.

Amazon square satin silk scarf - should be easier to wrap and keep on than the current long, rectangular scarf from Etsy. Will just fold in half to make a triangle

HSooq Argan oil + more 2019 batch of Jamila

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
2 jars of Bellebarorganics Hibiscus shampoo. Love this. They are discontinuing this and the Henna mask, rice water mask, witch hazel tea and Marula oil. 25% off
Sigh. Again, ready to check out but the shipping was killing me. I only wanted the shampoo and RW mask.
If anyone knows good companies based in or shipping from Canada let me know plz
ETA: gave in and bought the shampoo only. so much for that

Kiaray8

I received my treasure tress box this week (which I’ve cancelled - too many coconut/protein products for me) & tried the Palmer’s Coconut oil formula conditioning shampoo - it was actually really good I was surprised as I’m not a big fan of coconut products. I also tried the mane and tail shampoo which was another one of the products they sent a month ago but that was terrible. It had too much protein.

cocopuff

I bought fractionated coconut oil from AllStarHealth.com; two 16 ounce bottles cost~ $25 including shipping. I will be using the oil to make my own hair oil; usually I use organic virgin coconut oil but wanted to try the fractionated version this time to avoid my oil becoming solid during the winter months.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
That one is sold out at all the stores and online place where I shop I looked for it after noticing it was mentioned so frequently here
I got a bottle from Amazon..... Thank you so much.....I used it this weekend and the slip and hydration was so wonderful. I forgotten about this leave in. I think at the time this forum was so popular....it was hard getting your hands on some... and then when the boom of natural black owned hair products hit the market.... that Giovanni Leave In became forgotten. I'm so glad I purchased it.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I bought Hairfinity gummy hair vitamins. The pills gave me horrible acne but excellent growth and increased thickness years ago. I also bought Naked by Essations pre relaxer treatment.

I was thinking about going back to Biotin gummy formulas. I learned (through Youtube) that biotin causes acne and breakouts due to vitamin b5 (Pantothentic Acid) competing for space in the body...and biotin will always win. If you're taking biotin (and you get acne from it)...you should also supplement Pantothentic Acid B5 as well. The reviews I have read on supplementing both together and B5 alone for clear skin was shocking to me with the positive reviews I found because I never this until today.