Jheri Curl!

Homerunhome

hey how's it going I am new member to this forum. I have just gotten my hair jheri curled (I am guy btw) I guess you can say I'm stuck in the 90s LOL. My hair is naturally Straight (Indian hair) and it was permed. I want to know what products can I put to maintain the wet and greasy Jheri curl look (which everyone is trying to avoid!) lol. Which jheri juice products/ combos do you recommend? Keep in mind my hair is naturally very straight and was permed.

MilkChocolateOne

I am going to direct you to another forum http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/curls_forum21.html.
They have an entire section dedicated to curly perms. Jheri curls haven't been a popular hairstyle since 1989. You probably will not find a lot of help here because Black people very rarely wear curly perms. It's just not popular. Maintaining naturally curly or kinky hair is not the same as maintaining a curly perm. You can also try looking at this forum too https://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/ check out the sections for type 2 and type 3 hair. It's full of people with a hair texture similar to yours. They might be able to help you obtain the wet look with having greasy/oily hair.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
If you want it really wet, Care Free Curl Gold activator. Hands down, this is the ultimate Jheri Joice.

I still use this faithfully and have about 30, 16OZ bottles in a box in my closet. I have 4B 4C hair and it keeps my hair NICE. And if I get down to fifteen bottles I'm buying more.

Homerunhome

Yep mine was permed i have tight curls. Do you use any other products along with the curl free activator or is that all??

Homerunhome

Not trolling at all I'm dead serious. I'll put up pics when i get off work today. Figured I could get some insight if i posted here that's why I signed up.

Homerunhome

I did they actually sold me a bunch of their inhouse branded products which aren't really doing the job which is why I came here to ask lol

Homerunhome

Yep I just bought some and some rose water. This is my hair with rose water , hawaiin silky gel and the CFCG. Hope it stays like this throughout the day. Do you have to keep adding the CFCG or once in the morning is fine? Not a troll

Attachments

• IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 72

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Once every other day should be good enough. I was going to mention Hawaii Silky, but I never used it yet I still know that that's another good one. The CFCG I know for sure 100% works.

Your hair is well moistened lol.

Homerunhome

Yea a day after now my hair feels really dry and hard I'm pretty sure it's because of the Hawaiian silky gel I will have to experiment and see which one is causing the dryness the CFCG or Hawaiian silky