Jason Sea Kelp Shampoo and Conditioner....so far

sweetcocoa

I've used the shampoo 2 nights in a row and the conditioner along with it last night. I am loving the way my hair smells today...it smells so fresh...like at the ocean. A clean 'yummy' smell. My carpool partner even commented on how nice my hair smelled. The first night I wasn't sure about the shampoo...it doesn't lather up like conventional shampoos...the 2nd lather(which they recommend) was better. My hair didn't feel 'clean'(does that make sense?)...I wasn't sure it actually did anything. My hair was soft yesterday...but that is normal for me. So last night I followed it with the conditioner and left it on 15 minutes, then I rinsed(I shampoo with distilled water because my water is very hard and highly chlorinated...). I did my usual leave in and twisted my hair into 4 fat coils. This morning my hair finished drying on the way into work. I seperated the coils(my hair looks like a straw set only more natural). My curls came out so nice and smell so good. The Sea Kelp is a keeper for me. I don't know if it's because they are a natural product and I'm natural or what...but I am pleased so far...

I'm glad you like them. I've never tried these. These all natural products always have amazing smells. Aubrey Organics smells heavenly too.

Keep us posted on the other purchases too

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I love these products! I thought I "discovered" it only to find out several ladies here have been using it for years!
I'm suprised more people here don't use it... My health food store has stopped carrying a lot of Jason products and they had a 2/$6 sale. I stocked up.
The shampoo is detangling and moisturizing without leaving a slippery film on the hair.

FYI: A pea-sized dollop of the conditioner works well as a leave-in, too.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
FYI: A pea-sized dollop of the conditioner works well as a leave-in, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about trying it this way. Thanks!

Elyse

Gladnyou like it Sweetcocoa!! I may need to buy another bottle of the Sea Kelp conditioner myself!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
SassyGirl125- Is this Whole Food store in NY and how long is the sale!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry! This sale was a long time ago at a local store here in SC. When I run out of the stuff I bought I plan to buy it online with my vitamins. Even after calculating the shipping it comes out cheaper than making a special trip to the health food store for me.
Vitacost.com, vitaminlife.com, myvitanet.com, vitaminshoppe.com and webvitamins.com sell things dirt cheap...

sweetcocoa

I paid 4.99 each for the shampoo and the conditioner(Jason's Sea Kelp)....I believe they were both 16 oz. size. I'll check again when I get home.

NayNay

Bad Cocoa & Sassy
I am GOING to resist temptation and not buy it. I have used Jason products too and have liked them. I used the biotin conditioner. I think the shampoos don't lather that well because they don't have the harsh detergents. I will keep it in mind though........

AZJeepgurl

Hello there, Sweetcocoa! Long time no speak!

Well, I'm glad SOMEBODY had a great experience with this stuff cause I was not overly impressed.

I did however use up the shampoo. The ingredient list was most impressive to me with all the good stuff listed first and the not-so-good, in the background. Plus, anyone that lists the PH has my vote.

And the shampoo doesnt lather like other shampoos because as NayNay said, it's missing the SLS. That's a really good thing. I think it's a mind thing that we think because it doesn't lather, our hair isn't getting clean.

So, I went to my shower stall and see that I still have the conditioner. So I'm guessing it wasn't satisfying me at the time. But I will probably finish it up. The shampoo, I guess I liked, since it's gone. I, personally am stuck on Avalon Mint Thyme shampoo because my scalp tingles. I, purchased it at a local health food store, but I believe Whole Foods carries it as well, for a higher price.

Take care,
AZ