Jesus at the Helm

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I posted this in another thread. But it has such a tender and powerful meaning in my personal life, I wanted to bring it more to the forefront to bless others.

My son-in-law is in the Navy. Many miracles have followed him during the course of his Navy carreer all because of Jesus. With every deployment of any of his ships, the prayer that goes with him is,

"Jesus is at the Helm" and no other. He is the guiding light, the compass and the steer, at the port of every dock, He is the solid Rock, this ship is maintained by the Master, Jesus Christ Our Lord."

Even my 'babies' know this prayer. ;) There's nothing like the beauty of a child who can put their trust in Jesus; This says something about the God we serve and love, that even a child can trust Him to protect their most valued treasure...'their Daddie'.

Jesus is at the Helm in every area of our lives, if we allow and acknowledge Him there. No other god is allowed in.

While "...some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God..." (Psalm 20:7)

No matter where we go, whether it's by land, air or sea, 'Jesus is at the Helm' guarding our Destiny...for sure.

Wives this is wonderful way to send your husband off to work or even to the grocery store or even a simple game of golf. As you kiss him at the door, "Father I thank you...Jesus is at the Helm protecting my husband's Destiny, bringing him back home to me in your loving safety.

It's for our children, our parents, our loved ones and friends we hold dear. No matter where they are, or where they have to go, we send them off in loving prayer, allowing Jesus to be there at the Helm of every travel.

Be blessed...;)

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie said:
I posted this in another thread. But it has such a tender and powerful meaning in my personal life, I wanted to bring it more to the forefront to bless others.

My son-in-law is in the Navy. Many miracles have followed him during the course of his Navy carreer all because of Jesus. With every deployment of any of his ships, the prayer that goes with him is,

"Jesus is at the Helm" and no other. He is the guiding light, the compass and the steer, at the port of every dock, He is the solid Rock, this ship is maintained by the Master, Jesus Christ Our Lord."

Even my 'babies' know this prayer. ;) There's nothing like the beauty of a child who can put their trust in Jesus; This says something about the God we serve and love, that even a child can trust Him to protect their most valued treasure...'their Daddie'.

Jesus is at the Helm in every area of our lives, if we allow and acknowledge Him there. No other god is allowed in.

While "...some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God..." (Psalm 20:7)

No matter where we go, whether it's by land, air or sea, 'Jesus is at the Helm' guarding our Destiny...for sure.

Wives this is wonderful way to send your husband off to work or even to the grocery store or even a simple game of golf. As you kiss him at the door, "Father I thank you...Jesus is at the Helm protecting my husband's Destiny, bringing him back home to me in your loving safety.

It's for our children, our parents, our loved ones and friends we hold dear. No matter where they are, or where they have to go, we send them off in loving prayer, allowing Jesus to be there at the Helm of every travel.

Be blessed...;)

Beautiful, Shimmie...I thank God our Father for the gifts that He has bestowed upon your life. May you continue to be a light upon a hill which cannot be hidden!

Blessings, always...:p

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
Beautiful, Shimmie...I thank God our Father for the gifts that He has bestowed upon your life. May you continue to be a light upon a hill which cannot be hidden!

Or a missle.... ;)

Just kidding; it's the military in me.

But thank you, sweet lady of God... :kiss:

I have more to share later to bless marriages. It's needed and it has to be said.

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie said:
Or a missle.... ;)

Just kidding; it's the military in me.

But thank you, sweet lady of God... :kiss:

I have more to share later to bless marriages. It's needed and it has to be said.

I like that..."or a missle"..that was pretty good!

You are welcome.

I have some good stuff too to bless marriages. I'm going to have to do it later though...too much stuff to write now. It will be nice to share what the Lord gives the both of us about it though...nothing like being happily married in the Lord!

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
I like that..."or a missle"..that was pretty good!

You are welcome.

I have some good stuff too to bless marriages. I'm going to have to do it later though...too much stuff to write now. It will be nice to share what the Lord gives the both of us about it though...nothing like being happily married in the Lord!

Amen...;) It's much needed.

pebbles

Nice & Wavy said:

Amen! I second that!! :)

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
Shimmie...you come up with some good ones...LOL!!!:D

I've been hitting the 'bottle' again. Perrier, that is. These are some strong bubbles in this water. No wonder I'm a such a pistol. :spinning:

I'm working on my next marriage thread. It's entitled Wives in Ministry. It's heavy and it's needed. Too much is creeping into the Church and where the 'attack' used to be the Man of God, it's now the Women of God.

I have no doubt that you and several others are also 'tuned' in to this; for you are also seeing this for yourselves.

Jesus is still Lord...