Jesus Sees Potential

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I found this on the Biblical Court web site and thought it was right on time for me cause lately I've felt like such a failure and a complete waste of skin but it give me hope to know that ....Jesus Sees Potential

We often remember Peters failure as he denied His Lord three times, but we often forget that Jesus restored him and used Peter to birth the early church. What was the secret of Peters restoration? Well, I believe it was the result of many things. One, Peters remorse and repentance. But most importantly, our Lords intervension. You see, even before Peter denied Jesus, Jesus told Peter in the upper room while they were celebrating the passover meal in Luke 22:31, "Simon, Simon, Satan has desired to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you." Listen, the reason why Peter came through this devistating failure and was restored to great usefullness, was because Jesus was praying for him. Listen, if Jesus for one moment stopped interceeding for us, we would fall away and never come back.
You see, Jesus knew that Peter was going to fail, but He also knew that peter would return. Why? Because He prayed for him. This tells us two things. One, we should be thankful that Jesus ever lives to make intecession for us (Heb.7:25) And secondly that when Jesus looks at us He sees the end result. He sees potential. We see a blamk canvass, He sees a portrait. We see a lump of coal, He sees a diamond in the rough. We see a Jacob, He sees an Isreal. We see a Saul, He sees a Paul. We see a Simon, He sees a Peter.

Ron Hindt
Calvary Chapel
Houston

Chrissy811

Yes Amen to this. Man looks at the outer appearance, the superficial things God looks directly at the heart and remember he knows oour beginning from the end and God does not make mistakes.

slwe415

That is very true. Another incident that comes to mind is when Jesus bade Peter to come and walk on the water with Him. Peter stepped out on the water, but when the wind became boisterous, he was afraid and began to sink. He cried out to Jesus to help him, and Jesus saved him. A lot of people criticize Peter because he was sinking. But you know, there are two things that a person can get out of that scripture. First of all, he stepped out there. There are so many people that have dreams, but they are too afraid to step out of their comfort zones...for fear of failure. Peter had the courage to step out of the boat and do the 'impossible' to the human eye. However, like us today, when he got out there and saw the winds raging, he got afraid. In other words, he was focusing on how big his problem (the raging wind) was, instead of telling that problem how big Jesus is. We do the same thing today. In all of our 'raging winds', whether it be finances, illness, family crises, etc...sometimes we start looking at our problems instead of keeping our focus on the Problem Solver. You have to give Peter his props though. Although he made a mistake in focusing on his problem, he didn't stay there. When he realized he was sinking, he had since enough to cry out to Jesus for help! But what do some of us do? Instead of calling on the Problem Solver, we try to fix it ourselves, and most of the time we make an even bigger mess. :(

Always remember that with God nothing shall be impossible. It make look like it, feel like it, or smell like it is impossible, but with God, nothing is impossible. :)

Last edited:

pebbles

slwe415 said:
That is very true. Another incident that comes to mind is when Jesus bade Peter to come and walk on the water with Him. Peter stepped out on the water, but when the wind became boisterous, he was afraid and began to sink. He cried out to Jesus to help him, and Jesus saved him. A lot of people criticize Peter because he was sinking. But you know, there are two things that a person can get out of that scripture. First of all, he stepped out there. There are so many people that have dreams, but they are too afraid to step out of their comfort zones...for fear of failure. Peter had the courage to step out of the boat and do the 'impossible' to the human eye. However, like us today, when he got out there and saw the winds raging, he got afraid. In other words, he was focusing on how big his problem (the raging wind) was, instead of telling that problem how big Jesus is. We do the same thing today. In all of our 'raging winds', whether it be finances, illness, family crises, etc...sometimes we start looking at our problems instead of keeping our focus on the Problem Solver. You have to give Peter his props though. Although he made a mistake in focusing on his problem, he didn't stay there. When he realized he was sinking, he had since enough to cry out to Jesus for help! But what do some of us do? Instead of calling on the Problem Solver, we try to fix it ourselves, and most of the time we make an even bigger mess. :(

Always remember that with God nothing shall be impossible. It make look like it, feel like it, or smell like it is impossible, but with God, nothing is impossible. :)

Excellent reminder! I love the fact that with Jesus, Peter did the impossible and walked on water! Praise GOD!! :yay:

Belle Du Jour

pebbles said:
Excellent reminder! I love the fact that with Jesus, Peter did the impossible and walked on water! Praise GOD!! :yay:

Yes!

"I can do all things through Christ" can be interpreted as I have the potential to do all things through Christ. Nothing is out of our reach!